No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man the team looked rusty. Andre hasn't been dominating in a while too. Watching Tobias on offense compared to the rest of the team was a revelation though. It had been since maybe Hamilton since I last saw a true efficient scorer on the Pistons. The team looked like crap, but somehow I came away optimistic.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• It was obvious KCP was insanely rusty, if he hit like 3 of the 9 or so open 3 looks he had it would have been a different game.

The other major problem was it seemed the piston had no answer for either PG from the Wizards whenever they penetrated. Blake could not guard anyone and the help defense for Jackson was leaving guys open all day. The Wizards were making their open looks, the Pistons just weren't.
      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        The process sounds a lot different than I thought it would be. But its interesting

AUBURN HILLS -- The credit tends to always flow to Stan Van Gundy, for the wins, the draft picks and the trades.
        The Detroit Pistons coach and president of basketball operations was lauded once again this week by national pundits for their two pre-deadline deals.
        But the reality of it all?
        "I sat in a meeting for 15 minutes this morning," Van Gundy said Thursday, after reports came out the Pistons traded for forwards Marcus Thornton and Donatas Motiejunas.
        Instead, Van Gundy credited general manager Jeff Bower, his three assistants, Pat Garrity, director of strategic planning, and Detroit's group of four pro scouts: Adam Glessner, Tom Barrise, Al Walker and Rob Werdann.
        "These guys worked hours and hours and hours," Van Gundy said. "And then I sort of listened to everything. I basically go with what they say all the time anyway.
        "They're making the decisions. When I first got the job, Tom (Gores) said that 99 percent of the time the process makes the decision. I think he's absolutely right - we've got a good process here, where Jeff goes out and looks for deals and then the group comes together."
        Van Gundy credited Bower as the one responsible for landing Tobias Harris from the Orlando Magic and called the second-year general manager a great personality who lacks ego.
        "Because I think he does all the work ? all the scouts and the assistant GMs do the work, and if people think the trade is good I get the credit," Van Gundy said. "So it is, a little bit, it's got to be tough.
        "I don't think I've over-ruled them or done anything even once. Really, the process that's set up, makes the decision. And then I come and talk to you guys (the media) about it."
        Agreed.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• SVG's role as GM is that he has the final say over personnel decisions, which IMO is all he ever wanted out of the gig.

He might not be doing the groundwork, but he's the guy pulling the trigger.

Comment

• It makes sense but in my head its SVG working the phones like in MoneyBall.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• in case you haven't seen the movie it stars Brad Pitt and Gonz!
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• And Mrs. G

lol
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                  Man the team looked rusty. Andre hasn't been dominating in a while too. Watching Tobias on offense compared to the rest of the team was a revelation though. It had been since maybe Hamilton since I last saw a true efficient scorer on the Pistons. The team looked like crap, but somehow I came away optimistic.
                  Yes was enjoyable to watch Harris score in a variety of ways...Andre and Reggie both havent been as good at either end of the floor the last 20 games or so.....Basically if those two dont win the C/PG matchup then the Pistons are done.

Comment

• F me man. This shit is starting to get depressing around here. The stones and the wings are sucking as of late.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• On top of that the Motiejunas trade could be voided since he still hasn't passed a physical yet. That's not a great sign
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah our hopes were a little higher this year with the start the team got off to and looking like Reggie and Andre were taking the next step to becoming solid star players but it has regressed here the past 2 months.....Worst part about this team I cant even remember their last playoff victory it has been so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          On top of that the Motiejunas trade could be voided since he still hasn't passed a physical yet. That's not a great sign
                          To be honest, I'm hoping that trade is voided. 25 year old 7 footers with significant back problems is a big big risk.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Unexpectedly the east is the much deeper division this year too. Lots of middling east teams took a solid step this season. I'm hoping the Pistons can count themselves of one of them still yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                              To be honest, I'm hoping that trade is voided. 25 year old 7 footers with significant back problems is a big big risk.
                              I was initially against the trade but the more i watch him play the better it looks. Although I can't recall the last time a team had to file for an extension like this. It doesn't look all that good.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Trade voided.

Comment

Working...
                                X