Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They blew another one today.

Comment

• I'll just say I don't agree with Chemi and his posts on basketball are not worth, for me, to reply on.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• So GS blew out the Cavs. This is an interesting season.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          They blew another one today.
          Yeah the team doesn't handle success very well yet. Lately they just are not stringing together wins. They seem to win a big game and then not show up mentally for the next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            I'll just say I don't agree with Chemi and his posts on basketball are not worth, for me, to reply on.
            Yeah, because at this point, you were already proven wrong and don't like having your face rubbed in it.

Comment

• You are desperate for attention.

Comment

• *shrug* If that's how you want to dismiss it, boy-o.

You don't want to admit the game has changed. The days of dominating 2-guards are mostly gone, and nowadays, the shooting guard position is pretty much the easiest one on the floor to find production for. There's a ton of good shooters that can finish nowadays, and the difference between a very good one and a great one is rarely worth what it takes to get one. KCP will probably never be great, but that's okay. He doesn't need to be. The Eddie George comparisons are looking more and more accurate, and ya know what? I'm fine with that. I was fine with that ceiling when he was drafted. I worried that the Pistons didn't have a point guard that could get him the ball.

Because point guard play is the critical factor nowadays. If you don't have a quality point guard that can distribute AND score, your team is going to struggle mightily. Fortunately, the Pistons now have two pretty damn quality PGs that will allow players like KCP and Drummond to be able to finish plays. Detroit's in a pretty damn good spot as a team. It just needs some polish that hopefully Van Gundy can provide.
                Last edited by chemiclord; January 19, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• "Hack a Dre" actually backfired for a short while tonight. But it was weird to watch Houston foul Andre to start the 3rd until they got in the penalty. If he could hit half of them they would probably back off. But they fouled him so often tonight that he actually seemed like he got into a rhythm at one point.

Comment

• Wow, how the hell do you miss 23 free throws?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      I'll admit that calling him "Dime-a-Dozen" is unfair, and I do it only to troll Brook at this point.
                      chemi you've been on a roll lately. when did you get a personality?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                        Wow, how the hell do you miss 23 free throws?
                        Pretty easy actually.

Comment

• lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

He got into a rhythm ???
                            The only logical explanation is:
                            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Thats more than some players miss in a whole season

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Yeah the team doesn't handle success very well yet. Lately they just are not stringing together wins. They seem to win a big game and then not show up mentally for the next game.
                                To me it's just part of the growing process. There's going to be some ugliness along the way. I'm sure the 2001-02 Pistons lost a lot of games they were good enough to win as well.

The good news is that they already have 22 wins in the bank and should improve a little more when Meeks returns. Hopefully, they'll learn to go hard more consistently. Andre is the key to that, in my opinion. They don't have a blue-collar vet to get in his face when he gets a little mopey on the court so that's got to come from Stan (which I think it has been) and hopefully some other player that has his ear. Maybe Reggie and Stanley can grow into those kinds of leaders and be like what Isiah, Lambs and Mahorn were to Rodman?

Comment

Working...
                                X