NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

A few years ago the forum was duped by a fake ESPN link saying one of the Michigan OL got caught with cocaine a week before the draft.

Laughs were had by all.
    SoCal made the fake page, and the lineman in question was Steve Hutchinson
    The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Too bad Mike F’in Holmgren didn’t get that link.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Can we send Jacksonville Ford Field

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          Can we send Jacksonville Ford Field
          Why? I like Ford Field.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Alabama alum and Chicago Bears defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has degree withheld over $1 debt

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alaba...WkT5KdEZva-VCw
            Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

• I thought one of the privileges of being an unpaid employee for a multimillion dollar enterprise(aka college football player) was that free education you didn't have to pay anything for.

Comment

• Multi-BILLION for many unis.

SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Bills signing running back T.J. Yeldon

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 22, 2019, 8:26 AM EDT
                  Getty Images

The Bills continue to add veteran running backs, even if this one isn’t nearly as veteran as some.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bills are signing the former Jaguars running back to a two-year contract.

The Jaguars added elder Frank Gore to back up/complement LeSean McCoy this offseason, which allowed them to part ways with Chris Ivory.

But Yeldon showed some versatility last year, catching 55 passes for the Jaguars as his role as a runner decreased.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    Bills signing running back T.J. Yeldon

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 22, 2019, 8:26 AM EDT
                    Getty Images

The Bills continue to add veteran running backs, even if this one isn’t nearly as veteran as some.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bills are signing the former Jaguars running back to a two-year contract.

The Jaguars added elder Frank Gore to back up/complement LeSean McCoy this offseason, which allowed them to part ways with Chris Ivory.

But Yeldon showed some versatility last year, catching 55 passes for the Jaguars as his role as a runner decreased.
                    Not quite.

Comment

• Tony Mandarich cites steroids, painkillers for his draft bust status

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 21, 2019, 11:45 AM EDT
                      Getty Images

Tony Mandarich is included on any list of the biggest draft busts in NFL history, and he says his story is a cautionary tale not for NFL scouts who struggle to identify the top prospects coming out of college, but for NFL players who struggle with substance abuse.

Mandarich said in a long interview with Jeremy Schaap on ESPN that the major challenges for him in the NFL were getting off steroids (which he says he used in college but never as a pro) and getting on painkillers (which he says he struggled with for years).

“I was taking 40, 50, 60 painkillers a day, and drinking,” Mandarich said of his career in the NFL, where he arrived in Green Bay as the second overall pick in the 1989 draft but played only three seasons.

Mandarich also says that much of his success at Michigan State was a result of steroid use, and he says he decided when he got to the NFL to stop using steroids because the NFL’s testing program was more stringent than the testing in college football.

“The testing, I felt, was too hard,” Mandarich said. “I didn’t want it even talked about, so I just didn’t do them.”

Mandarich said he thought he’d only lose 10 percent of his strength when he got off steroids but lost much more than that and couldn’t be the same player. However, after quitting painkillers and getting healthy, Mandarich returned to the NFL, signing with the Colts in 1996 and spending three years in Indianapolis as a solid if not great player. Mandarich said that when he played with the Colts, off steroids and off painkillers, “It was the first time I played a game without a drug in my body since high school.”

Today Mandarich says he’s happy and healthy and working as a photographer. He gets invited back to Green Bay when the Packers have events for former players, but he declines, saying that part of his life is behind him, and he thinks he’d get booed.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Glazer: League discussed making field larger

Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2019, 10:32 AM EDT

Getty Images

The ongoing discussions regarding player safety have led to a wide range of creative ideas for minimizing major impacts on the playing field. Last month, a new possibility landed on the table: Making the playing field larger.

Jay Glazer explains in his weekly Q&A for TheAthletic.com that the prospect of lengthening and widening the field “was brought up in player safety discussion this year at the owners meetings.”

“It was brought up, the players have gotten bigger, faster, stronger, and the field hasn’t gotten any bigger,” Glazer writes. “I don’t see anything changing but this is the first year I actually heard about that.”

From high school on up (and at some lower levels of the sport), the field remains 100 by 53 yards. But the players at the highest level of football indeed continue to get bigger, faster, stronger.

Making the field larger could be problematic in stadiums where the current playing surface barely fits as it is, and it likewise could make for awkward transitions in stadiums that also host college and high-school football games, like Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. It also could reduce scoring, requiring longer drives before a team gets into the end zone or field-goal range.

Here’s a possibility suggested by MDS for, as a practical matter, making the field a little larger: Change the requirement that a receiver get two feet inbounds to one foot, like the college and high-school rule. Bringing back the force-out rule would have a similar effect, allowing passes to be regarded as complete if the player would have gotten two feet (or one foot) down but for a shove from a defender.

Comment

• Please just quit messing with the rules! In 5 years we won’t recognize football!!!!

Comment

• Ok one rule change- allow players to have two helmets so we can bring back true throwback uniforms ( not just peel off the stickers)

Comment

• Do they get to use the second helmet as a weapon? Cause I could get behind that kind of action.

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
                                Do they get to use the second helmet as a weapon? Cause I could get behind that kind of action.
                                HA!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X