No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get me wrong, the big hits without padding is weapons grade tough. It's just that the hardest part of football is the mundane hits. The huge hits are what the highlights show and they are dangerous but it's hard to explain how bad the physical toll of the everyday basic plays. The padding is a double edged sword, it is supposed to protect you but it incentivizes going full speak to knock someone out because the padding also protects you.

I think the soccer flops are sometimes ridiculous, they should knock it off but I think some of the hits are worse than they appear on TV. I can only imagine how tough I am when I'm jogging in mile 3 and somebody kicks my calf muscle from behind. I would be a mess and you would definitely make fun of my reaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I can only imagine how tough I am when I'm jogging in mile 3 and somebody kicks my calf muscle from behind. I would be a mess and you would definitely make fun of my reaction.
      Superb! Would you be rolling about?

And I didn't think about padding that way. You make an excellent point.

In any case......., you wouldnt catch me playing US Football or Aussie Rules. I'll stick to the soccer......., less likely to break a nail.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

you wouldnt catch me playing US Football or Aussie Rules. I'll stick to the soccer......., less likely to break a nail.
        Heh, heh. Even if you could afford a lifetime membership to Nails R US?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• LOL!
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• At least you eventually understood the difference.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Superb! Would you be rolling about?

And I didn't think about padding that way. You make an excellent point.

In any case......., you wouldnt catch me playing US Football or Aussie Rules. I'll stick to the soccer......., less likely to break a nail.
                  Yesterday I would have been. I was running on a trail and my daughter texts me that she'll need to be picked up in 15 minutes and I was a good 20 minutes from my car. By the time I got to the car I would flopped and rolled around big time if somebody touched me. I probably would have cried as well.

My wife was a trainer for college sports and high school football. She said the worst injuries she worried about were soccer and girls cheerleading.

Comment

• I'll join if I can, I've played soccer like every european kid so you know i'm not bias, but i've played football for seven years and it's just amazing.
                    no sport can be compared to it (for me at least) and i've tried basketball, handball, tennis, even kickbox.
                    football has that ultimate team sport thing to it that keeps ot apart.
                    and trust me, I've been on team that hasn't won game for 5 yrs ????
                    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

Comment

• Congrats, saw it on facebook.

yeah, unlucky loss, rangers play really shitty footy, we had 17 shots, they 3, best part of game is that my brother cought gerrard for photo after the game :D

??????oh and marko, can u tell me what's with british flags n' all, not single scotish flag, is that a thing or?

Comment

Comment

• I know the difference between celtic and rangers but didn't know ther are THAT pro british, that's good n' all but mate you guys live in scotland ffs.

but have to give it to them, heck of a drinkers :D

Comment

Comment

• Meant them, not you personally ofc
                                well, we'll bet them for you then :D

Comment

Working...
                                X