No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration continues for Jeff Gordon, but another top 10 finish.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Hey FL....., I think soccer on here is confusing enough without saying "woman's" FA Cup dream. You had me bloody confused.

Huge game today. Man city v Red Scouse. Heading down the boozer to watch this. No preference on the win.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Ha, I hate the spell check on the Android.

Comment

• Liverpool 3 Manchester City 2

Stephen Garrard is close to a title.

Comment

• They are sort of acting as if they've already clinched the title. Really hope they don't slip up. I certainly didn't see a Liverpool title on the horizon. But neither did Jose Mourinho so no harm done. And why is the Detroit Lions Forum number one Red Scouse fan, OZ not been on here talking up his team? I bore the tits off myself talking up Hibs and they are absolute rank.

MON THE TOFFEES!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Probably for the same reason no Lions fan for more than 5 years knew not to talk trash when the Lions had the door wide open for them last fall. When you've been "fecking pish" as you so eloquently put it for so long, you shut your mouth until it's set in stone that the story will end differently.

I mean, look at Deuce, he's probably STILL wiping the egg off his face from last December.

Comment

• that is not egg................
                The only logical explanation is:
                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Probably for the same reason no Lions fan for more than 5 years knew not to talk trash when the Lions had the door wide open for them last fall. When you've been "fecking pish" as you so eloquently put it for so long, you shut your mouth until it's set in stone that the story will end differently.

I mean, look at Deuce, he's probably STILL wiping the egg off his face from last December.

I cant seem to figure who takes the sport just a tad too seriously....., you, or Deuce.

The Hibees haven't always been fecking pish. One of the biggest clubs in Europe in the 50's....., first British club to actually compete in European football was in fact, Hibernian FC. 60's were good, 70's getting slightly worse, 80's the fecking pishness set in, 90's (91 aside) Pish, then its just been mediocre absolute fecking pish since then. Got to talk them up though, cos that's what fans do. Then we get feckin pished and forget aboot it.

Comment

• I was referring to Liverpool, Marko. Hasn't it been something like nearly 30 years since their last title?

Comment

• When their team was loaded with Scottish players? Yep. They started getting fecking pish when their Scots all got too old. Their demise actually tied in with the Scottish International teams demise. Those 80's Scottish internationals/Liverpool players were awesome.

Edit: Then another Scot called Sir Eck came along and fkn won everything else for the next 25 yrs.

Apologies. I do let my bitterness towards Scotland being so shit, show through by being slightly patriotic.
                      Last edited by Marko69; April 14, 2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Moyes finally given the heave ho. But he's going to be receiving ?15.5M in compensation. Not too shabby for 11 months work. That'll make up for the dogs abuse he was getting from the "fans". We will never know, but I personally think he would've turned a corner and been a decent Manure manager. Impatient, glory hunting tossers.

Comment

• Soccer Player Has Worst Game Ever, Breaks Down Crying, Subs Himself Out

Greg Howard

Real Betis suck, are in last place in La Liga, and barring multiple, simultaneous miracles, will almost definitely be relegated in a few weeks' time. Paul?o is a center back on that team. This is his story.
                          [ame]http://youtu.be/RDlP6DRVX8E[/ame]

On Sunday Paul?o and co. played Rayo Vallecano. They lost 3-1, and as you can see from the video above, it was almost all Paul?o's fault.

Fourteen minutes in, the Brazilian defender received a pass in his own box. Instead of clearing it, he played a soft pass back toward his goalkeeper, thinking he had all the time in the world. He did not, and a Rayo player picked off the ball and passed it by the Betis keeper to take the lead. Thirteen minutes later, Paul?o shat all over himself again.

When Rayo attempted an early, low cross into the near post, Paul?o was in position. He swung to clear, but the ball shanked off his foot. His keeper was too slow to react, and Rayo were down 2-0.
                          Paul?o collapsed to the ground, defeated, and had to be helped to his feet and consoled by a Rayo player. He could have played on, but poor Paul?o had shamed himself, his club, and his family name, and he knew it. It was time to get the fuck off the pitch.

So the Brazilian, ever honorable, motioned to his bench to do just that, and that they did, five short minutes later.

And Paul?o, in tears, legacy in tatters, walked off, never to be heard from on American blogs again.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hopefully the entire Hibs team sub themselves this coming Sunday against those JFW's.

Comment

• Ha! Good luck Marko. 'Mon the Hibs!

Comment

• They need more than luck this game, Bimmer. The Hibs need some Divine intervention today. The fuckwits are already relegated but the Hibees are in freefall towards that relegation play-off. They've been humpty for weeks. Need a win today. Off to the game right now......, being picked up by my youngest son, Scotty who's just bought himself a wee sports car. Beautiful little MG. I told him when he was 15 years old...., "Don't be getting girls pregnant, get a sports car!" ....., and that's what he's gone and done! Well done, Dotman.

'MON THE CABBAGE.

Comment

Working...
                                X