Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without thinking too hard I’d say 3 but we have competition with the Browns for sure. The Jets too
    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I was surprised. Until they explained every class in that top 10. Peeeee uuuuuu! There's a whole lot of stank there.

One other Lions related thing I noticed too that's kind of telling too. Can you guess it?
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 2007 should be on there, because other than getting Calvin (a chimpanzee could have made that pick) they got nothing but squirrel nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          2007 should be on there, because other than getting Calvin (a chimpanzee could have made that pick) they got nothing but squirrel nuts.
          If I could make that pick again it would have been Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas.

Most likely AP
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• One of the names on that list that I forgot about was Erasmus James. I thought that kid was going to be something.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

If I could make that pick again it would have been Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas.

Most likely AP
              That was a Joe Thomas pick in my book, it's who I lobbied hard for. They needed to either let Backus go or move him to RT.

Comment

• I wanted Joe Thomas at the time but I’m not sure you can pass on AP.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• 2007, you had three 2nd Round picks and come away with Stanton, Alama-Francis, and Alexander. Bad...
                  Could have been worse because didn’t the Lions consider trading down with TB because of a Marinelli crush on (RIP) Gaines Adams? TB loved Calvin...
                  If the Lions did that, surely it would be on the list.

Also, when evaluating draft classes, can you consider it a success if a player leaves the team that drafted them and had a successful NFL career? Probably not.
                  Stanton is still in the NFL and Manny Ramirez had a good tenure with the Broncos.
                  AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• The thing I found interesting as a side note was that the bums listed, the guys that could have been picked instead weren't picked by Detroit either. Even the part where they talk about JJones giving away pick for Roy Williams, the Lions aren't stated to have actually capitalized on it. What a clown show
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I wanted Joe Thomas at the time but I’m not sure you can pass on AP.
                      Joe Thomas was in the Jonathan Ogden/Orlando Pace class of LT's - you can't pass on a guy like that. At 60 million rookie contract too? Easy decision.

Comment

• What’s the consensus here on the 90’s Bills teams?

I’m sure many Lions fans would kill to reach 4 consecutive Super Bowls but watched the 30/30 (great watch) and curious whether people gave them credit for being a great team, losers or a bit of both?

Comment

• wow, that’s big news. Telvin Smith is a big part of the Jags defense... along with Myles Jack, formed an excellent LB duo that led to an elite defense in 2017.

Hope all goes well for Telvin.
                          AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Whoa!

Comment

• Seahawks release Doug Baldwin, Kam Chancellor

Posted by Josh Alper on May 9, 2019, 4:27 PM EDT
                              Getty Images

It’s been known for a while that wide receiver Doug Baldwin‘s future was in doubt after a series of injuries that resulted in three offseason surgeries and it seems the Seahawks don’t believe he’ll be able to play again.

The Seahawks released Baldwin with a failed physical designation on Thursday. There was word recently that Baldwin was leaning toward retiring, but he would have owedthe Seahawks $2.8 million if he did that before being released.

Safety Kam Chancellor has been in a similar spot over the last two years because of the neck injury that ended his playing career. He was also released on Thursday with the same designation.

“The Seahawks have made the difficult decision to terminate/failed physical Doug Baldwin and Kam Chancellor,” General manager John Schneider said in a statement. “These are two of the most iconic players in franchise history and both were instrumental in establishing our championship culture, great examples of competitiveness and leadership on the field and in the community. These legendary players will always be a part of our Seahawks family.”

Baldwin leaves with the second-most touchdown catches and third-most catches and receiving yards in Seahawks history.

The moves don’t change the short-term outlook for the Seahawks as they were not planning to have either player in the lineup this season. It does continue the exodus of players tied to their Super Bowl XLVIII championship. Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright are now the only players on the current roster who played in MetLife Stadium that night.

Comment

• Seahawks sign Nick Bellore, Marcus Martin

Posted by Josh Alper on May 9, 2019, 3:45 PM EDT
                                Getty Images

Free agent signings stopped being used as part of the formula to calculate 2020 compensatory draft picks on Tuesday night and the Seahawks have been busy fleshing out their roster with veterans since that point.

On the heels of word that defensive end Ziggy Ansah and cornerback Jamar Taylor were heading to Seattle comes an announcement from the Seahawks that includes two other additions. Fullback Nick Bellore and guard Marcus Martinare now part of the team.

Bellore broke into the NFL as a linebacker, but moved over to fullback while with the Lions in 2017. He has one carry for no yards and five catches for 16 yards over that span while also seeing regular action on special teams.

Martin was a 2014 third-round pick by the 49ers and he spent last year on the Cowboys’ injured reserve list. He has 24 career starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X