No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Today's games make up for those shit shows yesterday. Japan is going to regret that for a very long time. US fans still lament Wondo missing that point blank shot against the Belgians last World Cup and they had no right to win the game. When you are up 2-0 that far into the second half you have to have an ability to put the clamps down defensively.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• That center back has to make De Bruyn commit far earlier in that final play, it was a beautiful play that can only happen if your team has lost all semblance of defensive responsibilities on a corner.

To think that game was almost over on the free kick, a beautifully struck ball that dipped too much.

Comment

• I wonder if anyone new to soccer has tuned in today on the strength of all the knock out games being great, ...... because this Sweden v Swiss game is absolute shit. Needs Shaqiri to start doing some silky moves.
            Last edited by Marko69; July 3, 2018, 10:38 AM. Reason: To change Shakiri to Shaqiri. SHAKIRA SHAKIRA!!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Eh. Most of here are Americans. We're used to seeing a national team take a steaming dump on the pitch.

Comment

• What a game

Comment

• What are the odds England shits the bed against Sweden?

Gotta be damn near a lock, right?

Comment

• It's a toss up game, they've had tough times with Sweden. The odds were very good they would blow the PKs.

Comment

• They are a little light in the midfield as today showed. It is going to be tough to score on the Swedes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Eh. Most of here are Americans. We're used to seeing a national team take a steaming dump on the pitch.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Brazil gettin tested.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• ...and another one bites the dust.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not that surprising, that Belgium team has got loads of talent. They smashed everyone in qualifying and haven't lost a game in this tournament. Brazil is very good but a little overrated. The Japan game might go down as one of the biggest what-if games in history.

Comment

• Congratulations to Marko 69 for England getting to the semis, don't party too much!

Comment

Working...
                                X