No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, even if healthy it's probably a 46-48 win team in the East with no realistic chance at the Finals. Boston is on the verge of the Finals and they'll be adding Kyrie, Hayward and a lottery pick. Philly won 52 and they have cap room. Striving for mediocrity.

Comment

• Reggie can't stay healthy and they have a lot of money tied up in bad contracts like Leuer and Galloway. The Griffin/Drummond/Jackson contract is bad enough to deal with you can't waste space on overpriced nobodies. They are in such bad shape that they can't re-sign Anthony Tolliver.

Comment

• Build a f*cking wall!!!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Griffin trade was clearly an act of desperation by SVG to try and keep his job. The trade failed and now it is going to take some creative work by the next GM to get out of the capped out and mediocre mess the team is in.

Comment

• Whatever they do they need to come up with some sort of philosophy on what they are trying to accomplish on the court. Their offseason free agent signings have made no sense after they signed McDyess. Joe Dumas made the correct prediction that the league was going in an offensive mode but he was clueless on what it would look like. Same with Stan. The NBA is at a point where centers should be expected to drain threes and the Pistons have their two highest paid players are post only players.

Comment

• SVG did build a wall, and the Pistons are on the wrong side of it!

Comment

• Ha!!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Raptors Interview Jerry Stackhouse For Coaching Job
                  May 21st, 2018 at 12:58pm CST by Dana Gauruder

The Raptors interviewed their G League head coach, Jerry Stackhouse, for their head coaching job last week in Chicago, Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports tweets.

Familiarity could work in Stackhouse’s favor. He moved into a coaching two years after he retired in 2013, serving as an assistant to former coach Dwane Casey. He took over the head coaching job with Raptors 905 prior to the 2016-17 season and guided them to a championship. They lost in the finals to Austin this past season.

The Raptors were reportedly interested in hiring ex-Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer before he selected the Bucks. Stackhouse is just one of three in-house candidates being considered as Casey’s replacement. Nick Nurse and Rex Kalamian also fall into that category.

Stackhouse is also considered a candidate for the Pistons’ head coaching position. Detroit was one of the teams Stackhouse played for during his long NBA career. He was one of many candidates interviewed by the Knicks before they chose former Grizzlies head man David Fizdale.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Hearing that the Pistons are interested in Trajan Langdon (assistant GM, Nets) and Shane Battier (Director of Basketball Development/ Analytics).
                    Nothing on Billups recently.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Its all a show. Billups will get the gig.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• In a weird way I hope not. Gores has shown a propensity to do the wrong things and hire the wrong people. May be bad for Mr Big Shot.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I don't necessarily think SVG was the wrong choice for the HC when he was first hired but making him the GM and the HC was a terrible idea.

On top of that he basically told "Build a f*ckin wall" that he wanted to win now and didn't want to rebuild. SVG tried to do that and I don't think he ever got the chance to slow build the Pistons after Dumars f'ed up with Ben Gordon, Mr. No Hair and Josh Smith.

SVG walked into a shit storm.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stan overturned the roster but I'm not sure he had a clear plan. Even if all stay healthy they won't compete with Boston or Philly. They might have a few 45-52 win seasons but eventually they'll have to start over. Depending on where Lebron goes I'm not sure it matters. GSW are just too damn good.

Comment

• I 100% agree that SVG looked like he was lacking a plan but look at the facts. He was dealing with a roster that looked like the island of misfit toys.

We had to trade away a first rounder to get rid of the Ben Gordon contract and he was stuck with Brandon Knight, Andre Drummond and an expiring contract in Greg Monroe and Josh Smiths ludicrous contract.

So basically he started off with no prime assets for a major trade, a bad salary cap situation and no 1st round draft pick to start his tenure. Now couple that with a new owner telling him he doesn’t want to blow things up and start over that he must win now.

It was impossible. Yeah his draft picks were questionable but SVG wasn’t going to win here unless he could blow the whole mf’er up. His draft picks were a product of trying to win with what he had and supplement with draft picks.
                              Last edited by jaadam4; May 23, 2018, 06:20 AM.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                I 100% agree that SVG looked like he was lacking a plan but look at the facts. He was dealing with a roster that looked like the island of misfit toys.

We had to trade away a first rounder to get rid of the Ben Gordon contract and he was stuck with Brandon Knight, Andre Drummond and an expiring contract in Greg Monroe and Josh Smiths ludicrous contract.

So basically he started off with no prime assets for a major trade, a bad salary cap situation and no 1st round draft pick to start his tenure. Now couple that with a new owner telling him he doesn’t want to blow things up and start over that he must win now.

It was impossible. Yeah his draft picks were questionable but SVG wasn’t going to win here unless he could blow the whole mf’er up. His draft picks were a product of trying to win with what he had and supplement with draft picks.
                                Well, if we're going to just throw our 1st rd picks away then you have a point.

Stan was absolutely horrible drafting. Reggie Jackson, Mitchell, Booker' Drummond and a brown paper bag could make the playoffs in the east.

Your excuses for him don't jive with where that team should be vs who they are now. It is truly sad.

BTW, Dumars took over the team in about the same situation and flipped it into a championship. I like Stan, I just don't like him as the Pistons' GM.

Comment

Working...
                                X