No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Sweden plays with fire and gets burns of the 3rd degree.

Comment

• Who plays bunker mentality a man up?

Comment

Comment

• What is the use of VAR if you don't use it for that foul in the first? Get rid of it. Why did the ref need to consult the other officials on Botang's clear second yellow?

You can't park the bus up a man, but it seems like the Swedish team was gassed and has no depth to use late in the game. A couple of times they had chances on the counter late in the game and their strikers were as fast as Dom Raolia.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                What is the use of VAR if you don't use it for that foul in the first? Get rid of it. Why did the ref need to consult the other officials on Botang's clear second yellow?

You can't park the bus up a man, but it seems like the Swedish team was gassed and has no depth to use late in the game. A couple of times they had chances on the counter late in the game and their strikers were as fast as Dom Raolia.
                He consulted his linesman, not VAR. That is standard operating procedure and they way it should be done. They sometimes have the better angle on the play.

They didn't really need to push for a winning goal, just spread Germany out and play keep-away. Instead all they did was hoof it upfield like they had all game, it was if they didn't even realize they were a man up.

Added: I made my point clear on VAR, it should only be used to verify a goal actually happened. Beyond that all Soccer will become is a video review fest like we see every weekend in the NFL.
                Added: I'm also of the impression these refs are scared to call a penalty - that was a clear penalty in the 1st half on the Swedish player with the defender in trail. That shouldn't be a VAR call, that should be plainly obvious to even the ballboy.
                Last edited by Fraquar; June 23, 2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

A couple of times they had chances on the counter late in the game and their strikers were as fast as Dom Raolia.
                  Okay, that is simply uncalled for. Geez, and you call ME hyperbolic.

Comment

Comment

• My point in the second yellow is he shouldn't have needed to consult anyone, it was a clear yellow.

Comment

Comment

My point in the second yellow is he shouldn't have needed to consult anyone, it was a clear yellow.
                          Only if he saw it clearly, which isn't a given by any ref in any sport - especially soccer as frequently as the ball changes direction and the play shifts.
                          The missed call in the 1st half, that was about as clear as you will ever see. The play was heading in one direction for like 4-5 seconds - every eye in the stadium was on the guy with the ball breaking in on goal with 2 defenders trailing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Okay, that is simply uncalled for. Geez, and you call ME hyperbolic.
                            What I am talking about is true, they may be speedsters at other times, but at the end their legs were gone

Comment

• All they needed to do was hold the ball up. For old school non-soccer fans, they just needed to implement the Dean Smith plan.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X