Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this article and look for the similarities to what you saw Monday:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...es/1287930002/

It was a combination of blown coverages in the secondary, a non-existent pass rush which continues a trend that plagued the Bills all of last season, and some short fields courtesy of turnovers and special teams gaffes.
    “We weren’t getting off the field on third downs like we wanted to, we couldn’t hold them in the red zone, and when you add those things up, along with field position and penalties, you get what you deserve,” said backup safety Rafael Bush.
    The 47 points were the most ever allowed by the Bills in a Week 1 game, and the 44-point deficit was second-worst in team history. In other words, a day to forget, and that’s what defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is trying to do.
    As for the pass rush, the Bills ranked 31st last season in sacks per pass attempt, and against the Ravens they managed only nine pressures (two sacks) of Flacco and Lamar Jackson on 41 total dropbacks.
    The Bills and Lions are historically bad in week 1. Who do you think will put it together first?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

She was terrible.
      Agreed. Can't stand her. She way over does the "excitement".
      GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• Even Griese was like meh when she kept going on about a flag for targeting on Stafford. She's a regular on the College front and every time I look for games on Saturday and hear her voice I'm like - nope.

Comment

• I hope she doesn't do all of the Lions games. She was painful. What happened to good announcers with nice easy to listen to bass voices?

Comment

• I didn't like the announcing either. Thankfully I was in a group atmosphere so could tune it out a bit
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• SEXISTS!
              Let the apathy flow through you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                Even Griese was like meh when she kept going on about a flag for targeting on Stafford. She's a regular on the College front and every time I look for games on Saturday and hear her voice I'm like - nope.
                Same here.
                GO LIONS "19" !!

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Comment

• The Browns finally got tired of Josh Gordon and his shit. Not good for my fantasy team unless NE signs him. This kid just can't fix his shit and probably won't until his career has passed him up.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Gordon is this generations David Boston. Man what could have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      The Browns finally got tired of Josh Gordon and his shit. Not good for my fantasy team unless NE signs him. This kid just can't fix his shit and probably won't until his career has passed him up.
                      On NE, his value would only elevate if Gronk got hurt. Gronk is the guy they go to when they take a shot downfield.
                      He'd need to go to a team like say Miami. Parker has never lived up to the hype, Stills is a burner, it'd be the perfect situation for Gordon - IF he could ever get his life in order. Sadly, I've probably got a better chance of hitting the lottery than he does of doing that in his serviceable playing days.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

Same here.
                        Heard her voice as I was surfing the BTN games. Shes doing Akron vs Northwestern. Couldn't turn the channel fast enough.
                        SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Watching USC vs Texas
                          Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                            SEXISTS!
                            IDGAF

95% of all PBP is awful but the females are next level, nails on a chalk board, difficult to accept.
                            Last edited by Panoptes; September 16th, 2018, 07:40 PM.
                            SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Got no problem with a female PBP, but don't try to make a game more than what it is. That said, there are male PBP that have the exact same problem.
                              You need to let the "color" commentator address the nuances of the game - because with extremely few exceptions that "color" guy has been there - done that (i.e. a former Coach or Player).
                              As much as I couldn't stand Millen as a GM - I have no quarrels with him being the "color" man on a broadcast. He knows the game, just doesn't know how to run an organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                                Got no problem with a female PBP, but don't try to make a game more than what it is. That said, there are male PBP that have the exact same problem.
                                You need to let the "color" commentator address the nuances of the game - because with extremely few exceptions that "color" guy has been there - done that (i.e. a former Coach or Player).
                                As much as I couldn't stand Millen as a GM - I have no quarrels with him being the "color" man on a broadcast. He knows the game, just doesn't know how to run an organization.
                                It is more than trying to make the game more than it is. Her voice is annoying and she never has chemistry with any of her color guys. Never. If I am flipping around the channels on Saturday and hear her doing play by play, I look for another game to watch. You'd think that if they were hell bent on using a woman PBP guy they could find one that was better than her. They have to be out there...

Millen is a great color guy. He is far enough removed from the Lions for me to again enjoy listening to him. He is insightful and entertaining. Even though he is a die hard Penn Stater and was doing the game on the Big Ten Network, he was fantastic on the App State/Penn State game.
                                In Columbus, of course, the fanbase holds the University accountable for doing the wrong thing. -Talent, Esq-

Comment

Working...
                                X