Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Review review review.. This game is going to be boring as f
    The commercials make the game boring IMHO.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's actually much better than it used to be. Back in the 60s and early 70s there was no play clock (1976), minutes between plays wasn't uncommon.
      Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Too late.

Decades ago I posted info that stated there were less than a few fist full of minutes of actual player contact minutes. How's that for a guesstimate of info I can't exactly recall right now? The rest of the game was fluff.

That's why going to a game is sometimes boring AF (without chatty friends). At least when watching on TV or DVR version of it, you can change channels or ff.

​​​​​​Despite the NFL move a couple seasons back to not run so many commercial breaks to increase a game flow, they increased many of the commercial breaks that used to be 2 mins to 3.

Just as a viewer, it seems to me that most games seem to have even less of a flow.

No
        Fun
        League

Its now a torn ACL

All (about)
        Cash
        League
        Yup. My dvr FF at a rate of 30 sec. I used to hit it 4 times and be right there when the next play is beginning. Now it's 5-6 times. Must be boring as a mf to watch live.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I haven't been to a Lion game in probably 14 years and it was boring then. The Lions actually won the game but it is jarring to see how many times nothing is going on.

Comment

• Report: Steelers trying to hustle up a trade for Morgan Burnett

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 22, 2019, 11:33 AM EDT
            Getty Images

Steelers safety Morgan Burnett asked for his release in January, and his agent said today they granted that wish.

But he’s still under contract, for the moment.

According to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers are working to see if they can find someone to tradefor the disgruntled safety before they release him.

While it’s hard to imagine a team taking on his remaining contract rather than just signing him as a free agent later, if they want to beat another team to the punch maybe the Steelers can squeeze a late pick out of the deal.

The Steelers signed Burnett to a three-year, $14.35 million deal with $4.25 million guaranteed last year.

Comment

• The rats are jumping off that ship like crazy.

Comment

• "I haven't been to a Lion game in probably 14 years and it was boring then. The Lions actually won the game but it is jarring to see how many times nothing is going on."

I know, right? Worst live sporting event. I haven't been to a game in about 10 years. The tailgate is the only good thing about NFL games, but a lot of places are even cracking down on that.

Comment

• I'd like to go someday to a live grand slam tennis event. Think that'd be exciting if there's recognizable players

Baseball games are fun to go to live but again it depends who ur with. Basketball I find great if ur close not so much if u sit far. Hockey bores me unless there's a lot of scoring. Football I agree with you guys for the most part.
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• One of the main reasons football is king of TV is because it is better to watch on TV than it is to go to the game, even though you can't see the whole field. You don't realize at home how much time is spent on commercials.

The fan experience is much better at the other sports.

Comment

• Purely from a watching experience I'd rather be at a Football game than see it on TV. Hockey and Basketball the entire play fits on the TV screen, and for the most part Baseball is all about the Pitcher/Hitter confrontation and that is presented center stage. Don't go to games much anymore, but the last game I went to was a Cowboys preseason game and I told my friends sitting next to me TD before the QB ever threw the ball - because I could see the space opening up in the secondary and the move the WR put on the CB to lose him as he was moving into that space. You simply can't see that on TV - all you see is the QB in the pocket with the ball and him throwing it.

Comment

• Speak of the devil. It's Fraquar.

The new AAF league actually uses the sky angle view that is above and behind the QB, giving a large field of vision.

Both leagues need to use that angle far more often than they do.

For my money, nothing is better than a live hockey game from anywhere in the house.

I love baseball games for the subtle and the now sometimes not so subtle (full shift) field player moves based on many factors from a batters known propensities, the pitch location and type to come, pitch to pitch balls & strike count, number of outs and the man on deck.

When played and managed properly, baseball is a very cerebral game to witness that TV just doesn't capture in full.

NBA, LOFL. I'll just go down to a public park and watch a bunch of chuckers.
                        Last edited by Panoptes; March 23rd, 2019, 06:49 AM.
                        SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• The Broncos have proposed a rule that would give teams an alternative option to the onside kick. Instead of trying to recover an onside kick, teams would have the option of attempting to convert a fourth-and-15 play from their own 35-yard line. If they get the 15 yards, they get a first down and keep possession of the ball. If they don't get the 15 yards, the other team would take over possession from wherever the play ended.
                          https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...seems-to-like/
                          Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Speak of the devil. It's Fraquar.

The new AAF league actually uses the sky angle view that is above and behind the QB, giving a large field of vision.

Both leagues need to use that angle far more often than they do.

For my money, nothing is better than a live hockey game from anywhere in the house.

I love baseball games for the subtle and the now sometimes not so subtle (full shift) field player moves based on many factors from a batters known propensities, the pitch location and type to come, pitch to pitch balls & strike count, number of outs and the man on deck.

When played and managed properly, baseball is a very cerebral game to witness that TV just doesn't capture in full.

NBA, LOFL. I'll just go down to a public park and watch a bunch of chuckers.
                            There is no comparison of a live event. Hockey is on line 1 - just a different level of energy in Hockey vs any other sport. I went to one of the last remaining games at old Olympia (beat the Bruins). Arguably one of the best live events I've ever attended.

Never felt that way in Tiger Stadium, never felt that way at the Silverdome - with the sole exception of the Lions dismantling of the Vikings - where the entire crowd booed when the Lions ran out the clock because we wanted blood and a 50 spot.

Only time I ever really felt part of a baseball game was at Rangers Stadium. While we had good seats 3 rows behind the 1st base dugout it wasn't until I walked behind home plate where I really saw what I was missing at every game I ever attended. If I ever go to another game, I have to get a seat behind home plate - cost be damned. Been every place in a ballpark except behind home plate, probably the best place ever view wise was the farthest away - dead CF in St. Louis vs the Braves - as I was an outfielder in HS and could see everything I'd normally see if I was actually playing the game.

Comment

• Wtf?

More WWNFL ideas?

​​​​​​Lining starting O and D players up for one more play is definitely less dangerous to the stars than an onside kick with special teams type guys. /s

Imo, that's just a stoopid fn idea
                              Last edited by Panoptes; March 23rd, 2019, 09:32 PM.
                              SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                                Been every place in a ballpark except behind home plate
                                Malto, DanO, myself and some other hooligans sat behind home a few years ago. It was the first time I’d sat there myself. The view was pretty cool but the screen netting was terrible to watch a game through in my opinion. It kept messing with my eyes.

The Tigers also played like dick. We lost the game and it was one of those very non eventful games. No HRs and barely any scoring.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X