NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JONATHAN STEWARTRB, CAROLINA PANTHERS
    Jonathan Stewart retired after 11 seasons in the NFL.

Stewart signed a one-day contract to retire with the Panthers, the team which made him the 13th overall pick back in 2008 and was his home for 10 of 11 seasons. Early in his career, Stewart formed a dynamic partnership with DeAngelo Williams, and the pair helped carry the team to a 12-4 record in 2008. Stewart struggled with injuries throughout most of his career, but he was able to appear in at least 13 games each of his final four seasons in Carolina, averaging almost 925 yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns over that span. Stewart finishes his career with the most rushing yards in Panthers history.

RELATED:
    SOURCE: Panthers on Twitter
    Apr 23, 2019, 10:46 AM
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• ODELL BECKHAMWR, CLEVELAND BROWNS
      Odell Beckham tweeted he is a "cancer" to a team "that’s ok [with] losing because I want to win that BADDD."

It is a well-aimed shot at the team that traded him away this offseason, but Beckham made clear he is not upset about his new home. "I’ve never been in a place so happy in my life," Beckham tweeted. "My soul, my spirit, is at an all time high!!" Playing with the best quarterback of his career in an offense filled with talent, Beckham should find life on the football field much easier moving forward.

SOURCE: Odell Beckham on Twitter
      Apr 23, 2019, 9:56 AM
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• MARCUS DAVENPORTDL, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
        Saints coach Sean Payton expects 2018 first-round DE Marcus Davenport to be "a dominant player for us."

New Orleans traded their first-round pick this year to trade up for Davenport, who was slowed by injuries as a rookie and recorded just 4.5 sacks. Even so, the Saints do not regret the trade. "We saw some real good traits where we fell like this guy is going to be a dominant player for us," Payton said. "[He played] exceptionally against Minnesota and exceptional two or three other games for us. His toe slowed him down." Davenport underwent surgery to repair the toe after the season, but he should be 100 percent well before camp.

SOURCE: New Orleans Times-Picayune
        Apr 23, 2019, 9:42 AM

Comment

• J.J. WILCOXDB, ATLANTA FALCONS
          Falcons signed S J.J. Wilcox to a one-year contract.

Wilcox laced up for five games with the Jets last season before being outright released in October. He eventually signed on with the Colts, notching six tackles in Indy's AFC Divisional Round loss to the Chiefs. He joins Chris Cooper and Afolabi Laguda as recent additions to Atlanta's safety room.

RELATED:
          SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
          Apr 22, 2019, 4:10 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Hey, when you see stuff and note it well before others, it's not self congratulatory to bring it back up, it's simply evidence of being in tune with issues that the masses finally see after the facts are plastered in their faces years down the road.

You only see my football and politics here (if you venture over there).

My intuition on financial and insurance trends also keeps me gainfully employed and well compensated. No apologies from me. Go figure eh!
            Oh dear lord no!
            Don Muhlbach: 'I let the Lions down' with bad snap'

Comment

• Great if you love Fox News on steroids bigotry, like calling me “Muslim” because I’m from London.

The guy is a fool/snowflake who should rename himself “Cyclops.”

Comment

• Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and 2nd next year, plus some middle round swaps.

You have to hand it to KC, another woman beater added to their roster.

Terrible deal for them outside of the off the field stuff. Never a big fan of giving up high picks, and then having to pay the dude megabucks in an extension. Seattle cleaned up.

Comment

• Though it's really more like a 2nd this year and 2nd next (KC picked 29th).......I can't say that's really good value for Clark. They traded Ford for only a 2nd......Would that make Clark twice as good? I don't think so

Comment

• It's amazing after all the Hunt/Hill shit they have been through, they go out and trade for a guy with a domestic abuse history.

Fyi, Hill's kid was removed from his house by protective services, so some sort of suspension is most likely coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      It's amazing after all the Hunt/Hill shit they have been through, they go out and trade for a guy with a domestic abuse history.

Fyi, Hill's kid was removed from his house by protective services, so some sort of suspension is most likely coming.
                      How he's not on the commish's exempt list already is beyond me. They don't remove kids from the home for he-said/she-said shit.

Comment

• This is a kid who wound up with a broken arm. The same kid who was in the WOMB when Hill beat and punched the mothers stomach.

It's so vile and disgusting it's literally beyond words to even describe this situation.

Comment

• But hey, let's go out and trade for a guy with a domestic abuse history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

How he's not on the commish's exempt list already is beyond me. They don't remove kids from the home for he-said/she-said shit.
                            2 words - Pat Mahommes

The league, and fans, love that kid. Who else but Kelce does he have to throw it to?

It's so laughable that they cut Hunt for doing less. But he was on video so the optics was way worse. What a fake az world this is.

Comment

• It's such a weird double standard...not just with the league but in the media. A big market team can literally have players commit murder and there's no team penalty...player's behavior is not viewed as a product of the team.

Several years ago Fairley was arrested for DWI 2 times in a two week span.....PFT and other pundits called for the lions to forfeit draft picks because of his behavior. It's a fucked-up double standard....the second the lions pick up anyone with any question about his past, they're chided for it.

Cleveland/NE/NY brings in a felon and they're seen as giving players a second chance at redemption....the lions bring in a felon and they're seen as being soft on player behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                So you're like today's diva athlete's that like to beat their chest and tell the world how great you are?
                                Back to back forum fantasy football champion here... I’d just like to say what an honor it’s been skull dragging your teams each year and you paying me money out of your pocket to do so.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X