No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its an arms race right now as it is. No one is beating Cleveland or GSW for a while. Especially once Cleveland swings some kind of ridiculous Paul George trade/ Melo buyout and sign.
    1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I would let him walk but you lose an asset. Easy for chemiclord to pooh pooh getting into the playoffs, but he's not selling tickets. he is an anonymous message board poster.
      Yeah, because those two home playoff games are what flip a flailing season into a successful one.

Because yeah, let's not pretend the Pistons would do anything other than get swept.

Why the fuck should ANYONE cry over losing KCP? His winshare/48 is good for 220th in the NBA. He's so marginally above replacement level that it would be of no significance.
      Last edited by chemiclord; June 19, 2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• It is less about the playoff games than selling tickets to regular season games, the Pistons don't draw anybody when they suck.

Comment

It is less about the playoff games than selling tickets to regular season games, the Pistons don't draw anybody when they suck.
          They aren't showing up because everyone and their mother knows the Pistons have no chance no matter how good they are. What's the point if the only thing to be decided is when you get fed to the Cavs?

Comment

• You wouldn't show up, but that's not true for other people, plenty of arenas draw very well knowing they will get served up on a platter in the playoffs. The Pistons as a franchise have never been like that, if they are bad the fans do not show up. When they show signs of life people show up in droves.

You're making the mistake of projecting your feelings onto the general public.

Comment

Pistons as a franchise have never been like that, if they are bad the fans do not show up. When they show signs of life people show up in droves.
              Therefore, the Pistons must not be showing any signs of life because they had the worst attendance rate in the NBA last season. Same core is coming back!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• In Froot's world, scrambling into the playoffs as an 8-seed then being waved away like a stale fart by the Cavs are "signs of life."

For everyone else in the real world, that's nothing to be impressed by or proud of.

Comment

• Getting in the playoffs isn't limited exclusively to the 8 seed in my world. I still wonder why you thought Boban was a good signing, a possible steal if you were all for tanking.

Comment

Getting in the playoffs isn't limited exclusively to the 8 seed in my world. I still wonder why you thought Boban was a good signing, a possible steal if you were all for tanking.
                    Because (clearly I need to say this again) I'm not inherently for or against tanking. If the Pistons COULD rebuild in another way like the Celtics or Warriors did, I'd be fine with that too. Boban was a flyer on a guy with potential, the sort of flyers you take.

Of course, the Pistons then promptly buried him on the bench and went all-in with Drummond, telling me that nope, these guys aren't smart enough to build a team. Their only chance is to get lucky.

Do stop trying to deflect. It's not a good look for you.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; June 19, 2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• So you are not tanking unless the season turns out bad and then you are retroactively for tanking and letting Drummond walk. Got it......

Comment

So you are not tanking unless the season turns out bad and then you are retroactively for tanking and letting Drummond walk. Got it......
                        Nope. Stop twisting my words because you're caught and don't want to continue to look foolish.

I'm now for tanking because the Pistons don't deserve the faith that they can build a team without getting lucky on a superstar. They've had plenty of chances to recapture their 2004 magic, and have failed miserably.

Maybe they'll get lucky with a mid-round pick, but the odds aren't in their favor.

Look deep within yourself, and you'll know I'm right. Van Gundy's had three years at this point. If the Pistons had the capability of putting a team together "one piece at a time" like you espouse, don't you think we'd be seeing SOME signs of that by now?

Comment

• I'm not the one who said I was willing to let Drummond walk when there is no evidence of that.

I have no problem dealing these guys off but there are no takers.

Comment

I have no problem dealing these guys off but there are no takers.
                            Well hell, we agree on something. At this point, the Pistons are kinda stuck.

Comment

• That's what I've been saying, they are stuck, if you are stuck you have to try and get better. Hopefully they can play better and some of their players become more valuable.

Comment

That's what I've been saying, they are stuck, if you are stuck you have to try and get better. Hopefully they can play better and some of their players become more valuable.
                                Well, how do they get better? They clearly can't do it the "piece by piece" way you want them to, or we'd some signs of it coming together.

The only option I see is to tank and pray they get lucky in the lottery. I mean, hell... it wouldn't be that hard. Just keep Drummond in late in the fourth under the guise of "trying to get him crunch time action to work out his weaknesses" or some shit. They'll lose 55 games with ease that way.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; June 19, 2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X