No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They could be the only (local) team worth watching here out. From a Detroit point of view.

Comment

• Whoever coached Drummond in the offseason is going to make a ton of dough going forward. He was one of the worst FT in history.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Ringer had an article on the subject and it didn't sound like there was anything different done over the summer other than Drummond just practicing them a hell of a lot more. Until this summer it sounded like they had a hard time getting him to shoot more than a 100 free throws a day.

Comment

• Either way he's doing well now. Keep it up big guy
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            The Ringer had an article on the subject and it didn't sound like there was anything different done over the summer other than Drummond just practicing them a hell of a lot more. Until this summer it sounded like they had a hard time getting him to shoot more than a 100 free throws a day.
            His routine/form is entirely different. That may have also had something to do with it...

Much lower release point, far less wasted motion, and he holds the ball away from his body instead of bringing it in. He basically copies what rick Barry did but with an overhand hitch at the end.
            Last edited by Kstat; November 4, 2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Whatever it is, he can keep it up.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                The Ringer had an article on the subject and it didn't sound like there was anything different done over the summer other than Drummond just practicing them a hell of a lot more. Until this summer it sounded like they had a hard time getting him to shoot more than a 100 free throws a day.
                Yeah, you obviously haven?t seen him shoot FTs this year. Totally different form.

Comment

• Yes, a form and muscle memory that comes from repetition and the willingness to take instruction. I highly doubt they were doing anything differently. They simply finally had a willing student.

Comment

• Everybody knows big guys can't shoot free throws. He must have shrunk
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Whatever it is, kudos to Drummond for taking the steps to improve. I'm glad it is finally sinking in.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Yeah, you obviously haven?t seen him shoot FTs this year. Totally different form.
                        I'm not saying it wasn't a different form change, but according to the article they didn't change a coach or anything like that. He was not practicing them a lot and the shooting coach didn't work with him.

Comment

• The Pistons canned Dave Hopla, the shooting coach they hired a couple years ago who didn’t improve anybody's shooting his entire tenure with the team. Some of that article was damage control from his end, don’t doubt it. It also used KCP to opine on Andre’s consistency, which was hilarious.

Could be that Andre wasn’t ready to commit to making the major changes needed until now. Who knows. But it is kind of funny that he seems to figure it out after they can the guy they brought in to work with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                            Drummond is 14-16 from the line.
                            Blind squirrel found acorn?

Comment

• I wish Ben Wallace would have done whatever Drummond did. Big Ben was terrible.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I never got the feeling with Ben that anything would work. His form was too far gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X