Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differing opinions

No biggie.

I haven't watched a full nba game in years now so i am entirely unaffected by it anymore.

Such a horrible sport.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• When the Lakers got bad he stopped watching. Frontrunner.

Plus the game has gotten better not worse, he wouldn't know. Gone is the tiresome isolation play.

When you are fouling the inbounds passer or sending in the 12th man to foul a guy 5 times in 9 seconds it has gone beyond "make your free throws." At least with Shaq they were hacking him largely when he got the ball.

Comment

• Yep, yep and yep.

Comment

• there are very few sports that I can think of where repeatedly and intentionally violating the rules is not only a accepted strategy, but actually rewarded by the rulebook.
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• It really is a bad rule.....I can see an intentional foul to stop play because of an injury or some other issue, but to use it to put a bad free throw shooter at the line is just awful...Its bad for the fans and its bad for the game.....Fans don't want to pay $100 to see a game then get Andre Drummond shooting 36 free throws....They want to see him slamming home alley oops and off boards.

Comment

• Best 2 minutes in sports: last 2 minutes of a close hockey game
              Worst 30 minutes in sports: last 2 minutes of a close basketball game
              The only logical explanation is:
              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I don't mind the last two minute fouling, it is the intentional fouling in the 1st half. In the last two minutes it can be tedious but no worse than the the stupid kneel down in football in the last two minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I don't mind the last two minute fouling, it is the intentional fouling in the 1st half. In the last two minutes it can be tedious but no worse than the the stupid kneel down in football in the last two minutes.
                  I agree. Fouling late in the game is a proven strategy. If you want to make the last two minutes less tedious, don't allow teams to call time out and don't let them go to replay
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The timeouts are bad.

Comment

The timeouts are bad.
                      Yeah they are. Make the coaches coach in practice and let the players play the game in the game.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

The timeouts are bad.
                        And 6 a half is way too many...make it 3 a half like football

Comment

• It isn't 6 a half. It is 6 over the whole game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown View Post
                            Been saying it for years...The NBA needs to structure contracts like the NFL.
                            It may sound harsh and favor the owner but too damn bad.

The NBA would be a hell of lot more competitive & entertaining if these fat cats knew their job/contract was on the line.
                            The nba was waaaaaayyyyyyy ahead of the NFL in rookie contract structure, never paying the new guy more than the established stars. I was calling for the nfl to adopt the nba pay structure long before the nfl got their heads out of their arse and finally did just that several years back.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

I don't mind the last two minute fouling, it is the intentional fouling in the 1st half. In the last two minutes it can be tedious but no worse than the the stupid kneel down in football in the last two minutes.
                              Channeling you inner Pisarcik I see.....

Comment

It isn't 6 a half. It is 6 over the whole game.

Well almost every game I see both teams have 6 left at the end of the game...What I think happens is that the others are considered TV timeouts and arent really charged to one of the teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X