No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnley living a charmed life. Refs miss the easiest handball call you'll ever see on one end, and 10 seconds later get a penalty of their own to make it 3-0. Now all we need is for Fulham to pull off the Great Escape 2.0.

Comment

• Chelsea, oof

Comment

• Leicester closing in on Brog. Oh man what a mistake.

Comment

• PSG is probably the most elite garbage side of the last decade.

Or is it the most garbage elite side?
          Last edited by chemiclord; March 8, 2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Leicester closing in on Brog. Oh man what a mistake.
            Don't really think it mattered who they got as boss, FL. Their EPL title was a complete fluke based on a collection of players who all clicked into place at a particular time, helped by Spurs at the time choking to teams like Crystal Palace and Burnley. They'll never win it again and they only need a boss who'll maintain mid table mediocrity. I think Rodgers could achieve that with the cash available.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That's true, just not a big fan of the Brodge.

Comment

• I think Man City is going to win the quad

Comment

• Gosh, be careful going out on that limb, buddy.

Comment

• When was the last quad winner? It would be a temendous accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      PSG is probably the most elite garbage side of the last decade.

Or is it the most garbage elite side?
                      The guy on the ESPN show called them "the biggest bottler's in history". I have to defer to Marko69 on what that term "bottler's" actually means - but it didn't sound well the way he emphasized it.

Comment

• PSG isn't helped by playing in that league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

The guy on the ESPN show called them "the biggest bottler's in history". I have to defer to Marko69 on what that term "bottler's" actually means - but it didn't sound well the way he emphasized it.
                          A very good team that regularly gets defeated at crucial moments in tournaments. Example would be Edinburgh teams consistently bottling it to Glasgow teams.

QF DRAW:
                          Ajax v Juve ......., Ajax win
                          Liverpool v Porto ......., Liverpool win
                          Spurs v Man City ......., Man City win
                          Barca v Man Utd ......, Barca win.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Hopefully a good draw for Liverpool. It will be interesting to see how Man U fares. That team shouldn't be able to compete but they have been a surprise since Ole was hired.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Premier League race almost came to a halt with a rare VVD error.

Comment

Working...
                                X