Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
    With the new year comes another chance to be crowned the champion of the 3rd Annual tin mad dog's OVER/UNDER Predictions Contest. The categories will be up a little later in the preseason.

The Winner will get an original piece (likely an 8.5" x 11" print) of "art" from tin mad dog!

Last year's award looked like this:

For whatever reason, I was sent to this post after submitting my last post. I still enjoy this, if not the years that prompted its creation.

Comment

• Looking at the draft prospects this year I see some solid choices. I still really like Denzel Valentine for this team, but there are some interesting other options in the middle picks this year too.

A couple more I like -

Wade Baldwin PG

If they can't keep Jenning's I'd love to see them replace the backup PG role with somebody that has potential on the defensive side and can shoot. This kids a nice prospect on both fronts. He seems like, on the surface, to be a pretty safe pick too.

Zhou Qi PF/C

This guy strikes me as a Chinese Kenny Kaminski with a little more mobility. A gamble pick for sure, but also potentially a great fit with Drummond.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        Looking at the draft prospects this year I see some solid choices. I still really like Denzel Valentine for this team, but there are some interesting other options in the middle picks this year too.

A couple more I like -

Wade Baldwin PG

If they can't keep Jenning's I'd love to see them replace the backup PG role with somebody that has potential on the defensive side and can shoot. This kids a nice prospect on both fronts. He seems like, on the surface, to be a pretty safe pick too.

Zhou Qi PF/C

This guy strikes me as a Chinese Kenny Kaminski with a little more mobility. A gamble pick for sure, but also potentially a great fit with Drummond.
        That Chinese guy gets brutally posterized 3 minutes into his weaknesses video. Has potential tho.
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Lol...Just glanced at box score for the all-star game...92-90 west over east...At the half.

Comment

• KCP is supposed to be back after the All-star break. That should help, but I was pretty impressed with Hilliard's play. He's pretty skilled, can shoot, and is making mostly good choices with the ball. Seems like he might be ready to be a legit backup SG in the NBA.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• It was probably a big help to Hilliard that he played 4 years of college.....On the other hand hes that much closer to his peak.....Even so he seems to be a better prospect than Bullock.

Comment

• Im not sure who Tobias Harris is, but he is now a Piston. Jennings and Ilysavova are not.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Great trade for Pistons, Harris will be starter and will contribute
                    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Hoyshit. Seriously? Who the hell is that?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This dude is a SF? Arent we in desperate need for a PF?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He's a combo SF/PF. In theory a good match for Drummond if he can get his 3-pointer stroke working again.

I'm not sure this is a good trade. A health Jennings is a good PG (even if he can't play defense) and Ersan is actually a pretty solid player and probably the teams best 3 point shooter. Maybe Harris will thrive in SVG's system. Hopefully. We'll see.

Comment

• Seems VanGundy did a great job in making a trade that would be allowed and add young good talent to get ready to make a run.

Getting rid of Monroe made me a fan of him first.

Being willing to let go of Jennings. Well, he had a real amazing streak right before he got injured. I am not so sure how well he has healed but, he healed well enough for someone else to think he can still play.

I liked Jennings but thought his injury was a career changer.

Nice move.

Getting ready to compete....
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Pistons just lost a lot of cap room for the next off season... Harris better be a great fit for this trade to work in the long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                The Pistons just lost a lot of cap room for the next off season... Harris better be a great fit for this trade to work in the long term.
                                I am not sure if cap space makes a difference in the NBA but, in the NFL, it is money, money, money. Blah, blah, blah.

......but I think he is building a good nucleus and only injuries will prevent this team from winning games.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X