Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Goodell signs contract extension as NFL commissioner
    Year Steve Yzerman entered the NHL - 1983
    It wasn't until 14 years later that he got that trophy.

Comment

• Fucking Mulbach!

Comment

• Where can I find an organization that pays me $200 million to ruin it? I can do that job.

Comment

• ESPN has an article about the 1997 Heisman class and this picture:

One of these is not like the others ...

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
            Where can I find an organization that pays me $200 million to ruin it? I can do that job.
            Hell, I'll do it for a quarter of that!!!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
            AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

• Report: Jets done with Muhammad Wilkerson after this season
              Posted by Darin Gantt on December 7, 2017, 6:15 AM EST

Getty Images
              The Jets are apparently fed up with Muhammad Wilkerson‘s act, beyond the quarter-long benching last week for being late.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, a team source said “He’s gone,” after last week’s last straw.

While he’s capable of great play, he’s also on the kind of contract for which that’s expected on a regular basis.

He’s two years into the five-year, $86 million contract he signed in 2016, which contained $36.75 million in guarantees. The team was willing to listen to trade offers for him last offseason (a fairly quick case of buyer’s remorse), and may not be able to move his deal without restructuring.

If they cut him before the third day of the league year in March, they could avoid guaranteeing his 2018 salary of $16.75 million. If they did so, they’d take a $9 million dead money hit but clear $11 million in cap room. If they designated him a post-June 1 cut, they’d clear $17 million in room with a $3 million dead money hit.

Wilkerson refused to discuss his play this year or his future with the team, insisting he’d only answer questions about this week’s game against the Broncos. Perhaps he can read the writing on the wall. And perhaps he doesn’t mind what it says.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Here's proof positive why the Lions have sucked for so long...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-half-measure/

Browns opt for a half measure
                Posted by Mike Florio on December 7, 2017, 11:15 AM EST

Half measures never work.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-half-measure/

Browns opt for a half measure
                  Posted by Mike Florio on December 7, 2017, 11:15 AM EST

Half measures never work.

It’s a lesson that was once communicated persuasively by Michael J. Ehrmantraut. And it’s a lesson that has been lost to date on ownership of the Cleveland Browns.

By firing executive V.P. of football operations Sashi Brown and committing to the 2018 return of coach Hue Jackson (who still may join Rod Marinelli as the charter members of Club Oh-And-Sixteen), Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam have opted for a half measure, forcing the next person to run the football operation to work with Jackson for a year, even if that person would prefer to hire his own head coach.

That’s how it always works. G.M. wants his own coach. Coach wants his own quarterback. But whoever the Browns now hire as G.M. (or whatever title they give the next person) will be stuck with Jackson, for at least another year.

That necessarily will make it harder for the Browns to hire the best possible candidate, because the best possible candidate will opt for a team where the best possible candidate can hire his own head coach. It’s a point recently made here regarding what the Browns need to do. And, of course, they haven’t done it.

Chances are that they already know who they’ll hire, and that they know that the person they’ll hire is fine with Hue Jackson for at least a year (or, at a minimum, that the person they’ll hire claims he’s fine with Hue Jackson for at least a year). Browns fans should hope that’s the case, because that’s the only reasonable way out of the most recent maze of mirrors into which ownership has willingly placed itself.

It also meshes with the PFT report from October that the Browns had begun reaching out to football executives. Sure, they denied it. But they were doing it, and they presumably now know who they’ll be hiring, eventually.

If they don’t, and if they’re truly starting from scratch with a plan to hire someone who will have no choice but to work with Hue Jackson, Browns fans should get ready for more of the same in 2018.

Then again, maybe they should get ready for more of the same in 2018, anyway.

Sound familiar?
                  Rumor has it they want Dorsey...that shit isn't going to fly with him.

But they also have the unique situation where they have like 87 draft picks in the next few drafts....that will be enticing to an would-be GM
                  Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; December 7th, 2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• IIRC, Reid was hired by KC before Dorsey. They worked together before so he went for the non traditional GM hiring process.
                    SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      IIRC, Reid was hired by KC before Dorsey. They worked together before so he went for the non traditional GM hiring process.
                      No...that's right. I was confusing Dorsey with someone else (Pioli I think)

Comment

• Brad Childress-HC/OC/QBC/QC could also be available this off season.

Comment

• Maybe the Chiefs can hire him.

Comment

• Hue Jackson is off the table. The Browns ain't letting a good thing go!

Hey, anybody on here that can throw a ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Maybe the Chiefs can hire him.
                              I wouldn't mind. He's already the Assistant HC next to Reid

Comment

• Assistant to the HC.

Comment

Working...
                                X