Announcement

Collapse

Please support the forum

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold and the commission increases based on the number of items sold in a month. (So even buying a 99 cent MP3 helps!) Bonus this year: Amazon has announced FREE SHIPPING through the holidays!!

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. If you create a wedding or baby registry, the forum earns $3. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Thank you for your support and happy holidays!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    These idiots better start acting right. This is out of control
    Mannnn! Did you see the face of the woman McCoy is accused of attacking? Google it. It is NSFW. Very graphic. He may be done.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dave Gettleman: Sam Beal a talented young player with “ability to ascend”
      Posted by Josh Alper on July 11, 2018, 3:47 PM EDT

The Giants became the first team to make a pick in this year’s supplemental draft when they nabbed cornerback Sam Beal in the third round on Wednesday.

That decision leaves the Giants without their third-round pick in next year’s draft and General Manager Dave Gettleman said in a statement that it came after “very thorough conversation” in the team’s offices on Tuesday. Gettleman also talked about what drew them to Beal, who left Western Michigan after being declared academically ineligible for the coming season.

“He’s long, he’s very athletic for a corner, he has all the physical skills, he can carry the vertical, he has very good play speed, he shows instincts out there, he has ball awareness, he doesn’t panic when the ball is thrown at his guy, and he is a very willing tackler. We just feel it gives us a really talented young kid with the ability to ascend,” Gettleman said.

Beal will try to make up for lost time in camp in order to gain playing time in a cornerback group that includes Eli Apple, Janoris Jenkins, William Gay, Curtis Riley, Chris Lewis-Harris, B.W. Webb and Teddy Williams. It no longer includes Kenneth Durden, who was waived with Beal joining the team.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Victim told police LeSean McCoy may have “set her up”
        Posted by Darin Gantt on July 12, 2018, 3:13 PM EDT

The former girlfriend of LeSean McCoy told police she thought the Bills running back “set her up” for Tuesday’s home invasion, beating and robbery.

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, the event report released by police in Milton, Ga., includes a notation from 10 minutes after Delicia Cordon’s first call to police that makes her allegation against McCoy clear.

“The caller poss[ibly] thinks her ex boyfriend poss[ibly] set her up,” the report logged at 3:28 a.m. Tuesday reads

Cordon was attacked during what police described as a “targeted” home invasion, where she was beaten and items were taken from her.

The report identified the suspect as being a black male of unknown age, who was wearing a mask and dressed in all black.

While the event report doesn’t list Cordon by name, her attorney said in a statement Tuesday she was beaten in the head with a firearm and suffered wrist injuries when the intruder attempted to remove jewelry from her wrist.

McCoy was in Florida training at the time of the attack, and has denied any involvement in the attack. He has retained high-profile counsel. The league and the Bills are investigating the situation independently.

Comment

• Where is OJ these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Mannnn! Did you see the face of the woman McCoy is accused of attacking? Google it. It is NSFW. Very graphic. He may be done.
            It’s terrible
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

31.. I’m pretty sure Dallas is exempt from that
              What, have you forgotten how the refs clearly screwed Dez Bryant's obvious catch because they wanted Green Bay to advance to the NFC Championship Game in 2014? Cowboys fans were CERTAIN the NFL was trying to put Jerruh in his place and keep the Cowboys down.

Comment

• It’s called selective memory.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Adam Jones - DB - Free Agent

Free agent CB Adam Jones was involved in a fight at the Atlanta airport Tuesday evening.

An airport employee "made a gesture toward Jones" and the two were then throwing punches at each other before Jones landed the knockout blow. The employee was later arrested for instigating the fight. Jones is facing no discipline. The 34-year-old corner remains a free agent and has drawn no known interest.

Source: TMZ Sports
                  Jul 11 - 12:54 PM

​​​​​​Like I always said, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. See fight video @

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190000995.html
                  Last edited by Panoptes; July 13th, 2018, 08:47 AM.
                  SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

It’s terrible
                    Yeah man. But I guess he was in Florida (she's in Georgia I believe) at the time. She says she was set up because the guy specifically only wanted all the things McCoy had given her over their time together.

Comment

• Sure seems like that Shady sucks at covering his tracks.
                      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• I’m not sure why he thought that would be a good idea assuming he’s behind it
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Truth or Bitterness?

Ben McAdoo doesn’t think much of the Giants’ tackles
                          Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2018, 12:01 AM EDT

Getty Images
                          Former Giants coach Ben McAdoo didn’t have anything to say for months. Now, he has plenty to say.

As it relates to the team’s new left tackle and new right (former left) tackle, McAdoo isn’t all that impressed.

Via the New York Post, McAdoo offered faint praise as to the arrival of Nate Solder.

“Getting a left tackle in there will help them in a lot of ways,” McAdoo said regarding the free-agent acquisition. “I don’t think he’s a very good player, but I think it will help them in a lot of ways where they needed help in that room in the past and they haven’t had anyone to do that.”

McAdoo thinks even less of Ereck Flowers, the former starter on the left side who seems to be on track to start on the right side.

“He can’t bend, you got to be able to bend,” McAdoo said regarding Flowers. “You can run around him on [the right] side just like you can on the other side
                          , Eli just gets to see it, which may help Eli. It’s not the blind side, it’s in his vision, so if he’s comfortable with what’s going on over on the left side, it can help him move in the pocket a little bit better.”

Manning and the rest of the offense will need to play a lot better if the Giants hope to have a better outcome than the one that got McAdoo fired.

Comment

• Will the Lions give Ziggy a longterm contract? We should know by the end of today

Avoiding another deadline snafu on franchise tag deadline day
                            Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2018, 11:08 AM EDT

Whether it’s the restructuring of the Elvis Dumervil contract in Denver or the failed Browns-Bengals trade for AJ McCarron, the deadline-driven NFL requires certain i’s to be dotted and t’s to be crossed before deals are done.

As to the franchise-tagged players who will (or won’t) have long-term deals before Monday’s 4:00 p.m. ET deadline, their teams and their agents need to keep one important fact in mind: It’s not enough to simply reach an agreement by then.

Last week, the league office sent a memo to all teams reminding them of the logistics associated with finalizing long-term contracts before the looming deadline. Per a source with knowledge of the memo, the following items must be submitted to the league office before 4:00 p.m. ET: (1) a formal message reporting the signing; (2) an ECRS form (whatever that is); and (3) a .pdf or fax copy of the contract signed by both the club and player.

So be advised, agents and teams. Your effort to work out a long-term deal must allow for enough time to get these various things done before that multi-year carriage becomes a one-year pumpkin.

Comment

• Other "Patriot way" news...

Malcolm Butler sees some Belichick in Mike Vrabel
                              Posted by Darin Gantt on July 16, 2018, 8:07 AM EDT

It’s probably not an overstatement to say that Malcolm Butler is a Titan this year because of Bill Belichick.

What’s a bit surprising is how excited he is that his new coach so resembles his old one.

Butler slipped off the Tennessee on a lucrative free agent deal (five years, $61 million), after he spent the Super Bowl in Belichick’s doghouse watching Nick Foles strafe the Patriots defense. But he had nothing but praise for Titans rookie coach Mike Vrabel, who played for Belichick eight years and is well-versed in the Patriot way.

“It’s the Patriots system, one of the greatest systems in the NFL,” Butler said, via Robert Klemko of SI.com. “You can tell Mike played for Belichick because you can see some of the similarities. They’re about winning the way New England is about winning.

“One thing I saw early: Mike will put you on blast. He don’t care who’s around. He’s going to say what’s right. He might be a bit looser than Bill Belichick, but they’re both great guys. A man caught a ball on me—honestly I don’t know his name yet—but Mike let me hear about it. ‘Don’t get stuck on top of the routes like that! Make a play!’ Nobody cares where you come from or what you make. Everyone’s equal. And you can tell from the head coach all the way down to the interns, everybody wants to win.”

While that kind of egalitarianism might have hastened his departure from New England, Butler sounds excited about his fresh start (and doubtless the money that goes with it).

Comment

• Report: Steelers offered Bell 5 years, $70M
                                NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers offered Le'Veon Bell a five-year, $70 million contract prior to Monday's 4 PM ET deadline.

Per RapSheet, the offer contained more than $30 million over the first two years, but Bell has opted to instead play on the $14.544 million tag for the second straight year before hitting free agency at 27 years old next March. The $14 million average on the Steelers' offer would easily make Bell the league's highest-paid back, an honor held at the moment by Devonta Freeman at $8.25 million per year. It's hard to see Bell doing better than this next offseason, but we'll see.
                                Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jul 16 - 6:57 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X