No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You only can shoot threes from anywhere if you can hit them, Curry and Thompson can. If you can hit 28 foot jumpers with consistency you should shoot them because it opens up everytbing.

They have to win the championship to be considered one of the best teams ever but if you follow up a championship with a 73 win title winning season, you shouldn't have to do too much more to be in that convo.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      You only can shoot threes from anywhere if you can hit them, Curry and Thompson can. If you can hit 28 foot jumpers with consistency you should shoot them because it opens up everytbing.

They have to win the championship to be considered one of the best teams ever but if you follow up a championship with a 73 win title winning season, you shouldn't have to do too much more to be in that convo.
      Pretty much. The additional point you get really doesn't change much in that respect. Even if it was only worth 2, if you can consistently hit a shot from that far out, you do it simply because at some point, the defense has to step out to meet you, and that makes everything else easier.

Comment

• I was with a female interest last night so I missed it.

"I want them to lose because I am tired of the "best team ever" talk. Let them win a few more titles before that talk begins."
        ----------------------------------------------Same here.

"As for the "best ever" stuff? Yeah... if they win the title, they'd certainly have an argument for having the best season ever (though their struggles in the playoffs would leave open plenty of room for argument)."
        ----------------------------------------------------

Never. They're a bunch of pansy asses. They would never beat the Celtics Bird team, or the LA Magic team............................or the Piston team. They're a bunch of pansies
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• If they win the NBA championship on top of the 73 win season they are the best single season team ever. Period.

I like watching them play, they are fun as hell.

That being said, I think the Cavs will win. They almost beat GSW last year without Love or Irving.

On a Pistons note, congrats to Andre Drummond for being named 3rd team all NBA.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• GO OKC!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I agree that Cleveland will win.

OKC chokes when they play LeBron and yea, Cleveland did almost win with Dellavedova / Tristan Thompson as their 2nd and 3rd best players last NBA Finals.

I hope Cleveland doesn't win, but they probably will.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You have to give Golden State some credit ... they have a chance to climb out of a 3-1 hole.

Local sports radio was trying to compare them to the 18-1 Patriots ... saying who choked worst.

Well ... the Warriors haven't choked yet.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  Never. They're a bunch of pansy asses. They would never beat the Celtics Bird team, or the LA Magic team............................or the Piston team. They're a bunch of pansies
                  Depends entirely on the rules this theoretical game plays by. This years' Warriors and say the 1996 Bulls were largely the products of how the game was called.

Throw these Warriors into the free-grabbing, hand checking, big bodied NBA of the 80's and 90's? Sure, they get bullied and ground into dust.

But call that game by current rules, and even the 1996 Bulls are sucking wind or fouling out halfway through the third quarter while the Warriors are running them ragged and dropping threes at will.

Comment

• agree ... basketball is so different know then it was 20 years ago they almost don't resemble the same game.

Watch tape of Isiah Thomas ... he made shots, that current NBA players would even try.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Depends entirely on the rules this theoretical game plays by. This years' Warriors and say the 1996 Bulls were largely the products of how the game was called.

Throw these Warriors into the free-grabbing, hand checking, big bodied NBA of the 80's and 90's? Sure, they get bullied and ground into dust.

But call that game by current rules, and even the 1996 Bulls are sucking wind or fouling out halfway through the third quarter while the Warriors are running them ragged and dropping threes at will.
                      That's why basketball SUCKS!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I wish basketball was like it was 20 years ago (though I never watched it based on my age)... But.... $$$$
                        Same thing happened with the NFL
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          That's why basketball SUCKS!!!
                          Really? I love this open style of play FAR more than the glorified one on one of twenty years ago.

Watch me throw myself a defender and flail about like I've been shot! That's winning basketball! Yeah!

Skills? Talent? Bah! Who needs that shit? Just get the biggest dude you can, and have him use his ass like a battering arm until he throws up a clumsy-looking eight foot hook shot! FUCK YEAH!

Get with the times, old man. This game is FAR better than it used to be and FAR more fun to watch.

Comment

• Players are just much better at basketball nowadays. Nobody shot like Curry or Thompson back in the Bad Boys era. Bird was a good shooter but he didn't show the range. And there was nobody back then who had the ball handling skills Curry has

It does depend on the rules, but if you are hitting 28 foot shots at a percentage in the high 30s the way they call the game doesn't matter as much.

Comment

• What impresses me most about todays players is how easily they can shoot a ball 25 feet.....I dont know if its hgh, improved conditioning, genetics, or what but they are clearly stronger and more athletic than in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                                What impresses me most about todays players is how easily they can shoot a ball 25 feet.....I dont know if its hgh, improved conditioning, genetics, or what but they are clearly stronger and more athletic than in the past.
                                Absolutely. When I was in high school 40 years ago a shot from the top of the key was a long shot. Now middle school kids are taking those shot regularly.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X