Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIT considering transition tag to trade Bell?

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac reports the Steelers are considering using the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell in an effort to trade him.

To be frank, this line of thought does not make much sense. Bell would first have to sign the transition tag for any trade to be completed, locking him into another one-year deal at likely less money than the one he walked away from last season. He could sign a long-term deal with his new team, but that would require something of a leap of faith. Furthermore, teams are allowed to negotiate and agree to offer sheets with transition tagged players. Once that happens, the Steelers would either have to match, which they reportedly have no interest in doing, or receive zero compensation. It is likely Pittsburgh will have to settle for a compensatory pick in 2020 as compensation for Bell.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Feb 7 - 1:07 PM
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'd let him walk (he performed for once, in a contract year) or put only the transition tag on him and settle for whatever draft picks you can negotiate with the buyer (don't hold them up for 2 1st round picks) and put in Kpassngnon (sp?) or a cheaper FA DE.

And technically Ford cost KC a SB appearance with his ignorant standing (not even rushing) off sides penalty late in the AFCCG. Unforgivable!

Btw, KC GM said in that interview that they would possibly tag Ford (I didn't see or hear FRANCHISE TAG) and further in talked about trade options and other things available to the team to try and get around their cap mess during our after the draft because all of his attention is on the draft right now (as it should be).

J Houston has NO more guaranteed money due him but alot of dead money if they 86 him somehow this off-season instead of next.
      Last edited by Panoptes; February 8th, 2019, 01:33 PM.
      SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• That was a Lion-like boneheaded play. All I got to do is stay on this side of the ball and we go to the SB. FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          That was a Lion-like boneheaded play. All I got to do is stay on this side of the ball and we go to the SB. FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!
          I said as much to my longtime (Bears) friend that called to raz me. Too Lion-esque were my exact words.
          SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Remember hearing the Lions had big time interest in Sammy Watkins. Some smoke about the Lions being interested in trading up for Watkins, but the price was too much.

Guess it doesn’t matter as the Lions picked a dumbassed TE instead.
            AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• This is baffling to me. Running backs coach?

Dogs rule.

Comment

• Yeah the guy that didn't know what to do with the Lions run game.
                Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Remember hearing the Lions had big time interest in Sammy Watkins. Some smoke about the Lions being interested in trading up for Watkins, but the price was too much.

Guess it doesn’t matter as the Lions picked a dumbassed TE instead.
                  Naw, it wasn't smoke. The Browns GM played Mayhew and the Bills GM against each other until he got a gold mine. But Mayhew was willing to give up a lot to go get him. He just wasn't willing to go over what the Bills gave. Oh yeah, all three have gotten fired since then.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    This is baffling to me. Running backs coach?

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                    Yeah the guy that didn't know what to do with the Lions run game.
                    Goog ole boy hire. Run through the hole.

Comment

• His old boss...
                      Dolphins officially hire Chad O’Shea, Patrick Graham and Jim Caldwell

Posted by Josh Alper on February 8, 2019, 2:26 PM EST
                      Getty Images

The Dolphins had to wait a while before they could officially hire Brian Flores as their head coach, but the lack of a formal announcement didn’t stop them from lining up much of Flores’ first coaching staff in Miami.

That group included former Lions and Colts head coach Jim Caldwell, who was officially announced as the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach on Friday.

“Jim is an incredible human being, a man of faith and a great football coach. His experience as a head coach will be invaluable for me. Jim is a great teacher, highly organized and somebody that I have a lot of respect for,” Flores said in a statement.

The team also formalized the hirings of defensive coordinator Patrick Graham and offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea. O’Shea joined Flores in making the move from New England to Miami and defensive pass game coordinator/cornerbacks coach Josh Boyer and assistant quarterbacks coach Jerry Schuplinski also left the Patriots this week.

Danny Crossman (special teams coordinator), Karl Dorrell (wide receivers), Pat Flaherty (offensive line), George Godsey (tight ends), Marion Hobby (defensive line), Rob Leonard (linebackers), Tony Oden (safeties), Eric Studesville (running backs), Josh Grizzard (quality control), Matt Lombardi (quality control), and Tiquan Underwood (quality control) were also announced as coaches for the 2019 Dolphins.

Comment

• Jim Bob Cooter lands on Jets coaching staff

Posted by Josh Alper on February 8, 2019, 2:16 PM EST
                        Getty Images

The Cooter has landed.

Jim Bob Cooter parted ways with the Lions after the end of the regular season and failed to land another offensive coordinator job last month. He’ll take a step down the hierarchy and serve as the running backs coach for new Jets head coach Adam Gase.

The Jets announced Gase’s entire staff on Friday. Thirteen of the coaches are new to the team, including Cooter, offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

Assistant head coach/wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson, offensive line coach Frank Pollack, assistant offensive line coach Derek Frazier, offensive assistant Bo Hardegree, assistant head coach/linebackers coach Frank Bush, defensive line coach Andre Carter, senior defensive assistant/outside linebackers coach Joe Vitt, defensive assistant Blake Williams and defensive assistant Eric Sanders are also new to the team.

Defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson remains with the team and adds passing game coordinator to his title. Special teams coordinator Brant Boyer, assistant defensive backs coach Steve Jackson, defensive assistant Robby Brown, assistant special teams coach Jeff Hammerschmidt are also still on the staff.

Strength and conditioning coach Justus Galac also returns along with assistant strength and conditioning coaches Aaron McLaurin and Joseph Giacobbe.

Comment

• WTF? Cooter got hired as a RB's coach? This has got to be a sick joke - right?

Comment

• Well, he cant coach QBs, might as well start trying something new.
                            The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Lol, that's funny...

Comment

• Jim Bob definitely has a history with RBs.... not doing shit.

what a hilarious hire
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X