No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I "grew up" in Flint. There was parody when I was growing up and all city schools were very good. Quite often knocking each other off. Then in the early 80's Flint Central was a powerhouse with the Eric Turner and Mark Harris led team wining multiple state championships, Then in the Mid-80's Flint Northwestern was a powerhouse with the Glen Rice, Andre Rison led team wining multiple state championships, Then in the early 90's the Mateen Cleaves, Antonio Smith led team won a state championship.

So yeah, I did"grow up" watching parody. Maybe the Association needs to do more developing the sport at the lower levels to help these kids develop special talent. That's how it was when I was "growing up." You had to rise up or take your az home because you were going to lose and get embarrassed.

And you're probably right about the future. They have their niche fans and they are loyal.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    If you cater to the purists your audience will not grow. Its why Maroon5 will be playing a ridiculously long halftime at this year's Super Bowl and it is a good business decision. As much as purists like futureshock bag on the NBA, they sure like to comment on it. They couldn't care less about the NBA and they'll prove it with many posts about it. Its kind of like Gonz and soccer.

Defense in today's NBA is much tougher, you have to move your feet. Hand checking and physical toughness is most definitely used to avoid moving the feet.
    I bag because I used to love it. I just don't agree that big men, hard fouls and team ball aren't part of the game.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I know I'm probably on the wrong side of the argument because it will probably never be the same.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Good Ol Flint. One of the first stripclubs that I ever went to was on Dort Hwy
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I used to go to Windsor for strip clubs.

Comment

• Cheetahs!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

The sport is antiquated and slow. Parody can't fix something you fall asleep watching.
              YEP!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yes it's definitely showing up in the ratings! It's similar to the Yogism, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
                Yeah... the ratings were down last year, even in the Finals (which you have repeatedly claimed is the only ratings that really matter).

Dunno what to tell ya. *shrug*

Comment

• Comment

• The 3 is annoying ... keep passing it around to get the further shot from the basket
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• ESPN and TNT are both extremely pleased with their TV deals. It was widely thought they overpaid when they bid for them and that worry is gone. The franchise values have skyrocketed. The NBA is in the best shape it has probably ever been in. Every year with this stupid argument

People complain about super teams or whatever like the NBA can do anything about it. It's like these foolish people are arguing that some specific rule can make it great for everyone. There is no such system.

Comment

• WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; September 28, 2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            ESPN and TNT are both extremely pleased with their TV deals. It was widely thought they overpaid when they bid for them and that worry is gone. The franchise values have skyrocketed. The NBA is in the best shape it has probably ever been in. Every year with this stupid argument

People complain about super teams or whatever like the NBA can do anything about it. It's like these foolish people are arguing that some specific rule can make it great for everyone. There is no such system.
                            Well, there kinda is, but it would require negotiation with the Player's Association to do (for example, the quickest way to end superteams would be to abolish the max contract).

I like the 3, because it gives incentive to move the ball and maintain a faster pace rather than have two big men bump each other around looking for the highest percentage shot. But I'd also agree that it's become a bit too easy for the reward it gives.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; September 28, 2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Why not make the game more casual fan friendly. Shorten the game to four minutes, no foul, hoop at 6ft.

Might just watch that
                              Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• I guess they need an imaginary line in the NHL where you get more than 1 goal if you score from it (at least they have a goalie ... bad example since the NHL is excruciating to watch except for power plays overtimes and playoffs). Mind you, if you're 1 inch inside that line it's worse. The NBA game (putting a ball into a basket) rewards you for looking for worse shots. It's stupid and random to me. I don't think you should get more points because you looked for a worse shot

Last edited by Forsh; September 28, 2018, 09:10 AM.
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X