• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
    He got into a rhythm ???
    Lol
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
      Wow, how the hell do you miss 23 free throws?
      Now that I slept on it I can answer my own question-

Get more then 23 FT attempts

Still, I think most of us would be damn ashamed of ourselves and put a bunch more practice time in.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
        To me it's just part of the growing process. There's going to be some ugliness along the way. I'm sure the 2001-02 Pistons lost a lot of games they were good enough to win as well.

The good news is that they already have 22 wins in the bank and should improve a little more when Meeks returns. Hopefully, they'll learn to go hard more consistently. Andre is the key to that, in my opinion. They don't have a blue-collar vet to get in his face when he gets a little mopey on the court so that's got to come from Stan (which I think it has been) and hopefully some other player that has his ear. Maybe Reggie and Stanley can grow into those kinds of leaders and be like what Isiah, Lambs and Mahorn were to Rodman?

Pardon me: 23 wins! Hopefully, #24 comes tonight.

Comment

Still, I think most of us would be damn ashamed of ourselves and put a bunch more practice time in.
          Guy would be an MVP candidate if he could shoot 75% from the foul line and you think lack of practice is the issue...LOL

Comment

Supposedly, he hits 75% in practice. I would guess that's a little exaggerated but I do think that a lot of it is mental.

As for his mechanics, I think he'd be helped with a little more knee-bend as he goes into the shot. It seems to look to me like his FT-motion is all arms and the rest of his body is stiff. Whatever he worked on in training-camp carried all the way to game 3 of the season (14 for 21 in his first two games) where things started heading downhill. He's been pretty much abysmal since. He hasn't had a game where he's hit over 50% since before Christmas and has only had one game above 40% since then.

It's probably not going to be a problem that's solved this year but I'd try to get him to see a sports phycologist or something. I'd really try anything because if he became even a 50% FT-shooter, that's probably an extra 5-7 wins over the course of a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              I'll admit that calling him "Dime-a-Dozen" is unfair, and I do it only to troll Brook at this point.
              Hmmmmmm.

Admitting to be a troll?

No surprise here......
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                "Hack a Dre" actually backfired for a short while tonight. But it was weird to watch Houston foul Andre to start the 3rd until they got in the penalty. If he could hit half of them they would probably back off. But they fouled him so often tonight that he actually seemed like he got into a rhythm at one point.
                Short while does not work. If they are going to hack, everyone on the floor should be able to make them pay for it.

I have no problem with 90% or even 80% completion, but........

Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                Wow, how the hell do you miss 23 free throws?
                By thinking you are too good to have to practice them.

Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                Pretty easy actually.
                If I am Van Gundy, he is throwing 50 free throws every time they are in the practice facility.

Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                Thats more than some players miss in a whole season
                ...and it is because he thinks he is too good to practice them...

Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

A Professional BB player not being able to complete at least 80% of free throws should have one 3 pt made taken off his record for each missed free throw over the 80% mark.

High School players can give a better return on Free Throws.

.....and they would be happy with a clean used car and McDonalds or Taco Bell card for when they are hungry.

Comment

• No center in the NBA shoots 80% from the foul line. I believe the leader in the clubhouse is sitting on 76%. The idea that Drummond doesn't practice FTs enough is ridiculous, as is the idea that Van Gundy hasnt had him practice them.

It's more difficult for tall players with big hands to make foul shots. The science bears that out. Small people have a much lower release point and the ball lands on the rim softer and smaller hands allow for cleaner backspin.

Andre obviously can shoot them better than he is, but let's stop pushing this bullshit idea that FTs are an automatic shot for everybody.

But yeah, he's a big black guy so obviously he's just lazy. Pistons practices are televised so we all know this for a fact. I'd expect no less from this place...
                  Last edited by Kstat; January 21, 2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    No center in the NBA shoots 80% from the foul line. The idea that Drummond doesn't practice FTs enough is ridiculous, as is the idea that Van Gundy hasnt had him practice them.

It's more difficult for tall players with big hands to make foul shots. The science beats that out. Small people have a much lower release point and the ball lands on the rim softer and smaller hands allow for cleaner backspin.
                    I could care less what position they play.

Getting to the NBA and not being able to make 8 out of 10 free throws is plain ludicrous.

Not making 23 in a row is bench material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      I could care less what position they play.

Getting to the NBA and not being able to make 8 out of 10 free throws is plain ludicrous.

Not making 23 in a row is bench material.
                      So every center in the NBA is terrible by your arbitrary standards. We should just play without any center at all. Ok.

I think that players that can't dunk shouldn't be allowed to play in the NBA. If you can't jump high enough to dunk the ball that is ludicrous. I can find guys at Burger King that can dunk...
                      Last edited by Kstat; January 21, 2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• I don't think it's that easy. But it shouldn't be as hard as Drummond is making it look either.

SVG has shown he's willing to sit Drummond in crucial situations. I hope he's pressing the right buttons. If he's not, he could be driving him away.

Comment

• It's not easy. Drummond should be trying to be at least at 55%. It's a joke to ask him to be 80%. That's just absurd. You can count the number of starting centers in NBA history that shot 80% from the line on one hand.

Kareem is the all time leading point scorer in history and he topped out at 72%. I guess he was lazy, too.
                          Last edited by Kstat; January 21, 2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Some guys just don't hit free throws, if only he had to shoot 50 free throws a practice, we could only wish that was the answer. He was a raw player all through his life.

He'll get a little better. But it isn't going to be great at it. That strategy rarely works, it didn't work last night. Houston willingly went into the bonus in the first minute of the 3rd quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                              Guy would be an MVP candidate if he could shoot 75% from the foul line and you think lack of practice is the issue...LOL
                              Yeah you are right, I admit I don't know. He may spend hours on it.

Comment

• Kstat is completely right, the idea that Drummond is lazy and doesn't practice his free throws (and probably a freaking ton) is absurd, and the idea that SVG wouldn't have him practicing them even more absurd. I'm sure no one is more aware of how his FTs are effecting the game than Drummond himself, and you see it in his face that he's frustrated by it. And lol at the arbitrary 80% criteria for centers...wow...
                                AXE 'EM!

Comment

Working...
                                X