Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah....but they don't make those huge paychecks because they are curing cancer or writing algorithms.

When it comes to brains.....they are working to make the game safer.....when it comes to knees and hips, take the hazard pay and get back out there.

Comment

• Pretty sure they know enough about the knee that they could make the determination whether there was structural damage that they needed to shut him down or not. Players in every sport play through those injuries that hurt like hell but playing on it isn't going to make it any worse - just need time after that to heal. Sure, in other positions that player would have been shut down immediately as he simply couldn't perform his job. The QB however really doesn't have to do much running around to be deadly effective.

Comment

• With as big as the opioid problem is in this country, WE have no problem with the drug use right in front of our faces?

/rhetorical question

Btw, I do. The effin Pack most certainly would have lost if they didn't get their doped up starter back on the field.

Honestly, I don't care about the injuries. It's their health. It's the blatant use of type 1 drugs with a big old OK from everyone involved.
        SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          Pretty sure they know enough about the knee that they could make the determination whether there was structural damage that they needed to shut him down or not. Players in every sport play through those injuries that hurt like hell but playing on it isn't going to make it any worse - just need time after that to heal. Sure, in other positions that player would have been shut down immediately as he simply couldn't perform his job. The QB however really doesn't have to do much running around to be deadly effective.
          Do do need strength in their legs to make throws.

If they gave him anything, most likely it was codeine. Keep in mind they do not want to make him pain free, that only makes further injury more likely - you need to know when you are being hurt.
          Last edited by dwt1; September 10th, 2018, 10:15 AM.
          Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            With as big as the opioid problem is in this country, WE have no problem with the drug use right in front of our faces?

/rhetorical question

Btw, I do. The effin Pack most certainly would have lost if they didn't get their doped up starter back on the field.

Honestly, I don't care about the injuries. It's their health. It's the blatant use of type 1 drugs with a big old OK from everyone involved.

Im with you Gonz. Opioids are only the tip of the iceberg with the pill addictions in the US. Something has to change but people don’t seem to care until the rest of their body starts breaking down due to the side effects those pills cause.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
              That NE v Hou game is pretty entertaining for a week 1 game. That NE defense doesn't look anything like the one Patricia was running last year, they are all over Watson like stink on shit in this 1st half.
              Watson only has two receivers that can get open and can actually catch the ball when it hits their hands. And one (Will Fuller) was hurt so the Pats (smartly so) just doubled Hopkins and dared anyone else to get open and catch it. They were sending 5-6 guys on most plays. And no one could get open. Even when someone did they usually dropped the ball or didn't even try for it.

Their coach had a Caldwellian moment in the first half when he should have called a time out to give the refs an opportunity to review a Gronk catch that wasn't. He sat on his hands and let NE run another play. Negating any opportunity for review. At half-time he said he was disappointed that the refs didn't review it. Lol. Dude you should have called a timeout FOR them to review it. HOU ended the half giving up a TD to NE and 3 unused time-outs. Just dumb.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Houston’s OL sucks balls although they amassed a decent rushing total yesterday
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Bill O’Brien: In hindsight, I should have called timeout to see if Gronk catch was reviewed

Posted by Josh Alper on September 10, 2018, 1:15 PM EDT

Getty Images

After Sunday’s loss to the Patriots, Texans head coach Bill O’Brien was asked why he did not call a timeout after what appeared to be a questionable catch by Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski in the final two minutes of the first half.

O’Brien could not challenge at that point, but a timeout would have given replay officials time to initiate a review. O’Brien said after the game that “it’s not my job to do that” and the review process that should have taken place did not begin before the Patriots ran another play.

O’Brien revisited the question of not calling a timeout on Monday. He said his answer on Sunday should have made it clearer that not calling a timeout was based on what he heard from coaches watching the play on video, although he admitted with “hindsight being 20-20 … surely I would have taken a timeout to see if they would at least buzz down to take a look at the play.”

He added that he thought it was a catch.

“On the coaches’ film, I really do,” O’Brien said, via Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle. “He went up, he caught it, he kept both hands underneath it. Now, relative to some TV angles and other video angles that I’ve seen, maybe it was questionable. But from the coaches’ vantage point on the coaches’ tape, it looked like a catch to me. … So I just felt like that was a catch and the clock was running and I felt like I did not want to take a timeout there. I felt like we could still hold them to a field goal in that situation.”

The Patriots scored a touchdown to go up 21-3 before the half. The Texans would rally in the final 30 minutes, but wound up on the wrong end of a 27-20 final score.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• In hindsight, its OK to question the NFL script you're supposed to follow.

Fraud

Comment

• One of the things I noticed so far is that some squads, while in such a darn need to treat their plays like they're a national security secret, didn't execute them so well.

Guess it worked. On themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        One of the things I noticed so far is that some squads, while in such a darn need to treat their plays like they're a national security secret, didn't execute them so well.

Guess it worked. On themselves.
                        Maybe that was the secret.
                        Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• BTW, am I the only one that wanted the Bears to actually throw it to OT C Leno when he was out wide? That's an OL dream.

Comment

• The NFL named Kansas City Chiefsquarterback Patrick Mahomes as the AFC Offensive Player of the Weekon Wednesday.

Mahomes — playing in only his second NFL game, and his first as the team’s starter — threw for 256 yards with four touchdowns, and also gained 21 yards on the ground in four carries during the Chiefs 38-28 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. Mahomes’ passer rating of 127.5 was fourth best in the league — and tops in the AFC — in Week 1.

*This kid is just getting started but already showing HE can read a defense as good, if not better than some 10 year vets. As I've previously noted. He'll have his down games for sure, maybe even next week against PIT, but I like his ceiling a lot more than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              BTW, am I the only one that wanted the Bears to actually throw it to OT C Leno when he was out wide? That's an OL dream.
                              Had Trubisky thrown to the WR behind that alignment, he might still be running today.

Comment

• Re: Rodgers knee. I believe they usually do a local injection of cortisone or something like that if it's determined that there's no structural damage, so you can play through a sprain.

The painkiller thing comes in during resting hours, and I agree, opioids are horrible. Rodgers just said in an interview today that he's avoiding pain medicine and nursing his sprain, fwiw.

Comment

Working...
                                X