NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    America in a nutshell. No one wants to take personal responsibility.

The players love the lifestyle and accolades knowing damn well their bodies were their chosen tool.

Lumberjacks cut off appendages and even whole limbs at times. But they do what they do because that's what they do.

I have zero empathy for any of the principles in this cte situation.
    Yeah, we already know you're a worthless piece of human shit. We expect no less from you.

Comment

• Stay classy up on that cross Chemic!

Last edited by Panoptes; April 13th, 2016, 09:43 PM.
      SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• He did choose to walk/retire because the Jets weren't going to pay him full salary.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        In Quinn We Trust??

Comment

• The concussion movie started him thinking and once retirement thoughts creep in, they are half way checked out already.

Thats why he was keeping the team in the loop on his retirement thoughts.

Comment

• New information can prompt new thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              So, they should have just figured that by playing football, there was a chance they'd be so mentally damaged that they'd decide blowing out their chest with a firearm in their mid-40's was a good idea?

And when you try to pin ANY responsibility for this on the players while their employers ACTIVELY AND WILLINGLY withheld that information from them... yeah you're apologizing for the NFL.

And you're also a sociopath who values his fucking entertainment more than human lives. You're so fucking scared that this will ruin the game for you on Sundays that you've lost basic human empathy.

Get fucked sideways with pipe wrench, dickhead.
              Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
              Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
              Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
              Oh Lord, kumbaya*
              Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

Yeah, we already know you're a worthless piece of human shit. We expect no less from you.
                What an asshole!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                  Don't think future has posted today .... he must still be in absolute terror watching the Jet's move quickly to scoop up Ryan Clady & a 7th rounder in exchange of a 5th rounder.

Money isn't important in the NFL? The Broncos just traded away an All-pro LT for a 5th round draft pick. Why?
                  No and no. Don't post much on the weekend. Clady's pay is too rich for Quinn. Never an option. So meh. It does assure NYJ don't leap frog us for a LT though. So meh
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

So, they should have just figured that by playing football, there was a chance they'd be so mentally damaged that they'd decide blowing out their chest with a firearm in their mid-40's was a good idea?

And when you try to pin ANY responsibility for this on the players while their employers ACTIVELY AND WILLINGLY withheld that information from them... yeah you're apologizing for the NFL.

And you're also a sociopath who values his fucking entertainment more than human lives. You're so fucking scared that this will ruin the game for you on Sundays that you've lost basic human empathy.

Get fucked sideways with pipe wrench, dickhead.
                    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Whoa.:-o Went a little hard and rough on em dude. Remind me to not tick you off. Lol

Uh Chemi, I fully agree with you on everything here and forever. Lol:D
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• NFLPA loses personal conduct policy grievance

4/11/2016 10:57:35 AM

An arbitrator has ruled against the NFL Players Association in its grievance, filed more than a year ago, that the league's personal conduct policy implemented in late 2014 violated terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, ESPN reports.

The union had challenged the authority granted to commissioner Roger Goodell to make wide-ranging decisions on discipline, as well as the NFL's use of paid leave and its use of the Commissioner Exempt List in disciplining players accused of being in violation of the personal conduct policy.

The NFL maintained that the commissioner's authority to discipline players for conduct detrimental to the league has been a part of every CBA negotiated by the league and NFLPA. The league said the use of paid leave was not a form of discipline but rather part of a longstanding practice of the commissioner to address allegations of violence and serious criminal behavior on a temporary basis while an investigation is under way.

Arbitrator Jonathan B. Marks encouraged the sides to reach a settlement on the matter, but those talks broke off two weeks ago. In his 54-page decision, Marks backed up the commissioner's authority as well as the use of paid leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Stay classy up on that cross Chemic!
                        I got a good chuckle out of that one.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Montee Ball arrested for felony bail jumping

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 11, 2016, 3:10 PM EDT
                          Getty ImagesFormer running back Montee Ball, who is facing charges for two separate domestic violence accusations made by two different women, is now accused of violating his bail.
                          Wisconsin television station WKOW reports that Ball was taken into custody at 9:25 Saturday night in Whitewater, Wisconsin, on a felony bail jumping violation.
                          According to the report, police were called and informed that Ball was in a bar drinking alcohol despite having bond conditions not to consume alcohol and not to be in a bar. Although Ball was not at the bar when police arrived, they were able to track him down, and he had an odor of alcohol on his breath. Ball refused blood-alcohol tests, but police obtained a search warrant to draw his blood.
                          Ball’s next scheduled court appearance is Tuesday afternoon.
                          The 25-year-old Ball was a 2013 second-round pick out of Wisconsin, where he set an NCAA record for career touchdowns. He played two seasons in Denver and then briefly spent time on the Patriots’ practice squad.

Comment

• Lol. You just can't make this up!

Report: Johnny Manziel actually living with Josh Gordon

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 11, 2016, 2:51 PM EDT
                            Getty ImagesJohnny Manziel is living with an NFL player who knows something about being suspended, but it apparently isn’t Von Miller.
                            Despite Manziel claiming that he was staying with the Super Bowl MVP, his roommate actually isn’t in the league at the moment.
                            According to ESPN, the former Browns quarterback is staying in an apartment with suspended Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon.
                            If he’s being honest with himself, Gordon would probably prefer to not have Manziel’s name associated with his, at a time when Gordon’s trying to get reinstated from his own year-long suspension for multiple violations of the substance abuse program.
                            After he told a TMZ cameraman last weekend he was living with Miller, Manziel said: “We’re getting our lives together, bro.”
                            Miller has bounced back from a six-game suspension for violating the league’s drug policy in 2013, and has gotten his together nicely.
                            Both Gordon and Manziel could benefit from that kind of example, even though they’re not under the same roof. And while TMZ would happily oblige, there should be cameras in that apartment, for the inevitable reality show.

Comment

• Make the picks already...

Beckham, Gilmore go back and forth on social media

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2016, 12:51 PM EDT
                              APEleven weeks before Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. blew a gasket against the Panthers, he nearly did the same thing against the Bills. More recently, Beckham and Buffalo cornerback Stephon Gilmore opted to blow a gasket social media style, trading insults on Instagram.
                              According to Tyler Dunne of the Buffalo News, Beckham posted a photo of himself catching a ball against Gilmore, who held Beckham to five catches on 38 yards, with the message, “It ain’t a moment till u make it.”
                              Gilmore then responded, with a photo of Beckham failing to make a catch against Beckham, with the same message: “It ain’t a moment until you make it.”
                              Beckman responded by saying, “Without a response from me u really fail to exist… #irrelevant.”
                              Said Gilmore next, “Come see me when you can get off the press #JammedUp #MorePunchesThanReceptions.”
                              The friction comes as no surprise, given Gilmore’s comments about Beckham after the game.
                              “I don’t know what’s up with him,” Gilmore said at the time, via Dunne. “He acts like nobody’s supposed to hit him and you’re supposed to let him catch the ball. He’s weird. He gets mad when you play physical with him. He’s weird.”
                              It’s a sentiment plenty of defensive backs have expressed about Beckham, in part because they know it gets his goat. Gilmore will have a chance to get Beckham’s goat once again in the second week of the preseason, when the Bills and Giants next get together.

Comment

• Awwwwww... He even brung a lunch. Hahahaha (JK PETA people)

Ndamukong Suh shows up for the first day of Dolphins program

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 11, 2016, 11:28 AM EDT
                                Getty ImagesThe Dolphins opened their first offseason program under new head coach Adam Gase today, and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was present.
                                That’s not necessarily big news, as he showed up for the first day of Joe Philbin’s last year too, before retreating to Oregon to train on his own.
                                But according to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Suh has made sure to take some of South Florida with him when he returns to the Pacific Northwest.
                                While working out at the Nike facility in Oregon, Suh trains in an environment designed to replicate what he’d find in Miami (i.e. hot and humid instead of just humid). Dolphins executive Mike Tannenbaum went to see the set-up himself last year, after Suh was signed to a $114 million contract. The defensive tackle is apparently hooked to a number of diagnostic machines while he trains, all Steve Austin-style (The 6 Million Dollar Man, not Stone Cold, in case you’re not as old as I am).
                                For the Dolphins, the important thing is that he trains, and makes an impact. He’s always kept himself in good shape (even when he got on the Lions’ nerves for not showing up during the offseason), but the Dolphins will be counting on him being a bigger part of the defense this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X