Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't fault O'Brien, if anything is close they are supposed to review it. Sure he could have called a timeout but he shouldn't be in that position. If they are that incompetent then let the coaches challenge under two minutes, don't make them rely on an unneeded timeout in hopes that they will review a play they refuse to just review.

Comment

• Someone check the suicide hotline. When Jaadam finds out that Oakland signed Jonathan Hankins he might be a bit distraught.
      Last edited by Malto Marko; September 12th, 2018, 11:10 PM.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
        Re: Rodgers just said in an interview today that he's avoiding pain medicine and nursing his sprain, fwiw.
        Ok, Farve never admitted the drug addiction until the end.

Cortisone shots to hide the injury pain is still a hypocritical way of the NFL "caring about a players health." Do they or do they not care about a players health? I never believed for a minute they did or will.

Just as they've shown, quite recently mind you, they'll just throw more money (they removed the injured capped amount on the settlement deal) at the injured, out of the game players and move forward, pretending to care about said players.

Again, I don't give a puck about the players health. They chose their profession. I also don't really care how the ownership just buys everyone's ok.

What I don't appreciate is the straight faced bullshit lies from the NFL about all their concern. Rule changes fronting as concern for players while on the back end buying off the loyalty of injured players is out and out hypocrisy.

Just stop the blatant lies as though I'm some dolt that has no chance of understanding their charade. Its insulting.

Last edited by Panoptes; September 12th, 2018, 11:42 PM.
        SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• I don't see any hypocrisy related to banged up joints and such Gonz. It just comes with the job.

Nfl players always say everyone is playing through injury at some point in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Ok, Farve never admitted the drug addiction until the end.

Cortisone shots to hide the injury pain is still a hypocritical way of the NFL "caring about a players health." Do they or do they not care about a players health? I never believed for a minute they did or will.

Just as they've shown, quite recently mind you, they'll just throw more money (they removed the injured capped amount on the settlement deal) at the injured, out of the game players and move forward, pretending to care about said players.

Again, I don't give a puck about the players health. They chose their profession. I also don't really care how the ownership just buys everyone's ok.

What I don't appreciate is the straight faced bullshit lies from the NFL about all their concern. Rule changes fronting as concern for players while on the back end buying off the loyalty of injured players is out and out hypocrisy.

Just stop the blatant lies as though I'm some dolt that has no chance of understanding their charade. Its insulting.
            When you’re talking brain damage, I think it is compelling enough to try to make the game a bit safer and I think they are trying, partly to cover their own future liabilities.

Leading with a helmet into a head of a defenseless receiver, the game can very easily do without imo.

Comment

The NFL named Kansas City Chiefsquarterback Patrick Mahomes as the AFC Offensive Player of the Weekon Wednesday.

Mahomes — playing in only his second NFL game, and his first as the team’s starter — threw for 256 yards with four touchdowns, and also gained 21 yards on the ground in four carries during the Chiefs 38-28 win over the Los Angeles Chargers. Mahomes’ passer rating of 127.5 was fourth best in the league — and tops in the AFC — in Week 1.

*This kid is just getting started but already showing HE can read a defense as good, if not better than some 10 year vets. As I've previously noted. He'll have his down games for sure, maybe even next week against PIT, but I like his ceiling a lot more than others.
              Oh, stop bragging.

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Had Trubisky thrown to the WR behind that alignment, he might still be running today.
              The funny thing about that is I've seen plenty of OL out there in space whiffing a block on a DB. It's not easy hitting those little guys. I was pretty good at it though

I just wanted to see the big fella rumbling through those little guys like a bull in a china shop.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I don't fault O'Brien, if anything is close they are supposed to review it. Sure he could have called a timeout but he shouldn't be in that position. If they are that incompetent then let the coaches challenge under two minutes, don't make them rely on an unneeded timeout in hopes that they will review a play they refuse to just review.
              You've seen it a hundred times not work that way. Hell, Rodgers and Brady know those dummies can't figure it out that fast. You as a coach can't be at the whim of the refs and a savy QB. Call a time-out. He ended the half with all three time outs. We would have been all over Caldwell or MP for the same thing.

Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

When you’re talking brain damage, I think it is compelling enough to try to make the game a bit safer and I think they are trying, partly to cover their own future liabilities.

Leading with a helmet into a head of a defenseless receiver, the game can very easily do without imo.
              Gonz is right. It's a bunch of PC bull crap. I was convinced when L. Williams took the crown of his helmet to the gut of MS. Hell, they could have called spearing it was so blatant.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Do you prefer a 62.8 passer Raiding? ;)

Comment

• Nope, I'm right on O'Brien. I don't want to give the Patriots more time. Its the NFL's problem, don't go blaming the head coach on the stupidity of the NFL. Blaming O'Brien is weak and it excuses that shit. I certainly wouldn't have bitched about it if a Lion coach was in the same situation. I'd defend him like I am defending O'Brien.

O'Brien's only misstep is he stepped back his initial criticism of it. He should have expanded on it.

Whatever timeouts he had at the end of the half were immaterial because he wanted the time to keep on running, he wanted to minimize the plays run.

Comment

• They gave up a TD. He could have waited until right before the snap and called it.

I agree the NFL sux at it. But, putting yourself and your team out there as a sacred cow isn't going to save anything. It's never helped the Lions and the country club frowns on that sort of thing.

Just because you call the TO doesn't mean you can't still criticize them for it.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Oh and guess what? IF he did use a TO he may have had enough time to get something on his end before half-time.

Comment

• Ebron must be the man now.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Colts have released tight end Erik Swoope, per source.

2 replies 6 retweets 10 likes

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Nope, I'm right on O'Brien. I don't want to give the Patriots more time. Its the NFL's problem, don't go blaming the head coach on the stupidity of the NFL. Blaming O'Brien is weak and it excuses that shit. I certainly wouldn't have bitched about it if a Lion coach was in the same situation. I'd defend him like I am defending O'Brien.

O'Brien's only misstep is he stepped back his initial criticism of it. He should have expanded on it.

Whatever timeouts he had at the end of the half were immaterial because he wanted the time to keep on running, he wanted to minimize the plays run.
                          No HC can willingly surrender scoring position and be applauded for it. Not calling the TO there and allowing that play to be reviewed was idiotic.
                          Field position trumped the clock there. Brady isn't some 3rd string rookie - you give him the ball at the HOU 30 with the clock moving he still has time to run another 6-7 plays - and you just gave him 3 points without having to do another thing.

What O'Brien did was the kind of thing Caldwell repeatedly got grilled for, making (or not) decisions which gives his team the best chance to succeed - in this case to get out of the half without surrendering any more points to a team you really can't afford to surrender any more to in the first place.

Comment

• Bill Burr's Thursday Afternoon Monday Morning Podcast has been taking multiple shots at female NFL pbp announcers. That horrible chick doing the Lions game on MNF in particular. So are his listeners. She and the other females are annoying to far more people than just me.

Comment

Bill Burr's Thursday Afternoon Monday Morning Podcast has been taking multiple shots at female NFL pbp announcers. That horrible chick doing the Lions game on MNF in particular. So are his listeners. She and the other females are annoying to far more people than just me.
                              She was terrible.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Josh Sitton out for year with torn labrum.
                                The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                                X