No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have no idea how we ended up getting R Jax for basically used parts. That was incredible.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well he was a rental before the Pistons gave him 80 million. So there is that too.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I still have no idea how we ended up getting R Jax for basically used parts. That was incredible.
        The same way most teams get good players on the cheap.

They take advantage of sellers desperate to get "something" rather than get anything approximating decent value.

Comment

• I'm interested to see what happens tonight. 2-0 Chicago @ 2-0 Detroit.
          Pistons haven't had a chance to go 3-0 in a while... Both teams are playing well.

I'd think typically a team like Chicago wins this game, but we haven't seen SVG coach a game like this yet in Detroit.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Pistons have to find a way to slow down mirotic....He will eat Ilya alive.

Comment

• Ersan is good at taking charges, but really is a liability on defense.
              Favors and Millsap/ Horford have easily scored against him in the post so far this season.

But we knew that's what the Pistons would get with him. Stretch the floor on offense, not that good on defense.... Though I think he plays with good effort.
              Last edited by Cody_Russell; October 30, 2015, 03:47 PM. Reason: Spell Check
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                Pistons have to find a way to slow down mirotic....He will eat Ilya alive.
                Mirotic isn't a power 4 like Millsap and Favors. He's actually similar to Ilyasova himself. I think he matches up a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Ersan is good at taking charges, but really is a liability on defense.
                  Favors and Millsap/ Horford have easily scored against him in the post so far this season.

But we knew that's what the Pistons would get with him. Stretch the floor on offense, not that good on defense.... Though I think he plays with good effort.
                  Yeah. I think he's a good fit for the team still though. And those charges really are great and get the team defense fired up.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Morris is a revelation so far. Stan the GM is looking good.

Comment

• Morris is a revelation so far. Stan the GM is looking good.

Comment

• You can say that again
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I can't believe this team is 3-0. We're on pace for the best record of all time.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The teams the Pistons beat are undefeated except for their loss vs Detroit.
                            Hopefully they can take care of 0-2 Indiana at home before their west coast trip.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 3-0 against solid teams is a good sign, but teams win 3 games in a row all the time. I'm optimistic, but there is still a lot to prove.

Now that said, the fact they are winning with defense is fantastic. The offense will come so if they can maintain that defense, they'll be a challenge for any team to beat.

Comment

• Nice little local article talking about the team effects of Ersan taking all those charges.

The power forward has drawn six charges in three games, which Stan Van Gundy praised, and Reggie Jackson acknowledged was his inspiration for drawing two charges in Friday's win over the Bulls.

His overall defense is pretty poor, but those charges are really valuable and offsets a lot of his other defensive struggles.

Comment

Working...
                                X