No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this was a Lions player Gonz would sing a much different tune.

I mean.....Gonz was just telling us what a POS Calvin is....over a monitory dispute. But if you’re a Chief....beating the shit out of your kid and significant other doesn’t quite rise to the level of CJ’s offensive behavior.

Comment

• Jon Gruden’s next press conference coming tomorrow

Posted by Mike Florio on June 12, 2019, 6:18 AM EDT

AP

The announcement that the Raiders have drawn the Hard Knocks short straw came with no reaction from Raiders coach Jon Gruden. That reaction is coming on Thursday.

Gruden will meet with reporters at roughly 3:30 p.m. ET tomorrow, in connection with the team’s mandatory minicamp. And at that point we’ll get a feel regarding just how mandatory Oakland’s submission to the will of HBO and NFL Films was, because it was clear before word came that the Raiders will be doing Hard Knocks that they didn’t want to do it. (Indeed, the press release trumpeting the news has no quotes from the head coach.)

Gruden last met with the media on Tuesday, before the announcement came that the Raiders will be doing Hard Knocks. At one point near the end of the session, he said (with some distinct sarcasm) while discussing rookie running back Josh Jacobs, “Who knows, maybe Hard Knocks will come and cover that. That would awesome, wouldn’t it?”

Asked by a reporter for his reaction to brother Jay Gruden trying to lobby for Oakland to be the Hard Knocks team (and not Washington), Jon Gruden said, “I’m not talking to my brother again.”

Jon Gruden will be talking to the media again, and it’s hard not to wonder whether he knew that the Hard Knocks cup was coming his way when he spoke to reporters on Tuesday, even if the reporters didn’t know.

The Raiders were one of five teams that, in theory, could have been compelled to appear on the show. The relatively late date of the announcement has been interpreted as an indication that none of the five wanted to do it. And it’s possible that some sort of backroom deal was done to get the Raiders to agree.

Or maybe the league simply said to the Raiders, “Look, we let you move to Las Vegas, you’re getting the draft next year, and you’re going to be in the Super Bowl rotation. Just shut up and do it.”

But Gruden is never one to shut up, and that could make for an entertaining press conference on Thursday, one for which NFL Films may want to show up, since Gruden’s remarks could end up being compelling enough to put in the first episode of this year’s show.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Asked by a reporter for his reaction to brother Jay Gruden trying to lobby for Oakland to be the Hard Knocks team (and not Washington), Jon Gruden said, “I’m not talking to my brother again.”
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Bears kicking competition still a mess

They’ve now created a situation where no matter what happens, the kicker will be the focal point of their result, with everyone forgetting that their offense didn’t really do much in the loss to the Eagles in January, before Parkey’s miss provided the punctuation. But by making it all about the kicker, all offseason, it provides insulation for the other 52 players on the roster and the coach, since any (inevitable) failure can just be laid at the feet of whichever poor bastard happens to be kicking for them at the moment.

Comment

• That’s what their overrated GM deserves for trying to save a few bucks by releasing Gould. Put all the chips on the table for a one-and-done 3 seed. Enjoy falling back to the mean, 2019 Bears.

Raiders. The safe choice. HBO/ NFL missed a golden opportunity by not picking the Giants. Oh well.
            I’ll toon in for this season of Hard Knocks. Gruden, Carr, AB, Burfict, Incognito, Nathan Peterman, THREE 1ST ROUND PICKS (Ferrell, Jacobs, Abram), and moving to Vegas soon. That sounds entertaining to me.
            AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• My choice for first training camp fight is Incognito vs Burflict

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                My choice for first training camp fight is Incognito vs Burflict
                Mine is Incognito and a random stranger peacefully walking down the street minding his own business then getting pummeled by the offensive lineman’s fists all the while being called a derogatory names and humiliated.

Incognito needs to be heavily medicated and under Magneto type surveillance. He shouldn’t be on any NFL team.

The only team I could see him being tolerated on is the Chiefs. They love the crazy he man woman / kid beaters
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Mine is Incognito and a random stranger peacefully walking down the street minding his own business then getting pummeled by the offensive lineman’s fists all the while being called a derogatory names and humiliated.

Incognito needs to be heavily medicated and under Magneto type surveillance. He shouldn’t be on any NFL team.

The only team I could see him being tolerated on is the Chiefs. They love the crazy he man woman / kid beaters
                  He didn't abuse a wooman or child though. He just wanted to cut his dad's head off. Pfft crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

He didn't abuse a wooman or child though. He just wanted to cut his dad's head off. Pfft crazy
                    True but the Chiefs take all of those deviants
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

LOL.
                      or the Bengals/ Redskins.
                      All seems to tolerate interesting characters...

Forgot to mention Mike Mayock and Mark Davis. Either of those two getting screen time would be gold.
                      Hope they dive into the Vegas aspect of the Raiders... show the work on their new / awesome stadium.
                      AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• I feel sorry for Oakland based Raiders fans. Some of the most passionate in the NFL sacrificed at the altar of Vegas $$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          I feel sorry for Oakland based Raiders fans. Some of the most passionate in the NFL sacrificed at the altar of Vegas $$$.
                          Can't blame the Raiders for moving. Since they were formed they have essentially been renting stadiums. The home of the A's and the home of the USC Trojans.
                          It's high time they get a purpose built, state of the art NFL Football stadium with all the amenities that comes with the 21st Century.

Comment

• Nah, I just think it’s a shame to see the black hole replaced by a load of tourists and day trippers in Vegas.

It might look nice but will it have the atmosphere there?

Comment

Nah, I just think it’s a shame to see the black hole replaced by a load of tourists and day trippers in Vegas.

It might look nice but will it have the atmosphere there?
                              IDK, Vegas has good fans. The people out there are loyal and a little weird. Fits the Raiders.

And Fraq is right. That stadium is gonna be really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing a Raider home game for once. I don't see there being as many issues with the fighting etc... because the Vegas police don't play that. Any issue I ever saw in Vegas was taken care of quickly and swiftly.

Comment

I feel sorry for Oakland based Raiders fans. Some of the most passionate in the NFL sacrificed at the altar of Vegas $$$.
                                To all the faithful Oakland fans, yes... it’s always sad for that specific group of people whenever a franchise leaves a city.

I don’t feel that sorry for Oakland if you compare it to other franchises leaving.
                                - People that live in that area have several other NFL teams they can cheer for because California has too many franchises. SF, LAR, and LAC being really close to Oakland.
                                - The “Black Hole” has a reputation of being a bunch of dangerous assholes. Not sure how true it is, but @ Oakland is the last place I’d ever want to go as an opposing fan.
                                - No more shitty A’s stadium in the NFL.
                                - Vegas is awesome. Gives me reason to plan a Vegas trip around a home Raiders game. Check out the new stadium.

State of Nevada has a decent population. They deserve a NFL team.
                                While their new NHL team won right away, they supported that team really well.
                                AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

Working...
                                X