No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a bad start to the season for the stones.

Not bad at all.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• One thing I hadn't considered is that Golden State and Cleveland have effectively played four seasons in the last three years. Both of them have seemed a step slow at the start this year. Maybe all those extra games are starting to catch up to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        One thing I hadn't considered is that Golden State and Cleveland have effectively played four seasons in the last three years. Both of them have seemed a step slow at the start this year. Maybe all those extra games are starting to catch up to them.
        That could be true.

I went to the Cavs/Pelicans game Saturday night. It was a good game. Typical NBA, Pelicans maintained a 10+ point lead most of the game, and the Cavs took the lead mid fourth quarter according to script, but then, surprisingly, NO made a run and took the lead back. NO was up by 12 or 14 with about 5 minutes left and instead of making a push to try to win it, the Cavs emptied their bench, essentially giving up on the game. (My son was quite disappointed)

It was as it they wanted to sit their starters, but started them and then had second thoughts and decided to rest them late in the game. I guess they felt trying to win one game in NO early in the season wasn't worth the effort.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Warriors are either too hungover from the summer or they have transitioned into Team Lightswitch. Either way, my youngest just can't understand what is wrong with the Warriors. Nothing is wrong, haha.

Comment

• You guys remember how it was with the Pistons with Billups and Co.

They coasted through the regular season and would turn it on in the playoffs. Same thing for GS and Cleveland. The regular season is a joke for them.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That's true, but it is different for the Warriors who definitely haven't been coasting during the regular season the last three years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                You guys remember how it was with the Pistons with Billups and Co.

They coasted through the regular season and would turn it on in the playoffs. Same thing for GS and Cleveland. The regular season is a joke for them.
                The problem was that the Billups and Co. Pistons really WEREN'T "Team Lightswitch." And that's what kept biting them in the ass after the 2005 season. They were a team that won with tenacity and hustle. Once they started slacking off, getting back to full speed was a lot harder than they thought it would be.

Well, and that they were dependent on a dime-a-dozen shooting guard that thought he was an All-Star.

Comment

• That coincides with LB leaving as well.

Speaking of which that was the dumbest shit ever. I cant believe he left a team like we had to coach a blackhole like the Knicks
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    I'm not a big Stanley believer, at least not as a scorer, but that was a tough luck shooting night, with a number of shots rattling in and out. Hopefully, those drop most nights for him. He needs to be able to stick the corner 3 at a good % at a minimum.
                    One of my favorite Blaharisms
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      The problem was that the Billups and Co. Pistons really WEREN'T "Team Lightswitch." And that's what kept biting them in the ass after the 2005 season. They were a team that won with tenacity and hustle. Once they started slacking off, getting back to full speed was a lot harder than they thought it would be.

Well, and that they were dependent on a dime-a-dozen shooting guard that thought he was an All-Star.
                      Well they lost because Rasheed left Horry. They lost because they thought Prince could guard James. He couldn't. They didn't lose because of coasting. They lost because the strong personalities couldn't be coached by the slug they replaced Brown with. They ran amuck and got old. And LeBron

And Rip, Billups, Rasheed and Ben were Allstars. They weren't Superstars, but they were definitely Allstars
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Drummond is 14-16 from the line.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          Drummond is 14-16 from the line.
                          Bravo!

Comment

• Fake News!

No fucking way. His hands are too big and the angle from his release to the hoop is wrong. There is no way he could become a better free throw shooter.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• More fake news for you. Pistons are 7-3 on the young s3ason.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Yeah, they've certainly exceeded my expectations so far. Here's hoping they keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X