No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the system allows it. The NBA model isn't condusive to people who are loyal to one franchise. It's built around suckling to the t!t of your favorite superstar. Enjoy!

I've stated many times over the years that it isn't enjoyable for everyone. I am ecstatic that the Warriors are forcing the issue. I hope they win 10 in a row. Before 90% of the teams didn't have a shot but NBA fans were okay with that sad fact. Now it's up to 96% (1 team).

The Association sux..
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's a good pickup for the Warriors, but he tore his Achilles so there is no guarantee he is a force next year. Those injuries are devastating and the ones who successfully make it back take time to get back in form. They won 58 games this year, Cousins isn't worth 17 wins. He's a good upgrade over McGee and Looney, but the Warriors still need wing players.

The big thing in the Warriors favor is nobody got demonstrably better yet. If Leonard goes to the Celtics, then you have something but so far no team has made a move like the Rockets did with Chris Paul last year.

Basketball is hard to prevent being a top heavy league, but salary caps and salary cap limits combined contribute to the superteam.

Comment

• Oh yay! The NBA went from two teams that have a chance of winning the title to one.

This coming season is gonna be SO MUCH FUN, guys!

But ya know, this has got to be the best thing ever for the Froots of the world. After all, if less competition makes for a better sport, then NO competition should make it the best sport ever, right?

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's possible the Celtics and or Philly make another big leap. Barring injury or guys leaving GS I don't see much of any reason to watch.

Comment

• It's not like anybody else couldn't have signed Cousins, he literally got no offers. It is unclear if the Pelicans tried to truly re-sign him. The NBA may lose a couple fans like chemiclord but as I predicted the ratings for the NBA would increase. I was right again, big surprise. Teams will improve, the Warriors have a little less gas in the tank
              Ultimately there is nothing the league can do, their rules have caused this, sit back and enjoy.

Comment

• I'm laughing that Cody Russell is getting wise to the NBA that it's top heavy. No shit. Most seasons you can pick 3 or 4 teams that will win a championship and you will be right the majority of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  It's a good pickup for the Warriors, but he tore his Achilles so there is no guarantee he is a force next year. Those injuries are devastating and the ones who successfully make it back take time to get back in form. They won 58 games this year, Cousins isn't worth 17 wins. He's a good upgrade over McGee and Looney, but the Warriors still need wing players.

The big thing in the Warriors favor is nobody got demonstrably better yet. If Leonard goes to the Celtics, then you have something but so far no team has made a move like the Rockets did with Chris Paul last year.

Basketball is hard to prevent being a top heavy league, but salary caps and salary cap limits combined contribute to the superteam.
                  You don't think the conference finalist Celtics getting back Kyrie and Hayward counts as getting demonstrably better? I still think GS is better, but ...
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

The NBA may lose a couple fans like chemiclord but as I predicted the ratings for the NBA would increase. I was right again, big surprise.
                    No, you said the NBA Finals ratings would increase (which you argued was the only thing that really mattered)... which you were wrong, actually. Ratings for these Finals were down. I guess even casual fans are getting sick of seeing the same teams in the Finals, and the same teams winning. (Although, in total non-snarky fairness, they were still above average).

https://deadline.com/2018/06/kevin-d...bc-1202406923/

But hey, this is your dream. There is no competition this year. So it should be the best sport in the history of ever in Froot World.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; July 4, 2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

It's not like anybody else couldn't have signed Cousins, he literally got no offers.
                      Really? Word on the street is that he got an offer from the Lakers
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don't think Cousins is lying when he said he didn't get any other offer... but I doubt he's telling the entire truth either.

I think the more accurate statement would be that Cousins didn't entertain any other offers. I suspect there were quite a few teams willing to kick the tires, but were told quite simply not to bother (unless they were planning to absolutely blow him away) because he was signing with Golden State.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; July 4, 2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• I hope they win 10 in a row.

Lebron James is 'must see' tv - as someone who likes late night games, Ill be watching a ton of Lakers games next year (hoping they lose). Back when the Clippers had Paul/Griffen I watched them all the time, but I liked them. I wish the Red Wings never moved to the east (but that's another subject)

Having said that Lebron started this crap with 'the decision' No?

Comment

• Not... really?

These sort of "superteams" aren't particularly unusual. Nor is the phenomenon of only a handful of teams having any resembling a realistic chance of winning the championship. This sort of talent stockpiling happened long before "The Decision," and it will continue to happen until the NBA abolishes the max contract at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

No, you said the NBA Finals ratings would increase (which you argued was the only thing that really mattered)... which you were wrong, actually. Ratings for these Finals were down. I guess even casual fans are getting sick of seeing the same teams in the Finals, and the same teams winning. (Although, in total non-snarky fairness, they were still above average).

https://deadline.com/2018/06/kevin-d...bc-1202406923/

But hey, this is your dream. There is no competition this year. So it should be the best sport in the history of ever in Froot World.
                              Look on the bright side, you have another thing to be angry about.

Comment

• Ha! I got a chuckle out of that.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X