Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Football today......, or, American accent......., SAWWWWKRRRR!

2pm, England v Wales
    5pm, Ukraine v Northern Ireland
    8pm, Germany v Poland.....

Arse being firmly parked on the couch at 1pm for the big day......., I could realistically be pished by 6pm today.
    Pronounced sock-er around here.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Just working in the morning Marko?
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Wales took it with no lube on that 1st England goal. Vardy was an easy 2 yards offside right in front of the keeper and no flag goes up.

Comment

• Just started watching soccer more regularly, mainly because my father's side of the family is Albanian and that's been a great story. That match against France was excruciating. Overall, it seems like they've performed above expectations against a couple of strong sides. At least, that's what my friends tell me who actually know their ass from the holy ground when it comes to this sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            Wales took it with no lube on that 1st England goal. Vardy was an easy 2 yards offside right in front of the keeper and no flag goes up.
            He wasn't offside, Fraquar......, the ball went forward off the Welshman Williams head. Not offside. Was actually unbelievable officiating by the linesman, (for a change)

Edit: Aye, DanO......, couple small jobs this morning, then home. Watched England v Wales on my own, but still managed to shout at the tv a few times.
            Last edited by Marko69; June 16, 2016, 11:55 AM.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
              Just started watching soccer more regularly, mainly because my father's side of the family is Albanian and that's been a great story. That match against France was excruciating. Overall, it seems like they've performed above expectations against a couple of strong sides. At least, that's what my friends tell me who actually know their ass from the holy ground when it comes to this sport.
              Two injury time goals for France, 90+1 & 90+6........, heartbreaking for Albania.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Yeah, that was bad luck for Albania, but if you've watched Croatia and Czech Republic yesterday, you could have seen what dickheads can do to your national team...fuckers
                http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• There is no doubt in my mind, Essek that if that incident didn't happen, Croatia would've won the game. Can't work out why some Croatian fans decided to do this when the country were winning and looking quite comfortable (in my opinion) ....., after the incident, the remaining minutes (and 10 added on minutes) Croatia were playing like a different side. Fair play to the Czechs for intensifying the pressure....., and I suppose it was even more high quality officiating by Mark Clattenburg; it was a penalty.

Wouldn't have liked to be anywhere near ex coach, Slaven Bilic yesterday. He will have punched someone out of pure anger!!

The only person I know who's benefitted from it is my son, who had Italy to win, Spain to win, Croatia to draw......., 98 quid back from a 10quid stake. Well done, Scotty Boy.

Comment

• Haha good for him, he should buy his old man a beer at least :D
                    Thing is, fans are fighting Croatia football federation due to mobster and criminals in it(and they are right about everything) but this is moronic and it will not help anyone
                    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by essek031 View Post
                      Haha good for him, he should buy his old man a beer at least :D
                      Thing is, fans are fighting Croatia football federation due to mobster and criminals in it(and they are right about everything) but this is moronic and it will not help anyone
                      And that's why I couldn't work out why! ......, thanks for the explanation, Essek.

I have since read more about it on other forums. Sounds quite serious in Croatia. Differences of opinion between Dinamo Zagreb supporters due to a one man dictatorship running the club. Apparently a game in April between Dinamo Zagreb and Hadjuk Split, the usual segregation was in place, but there was extra segregation put in place in the away end between the Zagreb fans themselves? That is crazy stuff. This'll be why there were sections of the Croatian support fighting each other.

Add to all this, Hadjuk Split are upset with how the league is run in general due to favouritism towards Zagreb. Far from settled by the sounds of it.

With Osijek surviving relegation last season, stay safe if travelling to any of the away games, Essek.

That's "road games" for the Americans reading!

Comment

• Entertaining game between Hungary and Iceland. Hungary tied it up late and Iceland had a chance to win with a free kick just outside the box at the end of stoppage time.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Certainly was entertaining, Frank. Iceland really are a decent side. But I think if Hungary hadve had someone with a bit more imagination up front, they'd have won; Tamas Priskin is very shite......, not once did he peel off the defenders and make space for himself. You could argue that the defenders were doing their job, but every time I see Priskin, he's poor. He apparently assisted the goal in the other game, but I missed that game!

Ireland royally humped today and welcome to the tournament Belgium.

Comment

• Ronaldo just doinked one off the post on a penalty kick. It's like he has the yips right now.

You could see him pause a moment just before he kicked it. Lacking lots of confidence
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• That could've gone on until the summer of 2017 and it'd still finish 0-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                                Ronaldo just doinked one off the post on a penalty kick. It's like he has the yips right now.

You could see him pause a moment just before he kicked it. Lacking lots of confidence
                                You think it's a confidence issue, Frank? He did score the winning pen in the Champions League Final? And he scored a cracking header tonight but just offside. I think it was just one of those nights where nothing went right for him. He'll bang in a hatrick vs Hungary........ Although wouldn't put money on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X