No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You hope these guys get better than maybe you trade them, it's tread water time. You hope that Reggie Jackson is healthy because that injury totally killed them last year. Unfortunately they went all in with this cast of characters last summer, the time to speak up was last summer. Certainly nobody in here spoke up. You cannot do much now. I have no loyalty to Drummond but just trading to trade him isn't wise, especially if it means trading future draft picks to shed salaries.

Comment

• I'm not sure waiting out Lebron in the East is the correct strategy. If the tea leaves of the last two days are to be read, Gonz will be back big time as a NBA and Laker fan.

Comment

• Eve of the draft. Looks like some crazy stuff is going to happen. Your Pistons predictions? I'm going to guess Z Collins or Kennard, though both could be off the board by 12.
        Last edited by fontes91; June 22, 2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Think of the most one-dimensional player with questionable shooting available, and that'll be the Pistons pick.

Comment

• I don't even care anymore. God man I used to be the biggest Piston fan ever. Like even in the down years I'd get League Pass and watch every single game. I mean I might miss a total of 4 or 5 games out of an entire season. This team though is soooooooo unlikable to me for some reason. Nowadays when they're in season I just check the box score real quick on my phone. They lost again? Okay whatever. And back in the day it would be unfathomable for me to miss a moment of the NBA draft but I won't even watch one second of it tonight. I'll check the Freep and see who they drafted and that'll be the last time I even think about whomever that ends up being until next season when I see his name in the box scores.
            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
              Your Pistons predictions?
              Pistons pull a WTF "Billy King"-like trade by acquiring Paul George... giving up Stanley and a lot of the future. Their intent is to make a playoff run next year, when in reality, they don't stand a chance.
              As Pistons fans are like:

But really, Pistons just stick at #12 and pick some crap like Kennard.
              Hopefully trade Drummond and RJ ... start the Hinkie strategy.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                I don't even care anymore. God man I used to be the biggest Piston fan ever. Like even in the down years I'd get League Pass and watch every single game. I mean I might miss a total of 4 or 5 games out of an entire season. This team though is soooooooo unlikable to me for some reason. Nowadays when they're in season I just check the box score real quick on my phone. They lost again? Okay whatever. And back in the day it would be unfathomable for me to miss a moment of the NBA draft but I won't even watch one second of it tonight. I'll check the Freep and see who they drafted and that'll be the last time I even think about whomever that ends up being until next season when I see his name in the box scores.
                With age, come better priorities.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  With age, come better priorities.
                  And in your case a downswing in the Lakers' fortune. Fear not, Lebron will be there soon enough.

Comment

• I watched fewer than 10 games last year, only a couple after Reggie returned. I think Reggie needs to go. I too am mostly apathetic toward the team and hopes Stan shakes it up - maybe even by hiring a coach.

Comment

• I wouldn't shed a tear if anyone was dealt, but I did think they looked pretty good 2 years ago with the Reggie/Drummond pick and roll offense. But last year was a freaking disaster. There is nothing like locking in with a roster and figuring out less than a year later that there it is disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        And in your case a downswing in the Lakers' fortune. Fear not, Lebron will be there soon enough.
                        Liars lie, making you a pro.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Nothing in that post was a lie

Rejoice, after next season you will have new toys.

Comment

• Gilbert fired an underpaid gm that Lebron liked. Lebron has his reason to go. He brought a title to Cleveland, ans unless something drastic happens (they are able to obtain another superstar) Lebron is gone next year. Reportedly Kyrie is also telling others that he wants to be traded. Jackass Gilbert shines again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              Pistons pull a WTF "Billy King"-like trade by acquiring Paul George... giving up Stanley and a lot of the future. Their intent is to make a playoff run next year, when in reality, they don't stand a chance.
                              As Pistons fans are like:
                              We don't have anything the Pacers would want for George even if he's a 1 year rental. We need to somehow rid ourselves of Reggie Jackson and Drummond and start from scratch.

Its sad because I really thought Drummond was going to turn into a straight up baller but it looks like he's a complementary piece of a baller only when things are going well. He's never going to be the man with his mentality.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Unfortunately for Drummond, he showed so much early potential, that projection wasn't out of line. But he was never good defensively, you hope his athletic ability would translate into better defense but so far it hasn't. Defense is much harder in today's NBA, especially for a big guy. In the smash mouth basketball era of the 90s to mid 00s, he would be a lot more valuable.

He's still young, but that is of little solace when he is a max player.

Comment

Working...
                                X