No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it will be a long term thing, it was just one of those games. He had been snake bit so many times leading up to that penalty kick it just seemed to frustrate him. He even had a look of frustration on his face before the penalty.

I also feel bad for the molly whopping that Hungary is probably going to receive.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• U.S. expects people to embrace soccer, yet in a time of the year where there is pretty much nothing on the major networks sports related they don't televise Argentina v Venezuela in the Quarter Finals of the competition the U.S. is hosting.

Isn't happening in my lifetime, for sure.

U.S. can't embrace soccer until they embrace soccer - not just when the U.S. or Mexico are playing.

Comment

• I know, I looked all around, and can only find both quarterfinal games today on Univision.

I know Fox has the broadcasting rights, and they also have the US Open rights, which takes more precedence and higher ratings than soccer, but hell, they could have t least put it on FS2 or a streaming service
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Thanks for advice Marko Osijek got a new owner and has $$ to spend so we'll be ok and little me will maaaaybe have something to look forward to
          Yes Dinamo Zagreb fan are fighting amongst themselves, it's just silly all around.

Belgium had a great game yesterday, they have great team and I hope they go far this year
          http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            U.S. expects people to embrace soccer, yet in a time of the year where there is pretty much nothing on the major networks sports related they don't televise Argentina v Venezuela in the Quarter Finals of the competition the U.S. is hosting.

Isn't happening in my lifetime, for sure.

U.S. can't embrace soccer until they embrace soccer - not just when the U.S. or Mexico are playing.
            Especially a game featuring arguably the best player in the world right now.

Comment

• I find it unreal that people still have to say "arguably" the best player......., I mean you are correct, he is "arguably" the best player in the world......, but zero argument from me. He IS the best player in the world by an absolute country mile. Also can't believe your sports channels aren't showing it. That's bordering scandalous!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Wee cousin sent me this earlier. Had me crying all over again!

An edit of the Hibs goals from the 2016 Scottish Cup Final set to Nessun Dorma from Turandot.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  I find it unreal that people still have to say "arguably" the best player......., I mean you are correct, he is "arguably" the best player in the world......, but zero argument from me. He IS the best player in the world by an absolute country mile. Also can't believe your sports channels aren't showing it. That's bordering scandalous!
                  Well, there are some claims that Neymar is actually catching up fast to Messi. And there's still some Ronaldo fans who have at least a passing argument.

Comment

• Messi joint top scorer for Argentina now after the 4-1 win vs Venezuala. You'd think with Maradona....., but no, with Gabriel Bastituta.

And err, 7-0 Chile v Mekeeko?

Comment

• Chile's hardly a joke (I think they're #5 in the world according to FIFA rankings), and Mexico straight up quit after the 50th minute.

Comment

• Yip, they are no mugs. Still didn't think they'd hump them 7-0.

And have you looked at the current rankings table? Its utter pish. Austria above England, Italy and France? Bollocks.
                        Bosnia Herzgovnia & Costa Rica above Croatia, Czech republic, Poland & Russia. Total complete bollocks.
                        Even Colombia being THIRD is nonsense.

Comment

• I was so happy to see Albania win yesterday. Whether they play on or not, to get a win in their first major tournament is a great accomplishment. The celebration was priceless.

I don't know the ins and outs of the game, but Albania is scrappy as hell. They contest everything and rarely get caught out of position. They just need to find a couple of guys who can finish.

Comment

• The Bloo Poo committee ingested twelve minutes of MLS (SEA vs NY). After careful research collaboration and consideration, the committee's official statement is as follows:

"Regardless of apparent panache, the push of this plush pish is hereby too posh for 'murican consumption. Therefore, engaging in any sport requiring a patch of pitch will result in a punch except in a real pinch."

This is the Committee's word, and as such, is beyond contestation.
                            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Plush pish!!! LMAO!!! Excellent Trickalicious.

You muricans stay the fk off our patch of pitch and keep on pitchin on yer mounds & battin from yer plates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Plush pish!!! LMAO!!! Excellent Trickalicious.

You muricans stay the fk off our patch of pitch and keep on pitchin on yer mounds & battin from yer plates!
                                As long as you keep that pitching you call "bowling" off our grass. No bat should ever be flat and wickets are for croquet you limey bastards.

Comment

Working...
                                X