No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick peek at Hibernian suggests the bottom has kind of fallen out on the Hibs. The Jambos are holding strong tied in 1st with Celtic, but Celtic has a game in hand.

USMNT needs a coach, it makes no sense to run these young guys out there against really good competition without any clue on how they are supposed to play. The US has some good young players but these are stupid senseless money grabs. It shouldn't take over a year to get a coach.

Comment

• Great games today in the Champions league. Salah and Alison put Liverpool through and Kane scores a late equalizer to get Spurs through.
      Last edited by froot loops; December 11, 2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• So... how do you all think Liverpool is gonna blow it this year? I'm going with being up 6 points with 3 games to play, then losing all three.

Comment

• Comment

• Liverpool might not win the Premier League even if they don't blow it. Man City is really, really good. Any other year the EPL would be sewn up with that record.

But if you are looking for a way for Liverpool to lose, the backline is too thin right now with injuries to Gomez and Alexander-Arnold. Wilfred Zaha was making mincemeat out of them. It will be tough coming up with the Champions League resuming.

pANDs

chemiclord keeps on with this narrative about Liverpool always blowing it when in reality, they have blown it once in recent memory. Their problem hasn't been blowing it, they weren't really competing for the top spot for years.

Comment

• The Magpies just beat CIty. What an important game. They are 5 points clear of the drop and a bad result for Man City. Good job Rafa!

Comment

• It's hard looking at Liverpool's remaining schedule to see a scenario where they blow a 7 point lead (presuming they beat Leicester tomorrow). Beyond a catastrophic injury crisis, the only thing that would concern me is how tight the relegation race is come April. Top dog or not, the last thing you want to do is have to get a result traveling to Southampton, Newcastle and Cardiff for your last 3 road matches when they are all in Defcon 1 mode.

Comment

• After today they have to be the favorite but they have to beat Leicester. That's no given they are Jekyll and Hyde and can beat anyone. Right when Puel looks like he is about to get the Ziggy he gets a big win.

Going to Newcastle will be tougher as they are getting some transfers this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    It's hard looking at Liverpool's remaining schedule to see a scenario where they blow a 7 point lead (presuming they beat Leicester tomorrow). Beyond a catastrophic injury crisis, the only thing that would concern me is how tight the relegation race is come April. Top dog or not, the last thing you want to do is have to get a result traveling to Southampton, Newcastle and Cardiff for your last 3 road matches when they are all in Defcon 1 mode.
                    They've still got Chelsea and Man United, both of whom hate them.

But I agree, it's their title by the looks of it.

Comment

• They will definitely see a different ManU team than they saw when they beat the crap out of them. You know Jose is hate watching them right now.

Comment

• Yeah, as a Chelsea fan Jose manages to brainwash the fanbase into thinking it's all the fault of the players and none of his fault. Until he leaves, a black cloud leaves the club and the players start playing with freedom and attacking relentlessly.

Comment

• The Foxes are the better team tonight, they should be up 3-1. The backline for Liverpool is bad right now.

Comment

• For what it's worth, I just like running with the "How is Liverpool gonna screw it up" narrative because it meshes so loverly with the "How are the Lions gonna screw it up" narrative. I don't have to change mindsets at all. It's very convenient.

Comment

• I told you Leicester was dangerous, that team is good when they are on. Fortunately for Liverpool, James Maddison finished like Dolly Madison yesterday, I don't even know if Dolly Madison played soccer.

I think Liverpool is screwing up if they don't try to get some defender before the transfer window closes. Right now the backline is Swiss cheese, it's basically relying on Virgil and Alison to save the day.

Dragging Liverpool is more like dragging the Cowboys and how they are going to screw it up. As a Lions fan I could only wish they had the success of Liverpool even during the Premier League drought.

Comment

• Still have 11 more games before the finale week of the season, as a fan I'm hoping this table stays tight in each of the areas. Title race, last CL spot, last Europa spot and the relegation battle. Few better 2 hours in sports than Week 38 in the PL when most of the league has it all still to play for - and all kickoff at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X