No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was more of a West Coast thing from what I remember. The East was more bump, grind and defend like mad men. Growing up watching East coast ball made me like that style better.

Hales, decades before the brawl at the Palace, Dave Bing was being chased through the stands.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      It was more of a West Coast thing from what I remember. The East was more bump, grind and defend like mad men. Growing up watching East coast ball made me like that style better.

Hales, decades before the brawl at the Palace, Dave Bing was being chased through the stands.
      Hey, I don't mind good defensive basketball. I loved that 2004 Eastern Conference Finals.

What I DIDN'T like was the iso game that flourished in the mid-90's to the late aughts. Get the ball to your superstar, clear out so that he could work, and maybe he'd pass it someone if he drew a double-team. Maybe.

Chances are he'd draw a foul if a defender so much as breathed on him, so it wasn't particularly a good play for say, Dwayne Wade or Allen Iverson to give up the ball once he got it.

It was a pretty dreadful game, and I'm glad to see it going the way of the dodo.

Comment

• Wtf is up with Green and the nut shots? That shit is getting weird
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Green was kinda a weird dude even at MSU. He's merely stepped his game up in the pros.

Comment

• I'd love to have him on the Stones squad but he's friggin weird. Can you imagine him doing that shit in the Bad Boys era? He'd have had his teeth knocked out
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Wtf is up with Green and the nut shots? That shit is getting weird
              I've seen some sports blogs start referring to him as "The Sterilizer"
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• He has to cool it with that nonsense, it probably cost them the game last night. He has a little Luis Suarez in him where he needs to play on the edge to be successful and it spills over. Instead of biting people it is nut shots.

Comment

• I've been a Draymond fan for years but he is becoming really annoying to watch with his antics and whining.

Comment

• Yep

Comment

• Really found it amusing in Game 4 when he went back to bitch about a non call and the ball comes right to him and he's too busy whining and the Cavs go the other way. For someone who relies on how hard he plays, that was a big black eye. He's gotta knock that shit off.

Comment

• I still wish we'd have drafted him tho!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Draymond's winner and an extremely cerebral player. 95% of his antics are to either get his team fired up or to get into the heads of the other team. Sometimes his emotions spill over like froot said though.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Here's an interesting article ostensibly about the Chicago Bull's 72-win season, but really highlights the differences between the game then and now.

Over the past 20 years basketball has evolved from a sport based around throwing the ball to brutes in the post into one based around flighty sprites flinging three-pointers from ever-increasing distances. But in watching a Bulls-Knicks game from 1996, it was illuminating to understand how this actually happened. That…

Comment

• Wow, the Warriors looked like a steaming pile of shit in that first quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Wow, the Warriors looked like a steaming pile of shit in that first quarter.
                                Eh... It's an NBA game. It will take 4 hours to play. The first quarter doesn't mean shit.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X