No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beilein has apparently shown interest and interviewed for the Pistons' coaching job.

Man... come on. Why?

Comment

• Negotiating ploy on his part.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• He seems a little old to be getting in the pro game, but he would be a lot better as a tactician than some of these other college coaches. If the Pistons can't get Casey, they should hire Beilein.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Beilein has apparently shown interest and interviewed for the Pistons' coaching job.

Man... come on. Why?
          Well the way Golden State plays at their best (lots of passing and open shots) is exactly the kind of game Beilein has done for years. The NBA is suited to his kind of coaching game. Has the ability to adapt unlike a lot of coaches. I am not sure that he has been interviewed for an NBA head coaching job. So might as well take the interview and see what it is about.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• NO!!! PLEASE NO!!!

Stay at U of M bro
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Negotiating ploy on his part.

I initially thought so too but why would he need it. Michigan 100% knows what they have in Coach B. He just took them to the title game with lesser star talent than the powerhouses bring in. He doesn't need it

Honestly I'd have no problem with Beilein going for the NBA but the Pistons are a black hole for the next several years. It would make no sense for him to join that franchise.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It sounds like he's met with them twice, once with Gores in California two weeks ago and sometime this week.

Comment

• Uh Oh!! Don't want him leaving UM.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Beilein isn?t leaving M.
                    The story is how he believes more money should be pumped into the program to build off recent success.

It worked for Matt Painter. Purdue fans were freaking out a few years ago when Missouri was interested in Painter. In the end, Painter received a nice raise and millions $$$ pumped into renovations.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That's not Beilein's thing. It's doubtful it work in Ann Arbor anyway as U of M only has eyes for Captain Khaki.

They are interviewing Jason Kidd, Beilein is a much better option. Hiring SVG back is better than Kidd.

Comment

• Per ESPN, the field has been narrowed down to Beilein, Casey, and Ime Udoka from the Spurs. Those are the guys who will be meeting with Gores.

Comment

• I can?t believe Beilein is really interested in the Pistons. The NBA I get but not this organization the way it?s setup for the short term (1-3 years). They?re capped in growth and no one is a solid 3 point shooter.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            I can?t believe Beilein is really interested in the Pistons. The NBA I get but not this organization the way it?s setup for the short term (1-3 years). They?re capped in growth and no one is a solid 3 point shooter.
                            Yah know... gotta ask yourself just how much longer he wants to keep coaching. He might only be looking for a 2-3 year deal without much pressure. Why not cash in and coast on a team that has no real expectations beyond squeaking into the bottom of the playoff bracket?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Yah know... gotta ask yourself just how much longer he wants to keep coaching. He might only be looking for a 2-3 year deal without much pressure. Why not cash in and coast on a team that has no real expectations beyond squeaking into the bottom of the playoff bracket?
                              Cash in? He'll command at least 5 mil a year at Michigan. Beilein has made his money, it can't be about money.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Cash in? He'll command at least 5 mil a year at Michigan. Beilein has made his money, it can't be about money.
                                Yeah, and your average NBA coach gets $7 mil (and chances are Beilein would get more than the average out of Gores). It's easy to say it's not about money when its not being waved in your face.

Comment

Working...
                                X