No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does he sound like Keysawn? Too confusing.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS

OLIVIER VERNONLB, CLEVELAND BROWNS
      Browns acquired DE Olivier Vernon from the Giants in exchange for RG Kevin Zeitler.

RELATED:
      Mar 8, 2019, 11:36 AM
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• KEVIN ZEITLERG, NEW YORK GIANTS Giants acquired RG Kevin Zeitler from the Browns in exchange for DE Olivier Vernon.

This is a huge get for GM Dave Gettleman and the Giants. They wanted to get rid of Vernon badly, and not only were they able to accomplish that, they got Zeitler in return, who graded out as Pro Football Focus' top pass-blocking guard in 2018 and turned 29 today. He has three years left on his contract as the league's third-highest paid guard, but Zeitler is certainly worth it. He'll slide in as a foundation piece for the Giants' offensive line. They just need a quarterback, among other things.

RELATED:
          SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
          Mar 8, 2019, 11:33 AM

• OLIVIER VERNONLB, NEW YORK GIANTS NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Giants are trading DE Olivier Vernon to the Browns.

The Giants made it known they were shopping Vernon and his massive contract. After two subpar seasons, it's a mild surprise they were able to find a taker, but the Browns have a ton of cap space and appear to be betting on a change of scenery helping Vernon. New DC Steve Wilks runs a 4-3 front, so Vernon will head back to traditional 4-3 end after playing in a 3-4 last year. It's not a bad flyer for the Browns, considering Vernon is still just 28 years old.

RELATED:
          SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
          Mar 8, 2019, 11:29 AM

Comment

• Man, I wanted us to get Zeitler

Comment

• MARCUS GILBERTT, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
            ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are shopping RT Marcus Gilbert.

Gilbert ended last season on injured reserve with a knee issue and has just one year left on his contract. The 31-year-old already tweeted he's onto the "next chapter" Friday morning, so one way or another Gilbert appears to be done in Pittsburgh. Releasing Gilbert would clear over $4.9 million against the cap.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
            Mar 8, 2019, 10:19 AM

Comment

• ANTONIO BROWNWR, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
              ESPN's Rob Demovsky reports the Packers "won't jump in" and get involved in conversations with the Steelers for Antonio Brown.

Demovsky notes the Packers never had any conversations with the Steelers, safely eliminating them from the list of franchises still jockeying for Brown's services. With the Bills officially out, we honestly don't even know who is in the mix for Brown. Teams may be waiting for the Steelers' price to drop, knowing Pittsburgh is backed into a corner here. The Packers could then re-enter the conversation.

RELATED:
              SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
              Mar 8, 2019, 8:39 AM

Comment

• RANDALL COBBWR, GREEN BAY PACKERS
                The Athletic's Jay Glazer reports the Patriots tried to trade for then-Packers WR Randall Cobb ahead of last year's deadline.

It's notable because the Pats have a huge need at receiver and Cobb is now a free agent. Greatly diminished from his peak, Cobb is a mid-range option amongst this year's class. His underneath game would certainly fit New England's system.

RELATED:
                SOURCE: The Athletic
                Mar 7, 2019, 8:25 PM

Comment

• Effin John Dorsey. Doing what he do again.

Garrett, Vernon, Ogbah, Zettle with more to come. Yikes.
                  SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Effin John Dorsey. Doing what he do again.

Garrett, Vernon, Ogbah, Zettle with more to come. Yikes.
                    Zettle? Really? You'd been better off not reminding everyone of that

Comment

• I like Zettle (a lot) as a set number of downs hustle guy that comes off the bench (what he should have been all along in Det.). Apparently so does Dorsey for now.

Dorsey doesn't mess around though. He's all about improving roster talent down to his practice squad. Never consider yourself safe on his roster.
                      SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Keenum thinks it's a win for him until his leg does an impression of a wishbone on Thanksgiving.
                        The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Mike Glennon was just cut by the Cards.....he’d be a nice choice for a stop-gap backup QB.

one of those guys who’s not quite good enough to be a starter but a little too good to be a just a backup....like Fitzpatrick early in his career

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Damn that’s a sly move by the Skins. Giving up a 6th round pick and getting Keenum at 3.5 mil a year.

No one knows what Keenum is but that’s a cheap gamble that could pay off huge. Is he the all pro caliber QB fhat carried the queens or is he just another guy?

Either way they’re paying him what Chad Henne or Drew Stanton makes. Nice lottery ticket
                            Just another guy. Snyder is still pulling the strings.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Dwayne Allen to sign with Dolphins

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2019, 1:30 PM EST
                              Getty Images

Free agent tight end Dwayne Allen is taking his talents to South Beach.

Allen told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he is signing with the Dolphins. PFT has confirmed that it’s a two-year, $7 million deal.

After the Patriots released him, Allen had a busy week, spending time with the Browns, Bills and Lions before heading to Miami. His last visit ended up being the best fit.

The 29-year-old Allen has spent the last two years with the Patriots, where he was primarily a blocking tight end. Prior to that he spent five seasons in Indianapolis.

Comment

• Antonio Brown traded to the Raiders.
                                The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                                X