No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Pistons waived Josh Smith today .... using a 'stretch exemption'?? Can somebody who actually like the NBA tell me what that means?
    Forever One!

Comment

• Stretching the cap implications over more years.

Comment

• SVG making waves
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
          So the Pistons waived Josh Smith today .... using a 'stretch exemption'?? Can somebody who actually like the NBA tell me what that means?
          No idea... but when I read something that explains it I'll come back and give a 'modern jackass' take on it.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Its about time they waived Charlie Vilanouva!!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So from what I understand, his contract amount left (28mill) is spread over the next 5 years. So it ends up being a bit over 5 mill per season.

Now that said, I think the pistons can reduce how much they are on the hook for if Josh signs with another team, depending on how much they pay him. That part is less clear though.

Comment

• The shitty thing is that most of teams are already close to the cap so he'll probably only get vet minimum.. but every little bit counts.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  And I do not think Davis has a very smart FO working on his behalf. Tyreke? Jrue Holiday? These are the compliments that you paid through the nose to bring in?
                  You will get compliments when you correctly use complement correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                    So the Pistons waived Josh Smith today .... using a 'stretch exemption'?? Can somebody who actually like the NBA tell me what that means?
                    Good riddance.

Comment

• The 76ers might claim him so that they suck worse.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                        Good riddance.
                        Amen. I'll bet teams were requiring the Pistons to give up a pick (a la Ben Gordon) to take on his contract in trade. So just waive him. Now they have 45-50 games to see if they can change Monroe's mind. And if not, they will have a ton of cap space going forward. Bold move today. I like it.

Comment

• What a disaster signing that I was right on board for.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            What a disaster signing that I was right on board for.
                            Me too. I wasn't wild about the Jennings trade, but I thought JS would help the Pistons into the 8th seed. Boy was I wrong.

Comment

• Go Jazz.

My team is less shit than yours, haha.

Comment

• Looks like Houston and Miami are the leaders in landing Smith.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X