Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    Pistons acquired Ilyasova from the Bucks today, most likely Greg Monroe's replacement....There's pretty much no small forwards on the roster now so that most likely will be the 8th pick....now the Pistons have to hope that the player(s) they want drop to 8.
    Ersan should be a some what valuable part of the team next season IMO.
    Probably will start some games... generally play 18-22 minutes per game... is a good compliment to Drummond. Shoots the 3 well for his size.

Good short term piece.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Is he any good?
    This is what my big bro, who is one of the biggest Bucks fans you can have, said about Ersan:

"Hit or miss, might be decent next to Drummond, good pick and pop guy, great at taking charges, injury prone, goes through hot and cold streaks, and has regressed as a rebounder.

Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    What are the chances of you posting a picture of this dude and he's a piston a few hours later...
    lol yea that was weird.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• So updated depth chart plus contracts:
      PG - Brandon Jennings ( 1 year, $8,344,497)
      Reggie Jackson (1 year, $3,400,144 qualifying offer)
      Spencer Dinwiddie (2 years, $845,059 next season)

SG - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (3 years, $2,891,760 next season)
      Jodie Meeks (2 years, $6,270,000 next season)

SF -

PF - Ersan Ilyasova (1 year, $7,900,000)
      Cartier Martin (1 year, $1,270,964)
      Anthony Tolliver (1 year, $3 million TEAM OPTION)

C - Andre Drummond (2 years, $3,272,090 next season)
      Aaron Gray (1 year, $1,356,146 next season)

Josh Smith salary next season around $5.2 million?
      That means the Pistons have $43,750,660 of their cap tied up to 10 players on the roster. The 8th pick will cost between $2.8 and $3 million next season The 2nd round pick might cost $600,000.

If the salary cap in 2015/2016 is around $67,100,000 like projections are saying, the Pistons will have just over $20,000,000 to spend on 3-4 players... trades and 2nd round picks obviously can change stuff. Reggie Jackson's qualifying offer can also affect the salary cap. If that turns into a long term deal, the Pistons might only have $10,000,000 to spend on those 3-4 players.

SF is also a BIG need.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ilyasova is a good pickup. He'll fill the role that Tolliver filled last year. I wonder if it means they don't pick up Tolliver's option. He helped that team when they waived Josh Smith.

Basically this is a deal to pick up a good role player, even if he's overpaid. You can see the team Stan Van Gundy is trying to assemble. That is a welcome change from the last 5 or 6 years of the Dumars regime. He was just trying to get high profile free agents that would come for the money without any attention paid to team roles. For the life of me I cannot figure out what Dumars was trying to build after the team quit making the ECFs.

Comment

• I think Tolliver will be back....He'd be back in his bench role where he played pretty well and I dont think he makes all that much....At this point the Pistons dont have any other real PF backup options unless you count Quincy Miller or Cartier Martin.

Comment

• They better pick up tolliver's option. They aren't going to find a better backup PF for $3 million.

Comment

• Sign Jackson,
              Pickup option on Tolliver
              Sign SF
              Re-Sign Joel
              Draft SF
              Done
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                I think Tolliver will be back....He'd be back in his bench role where he played pretty well and I dont think he makes all that much....At this point the Pistons dont have any other real PF backup options unless you count Quincy Miller or Cartier Martin.
                I forgot about Quincy Miller.
                His contract is worth 2 years, $1 million total... I think only 1 year is remaining worth less than $1 million.

If 22 year old Miller shows potential in training camp, Pistons will obviously keep him at that value. To this point, he hasn't done anything special in the NBA. http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6611/quincy-miller

Actually in the last couple of games, Miller got some playing time as hit a couple 3's. Another stretch 4 like Ernsa and Tolliver like you said.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  DARKO
                  ZARKO
                  MARKO
                  FARTKO
                  Ha hahaha! Very good!
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Hawks are letting go of Danny Ferry.
                    If I was any team in the NBA, I'd hire him to run player personnel immediately.
                    What he did in Atlanta was amazing.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Did Ferry ever publicly address the racist stuff he said/emailed?

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                        Did Ferry ever publicly address the racist stuff he said/emailed?
                        I don't think so, which I find surprising.

Due to how Ferry doesn't have a history of doing that beyond the email, how a lot of people agree it has been overblown, and his own players supports Ferry... I'd hope he gets a 2nd chance.

Of course if Ferry did something like that again, nobody should hire him.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm starting to think Trey Lyles would be an good pick for Detroit. He's got the potential to give you what Monroe gives you but with better defense (surprisingly quick feet) and a better 15 footer shot.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Do you guys think we're going with one of the euros or staying at home
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Most likely will take them if they are there, with Herzonja being the only real possibility. Porzingas should be long gone by our pick.

I'm hoping for Stanley Johnson, but would take either Winslow or Herzonja over him.

Comment

• That pretty much sums up what I've read too. The euros just scare me with the lack of numbers. Seeing them average 6 points a game isn't promising although I understand that theres other variables at play.

I do like Herzonja's drive although I've heard it can really go either way with his emotion.

Winslow or Johnson will prob be the pick but IMO Winslow should be gone.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X