No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only people on Earth who wouldn't make that trade are Pistons fans... and that's only because Pistons fans know it's an offer that would never be made, so they have to make themselves feel better about what they DO have.
    Last edited by chemiclord; June 23, 2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• With the run on big men that hit starting at #8, getting Ellenson is a pretty good get. I'd prefer a stretch 4 to have a bit more reliable shot from range (sub 30% from 3-point), but that SHOULD improve as he grows into himself.

He's big enough and strong enough to help clean the paint, and should have the ability to step out and not get in Drummond's way. I like it.
      Last edited by chemiclord; June 23, 2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Good pick, I won't complain about anything

ESPN's analysis:
        "The Pistons got one of the steals of the draft in Ellenson. For much of the year he was ranked in the top 10 on my Big Board. He slid late based on concerns about his lack of athleticism, but he's one of the most skilled big men in the draft. He can shoot 3s, has an advanced midrange game and is big enough to play center and rebound. His versatility should allow him to thrive and I actually really like him long-term paired with to Andre Drummond."
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          The only people on Earth who wouldn't make that trade are Pistons fans... and that's only because Pistons fans know it's an offer that would never be made, so they have to make themselves feel better about what they DO have.
          I'm not a Pistons fan and I wouldn't make that trade. Ben Simmons as another LeBron is a joke right? He likely won't even be the best player in this draft let alone this decade.
          Forever One!

Comment

• Andre and it's not at all close.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• The Pistons just drafted Brad Miller except Henry Ellenson is way ahead of where Brad Miller was when he was a college freshman. Hopefully he develops in the same direction as Brad did.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Half the Piston fans don't even really like Dre that much. The fuck outta here with that homer shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                  The Pistons just drafted Brad Miller except Henry Ellenson is way ahead of where Brad Miller was when he was a college freshman. Hopefully he develops in the same direction as Brad did.
                  He already moves better than Miller and is way more skilled. Ellenson will be able to get a board and go.

Miller was a true C where Ellenson is a 4/5. Jalen Rose used Troy Murphy as a comparison and that's not too far off. I'd take Murphy's career as long as Ellenson ages better than Murphy did.
                  Last edited by The Oracle; June 24, 2016, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• .....for what it's worth.

Bleacher Report gave Pisons an A in drafting last night.

Welcome to the 60 newest members of the NBA 's exclusive fraternity. Ben Simmons got to join first, after the Philadelphia 76ers made him the No. 1 pick of the 2016 NBA draft...
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not a bad pick. I saw a mock saying we'd draft him but I didn't think he'd slip that far.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It would have been nice if Valentine was there as I thought he would be the perfect play maker addition - that said he's knees are pretty crazy and he would be a health risk. I like the pick though. Probably best choice with what was available.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          He already moves better than Miller and is way more skilled. Ellenson will be able to get a board and go.

Miller was a true C where Ellenson is a 4/5. Jalen Rose used Troy Murphy as a comparison and that's not too far off. I'd take Murphy's career as long as Ellenson ages better than Murphy did.
                          Brad's only a tiny fraction bigger in height actually (even though his NBA bio says 7') and played lots of PF too (remember the sac days). Ellenson is young and has a good frame... he could go big and be brad miller weight/strength pretty easily, but that said, in todays NBA he should stay thin and as mobile as possible with his limited athleticism. In the NBA of 15 years ago he would have been told to add muscle and weight right away, but speed is premium over strength now.

Comment

• Charlotte netted Marco Belinelli with this draft.
                            Awful considering how much Belinelli has been struggling recently.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                              It would have been nice if Valentine was there as I thought he would be the perfect play maker addition - that said he's knees are pretty crazy and he would be a health risk. I like the pick though. Probably best choice with what was available.
                              the knee issues was a smokescreen .... somebody was trying to push him down the draft board.

I winced when I heard his name called at 14. He was close to making it to 18.
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Pistons missing out on some undrafted guys. GPii to rockets. Yogi to Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                                X