Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

No. I always hated that attempt by people to disqualify the drafts actual lineage.

It is in the 3rd round that is indeed before the first team preparing to pick in the 4th round. Your 3rd round pick may very well have been the target of a top 4th round picking team but they didn't get him because they were no longer picking in the actual 3rd round.

Do not try to wash out or disincentivise actual draft position.
    But if there are no 3rd round comp picks then the top of the 4th gets the player no?
    Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

No. I always hated that attempt by people to disqualify the drafts actual lineage.

It is in the 3rd round that is indeed before the first team preparing to pick in the 4th round. Your 3rd round pick may very well have been the target of a top 4th round picking team but they didn't get him because they were no longer picking in the actual 3rd round.

Do not try to wash out or disincentivise actual draft position.
      Yup.

Also, the 4th pick is the beginning of the 3rd day. But think about it UKBB. When you watch the draft, the NFLN or ESPN always say, "Teams have had a chance to reset their draft boards." That player(s) that teams slept on can be nabbed before the 4th.

Hales, teams give up picks just to move up a few spots.

Or, it can be bundled with your second rd pick to move back up into the first from the second. A fourth isn't gonna get you that.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

But if there are no 3rd round comp picks then the top of the 4th gets the player no?
        But there is. Reality man. I know, it's a MFr sometimes
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I always thought the idea of a "compensatory pick" was odd anyway. Who's to determine when "compensation" in the draft comes at the expense of other teams?

Why not just trade?

Comment

• Because teams lose top FA talent but do not necessarily go to FA to fill a hole from somewhere else. Hence, they get to draft a guy at the end of the 3rd round as compensation for losing a coveted FA.

Trading involve another franchise willing to get involved.

Ansah is the perfect definition of a player that can not be traded but will get a new contract from someone else.

Between Suh and Ansah, Lions FO sure does not know how to play cards with the DL, eh?
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              Because teams lose top FA talent but do not necessarily go to FA to fill a hole from somewhere else. Hence, they get to draft a guy at the end of the 3rd round as compensation for losing a coveted FA.

Trading involve another franchise willing to get involved.

Ansah is the perfect definition of a player that can not be traded but will get a new contract from someone else.

Between Suh and Ansah, Lions FO sure does not know how to play cards with the DL, eh?
              You know what's ironic. I was thinking about that yesterday. If the players and time were reversed I think Mayhew would have resigned Ansah (since he was healthy back then) and Quinn would have re-signed Suh.

Comment

• Ansah has been hurt the last two years, there really is nothing to be done by the front office. I'm sure if they forecasted he would get hurt in his 19th snap of the season, they wouldn't have franchised him. Them is the breaks.

Comment

• Agree. In hindsight it would be easy to say that he's been hurt a lot in his career and they should have known, but you never know about these things (injuries). And it's not like they had a better option.

Comment

• That's why I've argued that you can't call a draft pick a 'bust' because they got hurt ... The Lions wouldn't have drafted Charles Rogers had they known he was going to break both of his collar bones. The list of guy never impacting the NFL due to injury is huge. They aren't a bust in the same manner that JaMarcus Russell was a 'bust'.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• CRog was never going to be Andre Johnson but he was special.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                        I always thought the idea of a "compensatory pick" was odd anyway. Who's to determine when "compensation" in the draft comes at the expense of other teams?

Why not just trade?
                        The collective bargaining agreement means all parties came to such an agreement. No?
                        SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Everyone forgetting C Rogers' college marijuana red flags? It was a stupid AF pick with it being so HIGH.

Comment

Everyone forgetting C Rogers' college marijuana red flags? It was a stupid AF pick with it being so HIGH.
                            Randy Moss had the same flags but yeah the flags were there. That's why I said he wasn't ever going to be Andre Johnson but Charles Rogers was special. He moved effortlessly without the ball and incredible hands.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah, just incredible.

Comment

• I don't think I've ever seen a GM completely strip down a team like Gruden has. Today he released Bruce Irvin.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X