X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    If doing something for ten thousand hours makes one a professional <snip>
    Did you read Blink?
    Last edited by bimmer84; February 11th, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

I went over to a Jets board and they are talking like Cooter is the best hire ever. I signed up and told them we're all shaking our heads at the hire. Someone flamed me and someone else gave me a negative board reputation vote. Jets and their fans have to be the worst in the NFL.
      Reminds me of when the Colts fan came here to warn us about Caldwell's foibles,

Luckily for them that he's in a position that he can't hurt the team that much.

They're probably combing over stats. They love that sort of thing in NY.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post

Did you read Blink?
        No and I wasn't thinking about it. ;)
        SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

36-28 - yep out of his depth as lions HC. We need somebody who can put the lions back on their losing track, back to the depth of Lions HC.
          Yet what was the Lions record vs winning teams again?

Comment

• And not many are asking the tough questions either...
            . Julian Edelman hides behind “league rules” to avoid discussing PED suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2019, 6:33 AM EST

Getty Images

Patriots receiver Julian Edelman ended the season with the Super Bowl LIII MVP award. He started the season with a four-game PED suspension.

And Edelman consistently refuses to discuss any of the details related to whatever it was that caused him to violate the policy against the use of performance enhancers.

People don’t know what happened,” Edelman told Peter King of Football Morning in America. “I can’t sit here and [due to] the league rules say what happened.”

That’s simply not true. The confidentiality provision of the PED policy protects the player; if the player chooses to waive his confidentiality rights, he can. If he wants to talk about the circumstances leading to the positive, he’s entitled to.

Waiving confidentiality comes with a risk, however. As revised in the aftermath of the current CBA, the PED policy permits the NFL’s Management Council to disclose information in order to “correct public claims made by [the] Player or his representatives about the discipline.”

In past years, players could claim whatever they wanted to claim, and the league could say nothing. Now, if the player offers a BS excuse or explanation for a positive PED test, the league has the right to call BS. Here, the BS comes from the basis for Edelman’s refusal to talk.

Technically, the league could call BS on that, if it wants. But the NFL likely doesn’t want to tarnish the Super Bowl MVP by issuing a statement that Edelman has made an incorrect public claim about his inability to discuss the PED violation.

King also asked Edelman if he believes the suspension was unjust.

“I’m not going down that road,” Edelman said. “I served what I had to serve and I accept that. I know a lot of people were disappointed in me for it. I apologize. It’ll never happen again.”

It’s hard to know whether what precisely happened last year will happen again without knowing what did happen in the first place. And apparently we never will.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cheaters cheat.

F him and his whole cheating organization, the Cheatriots.

Comment

• Ravens possible landing spot for Mark Ingram

ESPN's Jamison Hensley considers free agent Mark Ingram a potential target for the Ravens.

The Ravens had the second most rush yards in the league last year, but they did it without a true feature back. Ingram is a strong scheme fit for OC Greg Roman, who has a history of success with late-career veterans. Landing in Baltimore would be a best case scenario for Ingram's 2019 outlook.
                Source: ESPN
                Feb 9 - 5:04 PM

Comment

• https://www.profootballrumors.com/

• Although Isaiah Crowell set the Jets’ single-game rushing record with a 219-yard performance against the Broncos in October, Cimini does not expect the team to keep the veteran running back around for 2019. Crowell tied his career-high yards-per-carry figure with 4.8 but only amassed 685 rushing yards last season. The Jets can save $3MM by releasing Crowell before March 15, when $2MM of his $4MM 2019 base salary becomes guaranteed. The Jets have been the team most linked to Le’Veon Bell, and the team now has $99MM-plus in cap space.

Comment

• https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...agents-in-2019

Projection: Five years, $82.5 million, $46 million GTD

6. TREY FLOWERS

Like Jarrett, Trey Flowers is a former Day 3 pick that has panned out and then some for the 2018 Super Bowl champs. He’s improved his overall grade every season of his four-year NFL career and finished the 2018 season ranked sixth in overall grade at 89.7.

From Jason:

“The Patriots are not cap rich next season, as they’ll likely have around $20 million in room before they start to make cuts, which makes tagging a player harder. They have a left tackle that they could use the tag on instead and in general the franchise tag has not been something that the Patriots really focus on. There is always going to be a feeling that the Patriots will get the option to match an offer which should benefit Flowers…

Like with Clark, the best comparable here is Hunter. If he does re-sign with New England before free agency begins that is probably going to be considered valid though whereas with other teams it might not. If he gets to free agency, he has a chance to have a very similar run as Vernon if he is indeed the only available pass rusher.”

Comment

• KAREEM HUNT - signed by the Cleveland Browns. Wasn't is Dorsey who drafted him the first time? Makes sense.
                      Forever One!

Comment

• Yes

The most up to date info with statements from Dorsey and KHUNT

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/2...rb-kareem-hunt
                        Last edited by Panoptes; February 11th, 2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                          And not many are asking the tough questions either...

That’s simply not true. The confidentiality provision of the PED policy protects the player; if the player chooses to waive his confidentiality rights, he can. If he wants to talk about the circumstances leading to the positive, he’s entitled to.

Waiving confidentiality comes with a risk, however. As revised in the aftermath of the current CBA, the PED policy permits the NFL’s Management Council to disclose information in order to “correct public claims made by [the] Player or his representatives about the discipline.”

In past years, players could claim whatever they wanted to claim, and the league could say nothing. Now, if the player offers a BS excuse or explanation for a positive PED test, the league has the right to call BS. Here, the BS comes from the basis for Edelman’s refusal to talk.

Technically, the league could call BS on that, if it wants. But the NFL likely doesn’t want to tarnish the Super Bowl MVP by issuing a statement that Edelman has made an incorrect public claim about his inability to discuss the PED violation.

King also asked Edelman if he believes the suspension was unjust.

“I’m not going down that road,” Edelman said. “I served what I had to serve and I accept that. I know a lot of people were disappointed in me for it. I apologize. It’ll never happen again.”

It’s hard to know whether what precisely happened last year will happen again without knowing what did happen in the first place. And apparently we never will.
                          So basically, if the player talks about it, they lose all confidentiality rights and the league can dump all their records, true or untrue into the public realm. Yes, that effectively means a player must keep his mouth shut unless he really wants to hash out in a public relations battle.

Comment

• Smart signing by Cleveland.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

So basically, if the player talks about it, they lose all confidentiality rights and the league can dump all their records, true or untrue into the public realm. Yes, that effectively means a player must keep his mouth shut unless he really wants to hash out in a public relations battle.
                              Well, then be totally transparent and say, "I don't want to talk about it." Don't be a weasel boy and put it on the league when the league isn't saying you can't talk about it. YOU don't want to talk about it.

Comment

• Can't even begin to fathom how many times he's said "I don't want to talk about it" the last 3 months and yet they still bring it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X