No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still a foul, can't just swing your arm trying to shield off a man. It's his totally losing his mind that got him sent off. Dumbass, it's like false starting when you know the count - just walk away.

Comment

• TBH, Germany probably had 3-4 in them even with Portugal having 11 men. Ronaldo's refusal to do anything to help the midfielders basically means they are playing with 10 men every time Germany has the ball anyway. Now they are playing with 9 essentially.

Should have been 4-0, how Khedira missed a completely open net after the defender/GK gaff was beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        This is where soccer should become like a USA sport. Go to a man in the booth and see that Muller is a cheating , diving German tit, and HE should be sent off for acting up. Pepe hardly touched him. Pepe shouldn't have gone near him after the incident, but the only reason he did was because he hardly touched him. And now it's 3-0! Farcical.
        What bothers me is how many times this referee has put his hands on the players - one of them is bound to take offense and lose their mind.

Comment

• Why the hell is Ronaldo still out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            Still a foul, can't just swing your arm trying to shield off a man. It's his totally losing his mind that got him sent off. Dumbass, it's like false starting when you know the count - just walk away.
            They were saying in the studio here that it actually wasn't a foul. The ref only blew the whistle after Pepe went over to Muller. The entire play was legal. He wasn't swinging his arm at all. He was in the act of running back, his arm accidentally (not a foul ) struck Muller who then went down like a fucking ton of bricks. Needs stamped out of the game.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• And there is the hat trick for the cheat.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I agree with Fraquar.

Comment

They were saying in the studio here that it actually wasn't a foul. The ref only blew the whistle after Pepe went over to Muller. The entire play was legal. He wasn't swinging his arm at all. He was in the act of running back, his arm accidentally (not a foul ) struck Muller who then went down like a fucking ton of bricks. Needs stamped out of the game.
                  We didn't see the same play. The only time an arm coming in contact with a players head is even semi-acceptable is when competing for a header - where the arm is used for leverage in the jump. Both those guys were on the ground, it's one thing to put your arm on a guy to shield him off, it's another to let is swing and come in contact with a guys head. Intentional or not, it's not acceptable.

We agree that Pepe is an idiot though, let the referee ref the game and just walk away.

Comment

• The contact is minimal, it's not even a free kick. The whole situation is about Muller. Muller looking like he'd been shot in the face makes it look bad..... Then pepe makes it even worse. I'll agree to disagree. I'd be pissed off if that decision went against a team I was following. Firmly agree with Lee Dixon on ITV. It's a disgrace.

Comment

• Some beautiful sites you have there in Scotland Marko.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

The contact is minimal, it's not even a free kick. The whole situation is about Muller. Muller looking like he'd been shot in the face makes it look bad..... Then pepe makes it even worse. I'll agree to disagree. I'd be pissed off if that decision went against a team I was following. Firmly agree with Lee Dixon on ITV. It's a disgrace.
                        But Marko, he fell and the play went on. It wasn't a free kick, it only became a free kick when Pepe lost his mind.

Comment

• There are some horrific sights as well, DanO. Like "The Cav" in Edinburgh on a Friday night!

RIGHT! Let's see you Merikans play some "soccer". I'm being forced to root for you chumps in this game, one of the wife's best buddies who she went to Uni with is Ghanaian.

So , MON the USA .

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            But Marko, he fell and the play went on. It wasn't a free kick, it only became a free kick when Pepe lost his mind.
                            Yes. That's what I said.

Edit : Maybe I wasn't clear . It's not a free kick. But Muller acting like he'd been hit by Lennox Lewis doesn't help the game of soccer. It has a bad name the world over for that main reason. Fking pussies like Muller basically cheating.

But, Pepe is an idiot and he's let Portugal down with his actions.
                            Last edited by Marko69; June 16, 2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I'm being forced to root for you chumps in this game, one of the wife's best buddies who she went to Uni with is Ghanaian. So , MON the USA .
                              It's okay to root against the guy but the presumption that he has an STD, crossing the line, no? For all you know, he coulda caught Ghanaia from a toilet seat.
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• The STD victim is actually a woman ..... And she's not too bad if you ask me. I'd bag it and take my chances!

Comment

Working...
                                X