No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take the players that are athletic and can ball.

Comment

• Offensively he should be OK, but I think it will be a struggle defensively.

Comment

• He'll be fine. Kelly Olynik makes Kaminsky look like Rick Mahorn and he's carved out a nice niche for himself in the NBA.

Nice player, but probably won't be BPA at the 8th pick.

Comment

• With the 8th pick you are looking at guys like Stanley Johnson, Kelly Oubre, Myles Turner and other guys with All-Star potential. I'd take Myles Turner if he was available.
          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• A player I didn't like coming out of HS, but think he will be a good pro is Trey Lyles. He is not the explosive athlete type, but he is very much like Anthony Tolliver except younger and with room to become much better than him. He can score inside and out and just has the feel.

He's not #8 material but a trade down or trade back into the middle of the first round and he would be a good target. Other than that, if they really want a 3 they can take a spin on the "who knows" wheel with Oubre, Stanley, Looney.
            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• 90% odds Van Gundy picks Porzingis or Hezonja at #8. Athletic shooters are his thing, and those are the two best floor-spacers in the 7-9 range. If both are gone, probably Stanley Johnson.
              Last edited by Kstat; April 20, 2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                He'll be fine. Kelly Olynik makes Kaminsky look like Rick Mahorn and he's carved out a nice niche for himself in the NBA.

Nice player, but probably won't be BPA at the 8th pick.
                I was thinking Frank the tank gets picked before 8......He already has a nice outside shot, handles the ball pretty well for a big man, and fits the stretch 4 that so many seem to be looking for....

Comment

• he can't defend his position. He's a mid-teens pick most likely.

Comment

• I look at highlights of the euro big shooter and Frank and Frank looks better to me. Most rankings put that euro big higher in the draft though.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Drummond tweeting about wanting to play with Draymond apparently.

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yes, Pistons need the next Jan Vesley
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Because all white Europeans are the same.

We need the next Lebron james too. Maybe we should draft Denzel Valentine...

FYI, the best the best pure athlete in this draft is Mario Hezonja. He's a cut above any of kentucky or duke's players in that regard.

Porzingis is a bit of a project. He's absolutely not as good as kaminsky right now, but there's a good chance he will leapfrog him quickly. He's got more mobility, more range, a longer wingspan and good shot blocking instincts.
                          Last edited by Kstat; April 21, 2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Darko II.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• yeah but he's no Bismack Biyombo

is he kstat?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• imho Kaminsky has a really hi bskbl IQ and has talent. Along with shooting he has great foot work around the basket. There were times he made Okafur look terrible. If Kaminsky can bulk up, and find a way to not sputter out at the end of games, I think he could potentially be an all-star. As he is now, he will be a nice role player. That said, I've seen clips of Hezonja, and if he falls to Det you have to take him. With the euros likely going higher, I am beginning to think there is an outside chance that Winslow slides. It's a damn strong draft 1-8/9

Comment

Working...
                                X