Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer for JPP, he had to have a right index finger amputated due to his firework mishap.

He'll be back on the field again soon though. Could have been worse.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/n...001045451.html

Like with this Darwin award winning idiot from Maine:

Maine man dies after launching fireworks from his head

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...from-his-head/
    SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      The legal drinking age is lower in Florida
      Nope, drinking age was raised to 21 in 1985.
      Last edited by foxhopper; July 9th, 2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
        Nope, drinking age was raised to 21 in 1985.
        Okay
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Chiefs RB Jamaal Charlesbest days might be behind him.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I agree!

J.J. Watt voted best player in the NFL

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 9, 2015, 5:35 AM EDT
            Getty Images For the first time in NFL Network’s annual ranking of the Top 100 players in the league, a defensive player has come out on top.
            Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt was voted the best player in the NFL on the Top 100 list, which is voted upon by NFL players.
            “I’m obviously extremely humbled. It’s incredible. I’m so fortunate. It always means a lot more when it comes from the guys around the league, the guys that play the game and guys you respect. Obviously it means a whole lot for a defensive guy to break into the top spot. I’m very grateful,” Watt said.
            Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers came in second, followed by Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch and Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.

Comment

• Has anyone saw this show?

NFL surveys fans about Ballers

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
              Getty Images The NFL has said nothing publicly about HBO’s Ballers, a fictional series that uses the names and logos of NFL teams without permission, most prominently the Dolphins. But the while the NFL isn’t saying how it feels about the show, the NFL wants to know how fans feel about the show.
              The NFL has submitted several survey questions to fans about Ballers via the NFLFanHuddle.com service.
              “We regularly survey fans to get their perspective on a variety of topics,” a league spokesman told PFT in confirming the information conveyed to a PFT reader about the survey.
              The league has not yet responded to a request for the specific questions asked of NFL fans. If any of you have screen shots of the questions, send them along.
              It’s safe to say that the NFL won’t remain silent about Ballers indefinitely. For now, conventional wisdom is that the league will remain silent unless and until the show is picked up for a second season.

Comment

Has anyone saw this show?

NFL surveys fans about Ballers

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
                Getty Images The NFL has said nothing publicly about HBO’s Ballers, a fictional series that uses the names and logos of NFL teams without permission, most prominently the Dolphins. But the while the NFL isn’t saying how it feels about the show, the NFL wants to know how fans feel about the show.
                The NFL has submitted several survey questions to fans about Ballers via the NFLFanHuddle.com service.
                “We regularly survey fans to get their perspective on a variety of topics,” a league spokesman told PFT in confirming the information conveyed to a PFT reader about the survey.
                The league has not yet responded to a request for the specific questions asked of NFL fans. If any of you have screen shots of the questions, send them along.
                It’s safe to say that the NFL won’t remain silent about Ballers indefinitely. For now, conventional wisdom is that the league will remain silent unless and until the show is picked up for a second season.
                I watched a few minutes of the show and it was terrible (which is odd for HBO). I don't think the NFL needs to concern itself too much over this as I think the show will be gone soon.
                Last edited by FanFromCali; July 11th, 2015, 04:24 PM.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

• I've been watching it. It hasn't been that compelling so far. The NFL will probably kill it, if it even gets renewed. Lots of sex, drugs, and locker room shenanigans.
                  Dogs rule.

Comment

I agree!

J.J. Watt voted best player in the NFLJ.J. WattAaron Rodgers came in second, followed by Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch and Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.
                    What Suh does not make that list with his contract? Imagine that!
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Lol. If this is true I may have to look for another AFC team. I couldn't (hahahaha) have 2 teams matching up in the playoffs. With the Lions in the NFC and the Raiders in the AFC I felt pretty safe. {This whole paragraph is hilarious}
                      @ProFootballTalk If SD and OAK share a stadium, can they both stay in the AFC West?
                      — Durangobm (@Durangobm) [ame="https://twitter.com/Durangobm/status/618427022981771265"]July 7, 2015[/ame]
                      Shortly after the Raiders and Chargers announced their intent to build a shared stadium in Carson, PFT reported that one of them would change conferences, if the plan becomes a reality.
                      The early thinking pegged the Raiders for the move, with either the Rams or Cardinals jumping to the AFC West.
                      The Seahawks spent 1977 through 2001 in the AFC West. Keeping them in the NFC West and moving the Raiders there would create a potentially intriguing twice-per-year round-robin rivalry among the Raiders, 49ers, and Seahawks.

Comment

• @ProFootballTalk Do you ever see the NFL having no salary cap, like baseball?
                        — Jay (@RedskinsCult) [ame="https://twitter.com/RedskinsCult/status/618403658175225856"]July 7, 2015[/ame]
                        The NFL already didn’t have a salary cap, for a year. Sort of. The labor deals that instituted the salary cap made the final year uncapped in order to create an incentive to extend the contract before it expired. Before 2010, the labor deals never got to the final year.
                        In 2010, the labor deal did, and the cap went away. With express (and implied) exceptions.
                        The cap is now back, and it’s unlikely that the NFL and the NFL Players Association ever would agree to get rid of it permanently. Without it, a small handful of owners would overspend on players in an effort buy to championships, throwing the league out of its current competitive balance.

“You wouldn’t want to see the size of the check that I would write if it would for sure get the Dallas Cowboys a Super Bowl,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said last year.
                        We’ll never see it, because he won’t ever have the chance to do it.

Comment

I'm sure this is why we didn't get that pass interference call or all the holding calls during our playoff games against the cowgirls. Suh was getting mugged the whole second half
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This really belongs under the Joke thread.

NFL on ESPNVerified account ‏@ESPNNFL

Bengals WR A.J. Green: "I can wait until the end of the year to get a contract," STORY: http://es.pn/1UFG55C
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• 10% Discount on JPP Gloves at NFL.com!!
                              Attached Files
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                I'm sure this is why we didn't get that pass interference call or all the holding calls during our playoff games against the cowgirls. Suh was getting mugged the whole second half

Indeed
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X