A dumbassed pick of a TE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

They didn't get rich enough to own a NFL team by giving money away to people for the rest of their lives. Why would they start now?

I agree with you. But I also think veterans should be taken care of for the rest of their lives. And it should be mandatory for all Americans to shake their hand and thank them personally. But that's just me.
    I love the military but every service person, or any one of them that never served in a dangerous zone is NOT a hero worth a handshake and high praise. The military needs kitchen and admin help out of danger zones all over the world oo. Those peeps are not heroes, they are simply veterans that also received compensation and great lifetime benefits for their service. As they should. Putting them up on shoulders? Not so much.
    SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

They might have better luck finding a unicorn.
      They just need to look in the unicorn graveyard on mars
      Rebuilding is better than winning. Teams win all the time, but none have been rebuilding for five decades

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

I felt like the whole streak without a 100 yard rusher was interesting, but the wrong focus. The Lions punched in two short yardage TDs against GB and made it look easy. I was more excited about that honestly. That's a bigger deal than getting a single rusher to 100 yards - IMO.

The streak without a 100 yard rusher was significant because it emphasize how thoroughly pathetic the Lion run game was. It would be one thing if they had two decent backs and split the carries where none of them would ever get 100 yards. That wasn't the case with the Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          The sarcasm was rich in that fixed post
          I know right

Comment

I love the military but every service person, or any one of them that never served in a dangerous zone is NOT a hero worth a handshake and high praise. The military needs kitchen and admin help out of danger zones all over the world oo. Those peeps are not heroes, they are simply veterans that also received compensation and great lifetime benefits for their service. As they should. Putting them up on shoulders? Not so much.
            Less than 10% of the military is at the point end stick. There is a tremendous amount of tail required to generate legality. When the Air Force deploys a squadron of 12 fighters, there is typically 32 various cargo aircraft associated with it, that is assuming the airfield is already operational. But with that said, typically there are more combat deaths in the ranks of the support people than there are in the combat ranks. Most of the IED issues we were dealing with in Iraq, were focused on the convoys delivering fuel and supplies. One of the most dangerous jobs in the military is the combat engineer, the dudes building and keeping roads open.
            Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Get the fucking military worship out of the football threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                Get the fucking military worship out of the football threads.
                Can we worship cheerleaders? I like cheerleaders. Cheerleaders are part of football, no?

BTW, why no threads about the cheerleaders?
                Rebuilding is better than winning. Teams win all the time, but none have been rebuilding for five decades

Comment

• Originally posted by gibby View Post

BTW, why no threads about the cheerleaders?
                  Now that is a fair question since we actually have a squad.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Now that is a fair question since we actually have a squad.
                    https://www.detroitlions.com/photos/...s-cheer-photos

because it's necessary

Comment

• Do it to it Gibby. Start the thread bro.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Is Ebron doing all that well, though? I'd argue a good part of the reason the Colts are 1-4 is because Luck is forcing the ball to Ebron for less return than he should be getting out of arguably a team's primary receiver.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...E/EbroEr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2018.htm

His splits aren't actually much better (and some are worse) than his time in Detroit. I'd contend his overall numbers are better because he's already gotten half of his usual targets in a fourth as many games. His performance is actually dragging the Colts down.

Because he's a bust. Always was, always is, and always will be.
                        Come on hyperbole king, he isn't even close to being a bust. There are plenty of busts in the first round. Ebron is still playing, and will probably be in the league 4-5 more years. Anyone having a 8 year career as a starter in the NFL isn't a bust. All you have to do is look at the number two overall pick in Ebron's draft year to find a 'bust'.

The guy is having a pretty good go of it right now ... just like he did the second half of last year. Why make things more difficult than they need to be. He's a talented TE who was never gonna thrive in Detroit because of his draft position and the fact the team missed out on some pro-bowl level talent by selecting him.

He's in his 5th season in the NFL. That's the prime of his career. Of course he should be playing better than he did as a first or second year player regardless of who his QB is.

Forever One!

Comment

• I see right through the two QB defenders all day long.

The effin bum has 5 TD's in 5 games in Indy under a new QB and scheme while only gathering 10 receiving TD's in 4 FULL SEASONS under the same QB that could not make him better.

Remember, eBroni was going to be a huge redzone upgrade for the Lions scheme.

Ummm, not so much but exactly that in Indy.
                          SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

You go and serve where you're ordered. Support staff in hostile territory is in danger too. The enemy doesn't care and would kill and celebrate their death as much as a Ranger.

You sign up, you deserve praise for offering your life for your country. That's my deal. Everyone can have their own level. That's what makes freedom fun.

You would be surprised how many (usually Vietnam Vets) cry because they say no one ever says thanks to them.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                              Get the fucking military worship out of the football threads.
                              My bad. I got on my soap box.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

I see right through the two QB defenders all day long.

The effin bum has 5 TD's in 5 games in Indy under a new QB and scheme while only gathering 10 receiving TD's in 4 FULL SEASONS under the same QB that could not make him better.

Remember, eBroni was going to be a huge redzone upgrade for the Lions scheme.

Ummm, not so much but exactly that in Indy.
                                Are you guys going to make Deb close this thread too?

Comment

Working...
                                X