Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marko69
    replied
    Yep. Even Manchester United fans watch Jurgen Klopp post match pressers. Very entertaining. Great manager, great guy and he'll be massively missed.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Huge, depressing news today as Jurgen Klopp announces he is stepping down at the end of the year at Liverpool. He's been there for 9 seasons and he totally turned around their fortunes. As it is this year they are still in line for a quad, top of the table and still in their three cup competitions. He said it's because he is running out of energy to continue to coach a huge club like Liverpool.

If you don't follow soccer and are unfamiliar with Klopp, the closest comparison in an American sport in demeanor is Dan Campbell. Of course Campbell is just starting out and Klopp has been a manager for 24 years so the accomplishments aren't close. But Klopp is known for bringing Heavy Metal Football to the premier league and his players would run through a brick wall for him

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    Laughing at the Aussie Rules play-offs commentary team. Big BT (Brian Taylor) making an analogy and using the soccer. Asks Nate Brown his thoughts. Brown makes a sort of , “Arrrgh” sound.

BT: “Whats that, Browny?”
    Brown: “Aw mate! Cant stand soccer. Its about as boring as a box of rocks mate. Its utter rubbish mate. Dont ask me about the crappy soccer.”

Nate & Panoptes would be best mates!

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    They certainly were played off the park, but...... v Newcastle @ St James. They are actually fancied heavily this season. Quite a few tipping them to go to City and win this weekend. Think we'll get a chance to see what Villa really have to offer this week @ home to the Toffees.

Think they'll still pump Hibs though. A buddy text tonight......, "0-3 @ Easter Road, 5-0 @ Villa Park" ....., he ain't confident.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    After Saturday's performance, I'm not sure they have to get McGinn drunk. That was the NBC game of the week and it was a sports washing masterpiece. The Villains looked awful, they lost Mings for the year and the backline fell apart.

Leave a comment:

• Marko69
    replied
    For the British soccer fans on here; massive couple games coming up, first one on 24th August........, Euro Conference League Qualifier......, Hibernian v Aston Villa.

Another "Battle of Britain" type scenario and as a Hibs fan....., Oh dear God ---->> sort of bricking it slightly. Tie could be over after the first leg @ Easter Road and that would be very embarrassing.

For Froot who keeps a keen eye on the EPL, you'll know ex Hibs player John McGinn plays for Aston Villa now. Tonight after the Hibs v Luzern game in Switzerland, a reporter asked an ex-Hibs player if Hibs had any chance over Aston Villa......., he replies, "If they take John McGinn out the night before and get him really drunk, they may have a chance." Found that quite amusing.​​

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Lalas is never right, he has outlived his usefulness on TV.

Leave a comment:

• Fraquar
    replied
    Lalas is right, but subbing out Morgan probably threw a monkey wrench into that.
    Have to think that any scenario they prepared for had Morgan in it - and she wasn't available.
    Even then they had the exact scenario they wanted - and would gladly take if offered before the game started.
    Chance to put them away and your veteran of 4 WC's on the ball. Any coach would kill for that scenario - and they had it.

It's why I mentioned the 30 for 30 episode. When the entire team sees their Senior leader and free thrown marksmen do the unthinkable, the walls start to close in.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    The funniest thing is before the shootout, Lalas gets on there and says, "shootouts are not luck, they practiced and everything is scripted out." Immediately, the US made him a liar. It s like the lineup was drawn out of a hat. Maybe the dude has never witnessed PKs. It's mostly random chance or a hot goalie psyching people out.

Leave a comment:

• Fraquar
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I think if they played that double pivot that whole tournament, things might have been a little different. Sam Mewes was calling for it after the Dutch game (having her there would helped!). But that Swedish goalkeeper was really good and they blew it in the penalty kicks. I kind of think the penalty kick lineup was crazy.
    I couldn't help but think back to the 30 for 30 episode on the NC State Wolfpack. Whittenberg is describing how the opponent free throw shooter who shoots 90% misses both his free throws. They foul again and the guy they foul is a Freshman. "Oh, he's got no chance....." That was what I was thinking about after Rapinoe missed and I saw Smith come to the line.

After that you just watch and hope. You lost all control after that.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lagoon58
    replied
    It's so weird. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Another gross anti-American post by a Foxbot, take it to the politics thread.

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    At least now that soccer is out of the way for them they can continue on with their brave stand against whatever cause they have to protest for this week. Poor rich girls. I feel terrible for them all.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    I think if they played that double pivot that whole tournament, things might have been a little different. Sam Mewes was calling for it after the Dutch game (having her there would helped!). But that Swedish goalkeeper was really good and they blew it in the penalty kicks. I kind of think the penalty kick lineup was crazy.

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

I can learn you something else, DanO-Boy…….. opening game of the 23/24 season for Hibernian today here in Edinburgh @ Easter Road Stadium ——>> and gubbed 3-2 by Shitty St.Mirren.

Going to be a long-a$$ season because Hibs are CRAP!
    Mon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X