Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

NFL News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FVD View Post

Carl Cheffers was the ref in that game. He's been a backup ref since 2008 and an NFL official since 2001. He is not a backup ref, for sure.
    Did he ref the second half?
    Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert
    I promise to deliver Super Bowl victories

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Did he ref the second half?
      Hell if I know. I barely watch Lions preseason games, I don't watch regular preseason games. Did Murray play in the 2nd half?
      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post

Hell if I know. I barely watch Lions preseason games, I don't watch regular preseason games. Did Murray play in the 2nd half?

Who is Murray? Kyler Murray?

Comment

• I need to get checked for ear bleed.

If not this time, then the next time I ever hear an announcer proclaim, "Eric Ebron, what a great reclamation project for these Indianapolis Colts."

Heard that moments ago while watching 1 of 7 DVR'd pre-c games I'll partially watch, if at all.
          SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Oh, he's such a specimen...LOFL

DK METCALF, WR, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
            DK Metcalf (knee) will have surgery this week but isn't expected to be sidelined too long.

This could be a knee scope, but we're awaiting official word from the team. If that's the case, Metcalf could be looking on the wrong side of questionable for Week 1, but the Seahawks are optimistic that's not the case. Metcalf's injury history is one of the reasons why he "fell" in the 2019 NFL Draft, so they'd be smart to not rush him back. When he returns, Metcalf is expected to start in two-receiver sets with Tyler Lockett.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
            Aug 18, 2019, 11:46 PM ET
            SHOW me, don't TELL me. Still waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              Oh, he's such a specimen...LOFL

DK METCALF, WR, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
              DK Metcalf (knee) will have surgery this week but isn't expected to be sidelined too long.

This could be a knee scope, but we're awaiting official word from the team. If that's the case, Metcalf could be looking on the wrong side of questionable for Week 1, but the Seahawks are optimistic that's not the case. Metcalf's injury history is one of the reasons why he "fell" in the 2019 NFL Draft, so they'd be smart to not rush him back. When he returns, Metcalf is expected to start in two-receiver sets with Tyler Lockett.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
              Aug 18, 2019, 11:46 PM ET
              Millen woulda taken him in the 1st.

Comment

These usually aren't the real refs. They're backup refs in preseason. So we will see how it's called when the real refs are in there.
                Originally posted by FVD View Post

Carl Cheffers was the ref in that game. He's been a backup ref since 2008 and an NFL official since 2001. He is not a backup ref, for sure.
                They're not backups.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Millen woulda taken him in the 1st.
                  He would have traded all our picks to move to pick him #1 in the draft
                  eddie murphy laughing GIF
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kliff Kingsbury: Cardinals aren’t showing actual offense in preseason

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 19, 2019, 5:45 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Cardinals have a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback, bringing new offensive principles to the NFL.

And if you watch them in the preseason, you’ll see almost none of that offense.

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury admitted to Peter King of NBC’sFootball Morning in America that they are very deliberately not showing the bulk of the offensive scheme Kyler Murray will be in charge of in exhibition games — making them a bigger waster of time and money for fans than they already were.

“The games, we’re trying to keep it close to the vest, obviously,” Kingsbury said. “We’re trying to get our players used to playing with each other. But . . . it’s interesting for me, because this is the NFL, and I’ve never called a game in my life where I wasn’t in straight attack mode. Kyler and I are adjusting to that.”

Asked what they were actually preparing for, and Kingsbury had a list of non-football play items.

“That’s a great question,” he said. “For us, it’s operations. Getting guys lined up. Proper footwork. Things like that. It’s a challenge for Kyler. He wants to play. He wants to have success right away. He wants to light up every field he gets on. He’s been trying to get more put in to these game plans. ‘Are we game-planning this week? Are we game-planning? Can we do what we do?’ That’s been fun to see. He wants to go out and shine. He always has been the best, wherever he’s played. He expects to be the best. That’s what drives him.”

Of course, the Cardinals are installing the fun stuff in practice, in front of far fewer eyes (and paying customers), giving them some degree of element of surprise early in the regular season. Which they may well need, since their roster may not be very good.

Comment

• Bengals remember Cedric Benson

Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2019, 4:00 PM EDT
                      Getty Images

Even though he was the fourth overall draft pick of the Bears, the late Cedric Benson had his best NFL seasons with the Bengals. The team has issued a pair of statements in the wake of his passing.

“Cedric was a fine football player for us,” Bengals president Mike Brown said. “He played a principal role for several years here, including a couple of playoff runs. He was from Texas, and he showed his Texas toughness in leading us to a division championship in just his second season with us. His three consecutive 1,000-yard seasons displayed the talent he possessed. Our organization is deeply saddened by his sudden and tragic passing. The Bengals extend our deepest condolences to Cedric’s family.”

Former Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson praised the player who reached his NFL potential in Cincinnati.

“Once he bought into our system, he was like a flower,” Anderson said. “He just blossomed. He gave us an element we didn’t have. We had complementary guys, but Cedric gave us a missing element. He was a good man. He was one of my guys and it hurts. Life is too short.”

Benson’s tenure in Cincinnati ended after Benson balked at a plan to share touches with Bernard Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

They're not backups.
                        Yeah I watched and was seeing the real refs in there. Maybe it's the 2nd half that the backups do. The original point was that the real refs flagged Murray for a false start and I see that now. Bad call. Well... it's preC for everybody I guess.

Edit - I don't watch the 2nd half of preC, but maybe I should just to see the refs.

Comment

• I don't think they change refs at half time. They're not socks IL

Comment

• I've seen it before, I swears.

Comment

• He's such a fruit cake
                              Antonio Brown Files A New Helmet Grievance

Comment

• Jerruh might have opened his big yap one time too many...
                                Ezekiel Elliott found “Zeke who?” quip disrespectful

Posted by Josh Alper on August 19, 2019, 2:06 PM EDT

Getty Images

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones went for a laugh after Saturday night’s game against the Rams when he was asked about running back Ezekiel Elliott‘s ongoing holdout.

Jones quipped “Zeke who?” in response to the question and then went on to say that “we’re having some fun, not at your expense” in reference to Elliott. Elliott didn’t find it as amusing as Jones.

Elliott’s agent Rocky Arceneaux told Chris Mortensen of ESPN what he and his client thought of Jones’s remark.

“I didn’t think it was funny and neither did Zeke — we actually thought it was disrespectful,” Arceneaux said.

The quickest way to putting a smile back on Elliott’s face would likely be to give him what he’s looking for on the contract front. Mortensen adds that there’s been “no real activity yet on negotiations,” however, and that suggests it may be a while before anything happens in that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X