Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope signs one-year deal with Lakers

Caldwell-Pope has agreed to a one-year, $18 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN. The deal makes Caldwell-Pope one of the 10 highest-paid shooting guards in the NBA.
    Last edited by Futureshock; July 12, 2017, 11:22 AM.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Most of the development is on the player himself, always has been. In the pros you have to win games and you don't have practice time to get young players ready. Sometimes in the NBA you can go weeks without a formal practice. The offseason is the time for development.
      That's even more condemning to SVG's refusal to play the youngsters. How are they ever going to improve or even develop enough to be plus players?
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Bradley might not even stay, but the team will be better with him for 2017-18, I am glad they didn't anchor themselves to a giant KCP contract. I'm not sure I want them to keep Bradley beyond 2017-18. They need to just keep on making trades, try to gain financial flexibility.

The Drummond and Jackson deals should have taught this current regime not to fall in love too fast with any player that shows competency. They went all in last year to lock up a roster that looked anachronistic by March. I'm not wild about trading Jackson for Moore, but I'm all for getting rid of Jackson's contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          That's even more condemning to SVG's refusal to play the youngsters. How are they ever going to improve or even develop enough to be plus players?
          Yeah that kind of sounds like the, "If only they played Darko more."

Here's a pro tip, you play when you are better than the other guys in practice. And a bonus tip, the owner wants to win, which is why they have a high payroll. SVG has made mistakes, but not playing flotsam like Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson is not ones I consider to be mistakes.

Comment

• Who drafted them?

You said they don't practice. So I asked how are they going to get better?

I guess on their own.

It may be the way things are, but, should it? I can understand the top 9-10 players not practicing, but if you're at the end of the bench would it hurt to get in some shooting practice?

Another mark against today's NBA.
            Last edited by Futureshock; July 12, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Players can practice on their own any time they want, but you will have long stretches where the team has no formal practices because they are playing a game or they are travelling. That's the deal when you play 82 games in 6 months. It's been like that since you started watching.

If you want to complain about SVG drafting these players, that is fair, but to expect that he is going to develop players is foolish. I don't think there is a player in the league that was developed by a head coach, it's on the player, it always has been. Truthfully, it is that way at every level of basketball, each individual player has to figure it out, if they don't they don't play.

Comment

• I guess I wouldn't draft anyone I can't use in the hopes they develop on their own. Doesn't sound right.

Yeah I know. Just a dumb fan (and not much of one) that don't know about that NBA life.

Comment

• That's basketball, it isn't just the NBA. It is up to the player to get better. Part of the drafting process is finding players willing to work on their own to improve, NBA coaches are there to call inbounds plays and timeouts. If they can't be better than players in practice they won't play.

Like I said before, it was flawed thinking about Darko as well. If they only gave him minutes he would have developed was the theory . Twelve years later, he never amounted to squat. It certainly wasn't because Larry Brown didn't give him time to develop. He drank too much and he didn't want to put in the work.

Comment

• Whelp, Boston might wanna cash in their chips sooner rather than later, because it looks like the Cavs are imploding right in front of our eyes.

Comment

• Im really surprised Lowrie wants out. He and Lebron are pretty good together
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I assume you mean Irving?

Comment

• I agree about Boston. They're going to miss Bradley more than people realize. And Olynyk - they don't get past Washington last year without Oly. They also lost Amir, a steady rebounder. They gave up a lot of rotation parts to add Hayward. Hope he is worth it. Tatum looks good too. I think Washington has a chance in the East this year. Of course any if them would lose to GSW in 4 or 5, barring injuru.

Comment

• I posted this at the Pistons - new unis look good - well besides the Flagstar Bank logo

Comment

• Andre Drummond is going to look great missing free throws in those!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                Andre Drummond is going to look great missing free throws in those!
                                Nice!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X