X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

Hmmmmmm.

That really sounds like entrapment.

Would it be OK for authorities to fake a bomb threat to set up recording devices in the GM boardroom?
    Baby oil and vaseline slippery slope there my friend. It cannot be allowed to (continue) happen.
    Last edited by Panoptes; April 4th, 2019, 03:36 PM.
    SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• The dirt sheets have been highly suspect of Vince's second foray into the XFL. Vince is good at promoting wrestling, when he steps outside of that he's not that successful. He can burn money with the best of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        I hate everything to do with the Cheatriots but I hope the following news headline turns out to be true.

Robert Kraft's attorneys allege police used 'fake bomb threat' to set up secret cameras at spa

WE THE PEOPLE do not accept authority surreptitiously setting up tax payers for crimes that have no victims (two consenting adults agreeing to a transaction for a sexual act is not a crime!).
        Every prostitute from sea to shining sea agrees!
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The AAF was a house of cards, but sure blame the NFLPA. Ha!

In the first half of the Salt Lake Stallions’ game against the San Diego Fleet last weekend, Stallions linebacker Gionni Paul went to break up a third-down pass when he was sandwiched by his teammate. He went down with what was later diagnosed as a broken arm, ending his season. When the AAF folded, Paul’s medical care went along with it. He has no team-provided insurance. “They basically said we on our own,” he told Deadspin. Paul also said he was kicked out of the apartment the Stallions set him up in, leaving him scrambling for a place to live.(Emphasis mine - FL)

Do read the whole thing on this fraud of a league.
          Less than two months after kicking off its inaugural season, the AAF is dead. All the league’s promises about providing a direct line to the NFL and supporting players after their careers are over turned out to be nothing more than marketing bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Jets new uniforms are being revealed tonight.
            Hopefully they aren’t the leaked versions because those are lame. Too much like Marshall.
            Jets have a lot of potential with that green primary color.

and the XFL is going to be unsuccessful too.
            That starts in 2020... watch how long that lasts.
            It will last until 2020.
            Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

• Average.
              Like the black uniforms.
              At first, didn't like the stripes on the uniforms, but upon second glance, it's okay.
              AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Do yourself a favor and put that guy on ignore. Basically, the Lions suck and will always suck as long as Matt Stafford is their QB. Nothing else matters.
                You can't even get that right. I have ten years of evidence to support my claim that Medicare Matty will never elevate the Lions beyond MEDIOCRE (get it right). What do you have to say that assessment is not accurate?

Funny, you tell people what to do because you don't like what I say. But you tune in every week to watch the Lions do EXACTLY what I say they are going to do. You'll do it again this year. You will watch Detroit beat the bottom feeders and lose to the winning teams.........exactly what they have been doing since they Drafted Mediocre Matty. Wash, rinse, repeat.
                Last edited by dwt1; April 4th, 2019, 11:43 PM.
                Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Average.
                  Like the black uniforms.
                  At first, didn't like the stripes on the uniforms, but upon second glance, it's okay.
                  It is an improvement.

Comment

• They kinda look like the Eagles to me.
                    The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Latest revelations make Aaron Rodgers’ contract look like a mistake

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2019, 8:36 AM EDT
                      Getty Images

Last offseason, the Packers gave quarterback Aaron Rodgers a huge new contract, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history. The latest revelations about Rodgers’ relationship with the higher-ups in Green Bay raise a simple question: Why?

Why did the Packers give Rodgers an enormous new contract, when they still had him under contract for two more very affordable seasons? If Rodgers were still playing under his old contract, he’d be heading into the final season of that deal, and he would be highly motivated to have his best season ever before hitting free agency.

Instead, Rodgers pocketed a whopping $67 million last year. He has enough “screw you” money that he doesn’t have to be particularly accommodating to his team.

And the revelations from the new report by Tyler Dunne of BleacherReport.com indicate that Rodgers hasn’t always been accommodating in Green Bay. Rodgers apparently held a grudge going all the way back to former coach Mike McCarthy being part of the 49ers’ decision making in the 2005 NFL draft, when the 49ers chose Alex Smith first overall and Rodgers fell to Green Bay with the 24th overall pick. And Packers CEO Mark Murphy reportedly had to order Rodgers not to be the problem after Matt LaFleur was hired as McCarthy’s replacement.

“Don’t be the problem” ought to go without saying for a franchise quarterback. It’s doubtful that Robert Kraft ever had to tell Tom Brady not to be the problem in New England, or that Jim Irsay ever had to tell Peyton Manning not to be the problem in Indianapolis. The mere fact that Murphy felt the need to say those words speaks volumes.

So why did Murphy sign a quarterback who needed to be told not to be a problem to the biggest contract in NFL history? If the Packers hadn’t signed Rodgers to that extension, they’d have a great deal of leverage with him right now: They could tell him, If you’re the problem this season, you won’t be here next season, but if you get back to your MVP form, we’ll reward you with a lucrative contract extension.

As it is, the Packers have given Rodgers so much money that they couldn’t move on from him now if they wanted to: Rodgers’ huge signing bonus means he would have about a $45 million dead cap hit if he were traded. It’s simply not feasible.

The Packers would be in much better shape right now if Rodgers were going into the last year of his contract, motivated to prove any doubters wrong.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Rashad Ross going from AAF to Panthers

Posted by Josh Alper on April 4, 2019, 5:27 PM EDT
                        Getty Images

Wide receiver Rashad Ross was a hot shot for the short-lived Arizona Hotshots of the Alliance of American Football and his play in the league has reportedly earned him another look in the NFL.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Panthers are signingRoss to their 90-man roster.

Ross bounced around the NFL from the time he entered the league as an undrafted rookie in 2013 until he was released by the Cardinals last August. He saw action in 20 regular season games with Chicago and Washington from 2014-2016 and had nine catches for 192 yards and a touchdown. He also returned a kickoff for a touchdown for Washington in 2015.

Ross was second in the AAF with 583 receiving yards and had a league-high seven touchdown catches before the league shut down this week. He joins Chiefs cornerback Keith Reaser as AAF players who have found new homes in the NFL on Thursday.

Comment

• Chiefs sign AAF cornerback Keith Reaser

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 4, 2019, 3:24 PM EDT
                          Getty Images

Keith Reaser has been in the NFL before. Now he’s a trivia question.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Chiefs are signingformer Orlando Apollos cornerback Keith Reaser, making him the first player from the developmental league to get a deal with the NFL, shortly after the league released players from their contracts.

Reaser got a $50,000 signing bonus, and can earn a $25,000 roster bonus and a $25,000 workout bonus.

Reaser was a fifth-round pick of the 49ers in 2014, who spent time with the Chiefs the last two years. He was promoted from their practice squad late in 2017, and went to camp with them last year but was waived-injured. He has appeared in 30 career games.

Comment

• Ah man...
                            AAF player says his personal credit card was charged for stay at team hotel

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 4, 2019, 2:56 PM EDT
                            Getty Images

We’re continuing to see evidence that when the Alliance of American Football pulled the plug on its season this week, it did so in a slipshod manner.

The latest comes from Adrien Robinson, a former Giants tight end who was trying to get back into pro football by playing for the Memphis Express this season. Robinson wrote on Twitter that his personal credit card, which he presumably gave the front desk for incidental charges, was charged $2,500 for his stay in the team hotel, and the team has given him no indication that they’ll take care of the matter.

“I woke up to over a $2500 charge pending on my account from the Sonesta hotel our team stayed in,” Robinson wrote. “I called the bank and Memphis team president. My only option is to dispute the charges on Monday. The same thing happened to other players on our team.”

It’s one thing for AAF chairman Tom Dundon to decide he couldn’t afford to keep subsidizing a money-losing league any longer. It’s another thing to treat employees in such a shabby way, as we’ve been hearing all day examples of players being left in the lurch after the league folded. The AAF’s players deserved better.

Comment

• CFL teams scrambling to get to AAF players

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 4, 2019, 2:53 PM EDT
                              Getty Images

There hasn’t been (and may not be) a land rush from NFL teams to sign AAF players, now that they can.

But their personnel counterparts north of the border look at it differently.

Via the CFL’s official website, Canadian personnel departments were in a rush to stake a claim to some of the AAF’s players after the league ceased operations this week.

“[Tuesday] was a crazy day in the CFL. The status reports that came out were loaded,” Hamilton Tiger-Cats football operations consultant Jim Barker told CHQR radio.“Every team [was] dropping six and seven players and adding six or seven players.”

A few CFL players defected south to play in the start-up league, and any players with CFL experience who played in the AAF are free agents now. The rest will go on negotiation lists, where teams squat on the rights of players. Those transactions aren’t publicized.

“You had to be fast. We lost two players to a team that beat us to the call,” Barker said. “It was a crazy day in the CFL in personnel offices across the league. I think everybody was prepared for it but it was a crazy day. I believe you’ll see maybe 20 players that were in that league [come to the CFL].”

Even with NFL rosters at offseason limits of 90, it’s unlikely that anywhere near that many will find jobs on NFL rosters.

Comment

• Josh Sitton retires

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 4, 2019, 1:40 PM EDT
                                Getty Images

Four-time Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton has announced his retirement.

The 32-year-old Sitton made the announcement on ESPN Radio in Wisconsin, just hours after his wife gave birth to their son.

The Packers chose Sitton in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL draft, and he became one of their most important offensive players, a fixture at guard who could also play tackle when called upon by injuries to other players. He was a first-team All-Pro in 2014. Just before the start of the 2016 season, Sitton was cut by the Packers and he signed with the Bears, where he played two years. Last year he signed a two-year deal with the Dolphins, but in September he suffered a season-ending shoulder injury, and he was released last month.

Now Sitton will focus on retirement and fatherhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X